GUILTY FL - Alice Broom, 81, fatally mauled by dogs, Citra, 12 Dec 2003

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Why the &%$# does anyone need to own six Pitbulls??

6 pitbulls kill elderly man

I hate these dogs... :mad: I don't see any redeeming qualities in them, their jaws lock like a vise on their victim and they have been so poorly bread they are nuts unless from a good registered breeder.

Gawd stories like this make me mad... I think they should tie a pork chop around the owners neck and put him in the Komodo Dragon exhibit at the local zoo!

:fuming:

Cass...

REading the article, it was only 2 pitbulls. The others were labs. But still, why any pitbulls? They are not good pets, ever. The only reason to have them is to fight them or use them as protection. But who needs that kind of protection? And fighting them is just plain cruel.

But, speaking from the other side of the vicious dog stories, I can sort of understand what the owner was feeling about his pets. My best friend lives in Houston in a very nice old house in a not so nice neighborhood. She has a 8 foot tall iron fence with bars that are 2 inches apart surrounding the house. She also had 2 Rottweilers, a male and female. They were put down a few years ago for being vicious animals. A kid (teenage) was bit when poking a stick through the fence at the dogs. Now, the bars were too far apart for the dogs to get their heads out, so the kid had to have his hand inside the bars to have been bitten. The second occurance was a burglar who was "treed" by the dogs. Police came to check out a disturbance and found this guy perched on top of my friend's SUV inthe driveway. He was completely unknown to my friend and had been planning to break into the house. The dogs bit him and he climbed up on the car to get away. So, since there were now two complaints against the dogs, they were put down. Neither person was seriously injured. I normally do not like Rotts, but these were actually very nice dogs. They were trusted around babies in the house. When my little terrier tried to "play" with one of them by yipping at it and nipping at it, the Rott could easily have killed my dog if it had so wanted to. Instead, he just sat down and took it. Eventually he just stuck his big paw on my dog's back and made him stay still and stop. It was really funny to see.

So, I can see where some of these stories get exaggerated. People are afraid of the dogs because they are a specific breed and treat any agress ive behaviour at all as an attack, when in reality it really isn't.

But that is Rotts, not pit bulls. I can't see any redeeming qualities in pit bulls. And they are well known for killing and pack attacks.

Arielle... in Toronto at our zoo.... a kid 15 year old kid climbed into the Wolf tundra area... over two fences... he was attacked by wolves but they were able to rescue him, he had leg and arm damage but survived.

His parents filed a law suit against the Zoo for not providing enough barriers... and WON!!! something like 100,000.00 +++

:eek:

It is a nutty world... Casshew thinks

I own a female pit, she's beautiful, friendly, and well behaved. I don't beat her and I don't teach her to fight, she gets lots of love, heck she even sleeps in my bed with me and hubby. She actually reminds me of the black lab I used to own. Any dog can be vicious, as well as any adult or kid, but it has alot to do with their upbringing. My boston terrior is more vicious than my pit......

Originally posted by Angie
I own a female pit, she's beautiful, friendly, and well behaved. I don't beat her and I don't teach her to fight, she gets lots of love, heck she even sleeps in my bed with me and hubby. She actually reminds me of the black lab I used to own. Any dog can be vicious, as well as any adult or kid, but it has alot to do with their upbringing. My boston terrior is more vicious than my pit......

Angie, that's true! My son's friend has a pit and he's the most adorable dog. Very sweet. All dogs need training!! That's what people seem to forget. They're not born knowing the rules. Basic obedience is a necessity!

So true!! I know my Britney was not born knowing how to kill just because she's a pit......

I also have a pit. His name is Sam, he is the sweetest dog i have ever owned. On another note yes some "backyard breeders" try and make the most vicious offspring but these pups are usually not pitbull terriers. It is true that pits dont do well with other animals. The whole "lock jaw" thing is a myth!!!

Originally posted by Angie
I own a female pit, she's beautiful,

Hi Annie.. I am not trying to give you a hard time here... but please define beautiful?

The pitbulls I have seen have massive heads disporportionate to their bodies... and are big ugly things... nothing in my wildest dreams I would call beautiful

Are there different kinds of pittbulls? or is beauty in the eye of the beholder?

About a month ago a Mom walking with her 5 year old and 3 year old daughters was attached by a pitbull, a motorist jumped out of his car to help them fight it off... it had the 5 year old down on the ground by the shoulder.

The police came and had to shoot it 4 times... this is my neibourhood that I walk in all the time with my 10 year old... I hate these animals...

Cass...

Pinkie the url's where great to view, these dogs are and can be beautiful. If you love your dog as much as you love your children, they then will love you back. These dogs that attack are either taught to do that, or they are neglected. Yes, the lock jaw thing is a myth. By the way, Britney loves her boston terrier sister, and her three brother cats, not to mention the chickens!!!!

I want to appologize to all the owners of loving pit bulls out there. Even after my story about the loving Rotts, I still put down the pit bulls. That was not very nice of me was it. I know that it all about how the dogs are raised. I've known some really vicious chihauhaus and some really sweet rottweilers, so it really ahs to do with the way they are treated themselves. It just seems that more people with pit bulls purposely mistreat them than other breeds. They have a bad reputation that is largely undeserved. There have been many breeds over the years that have had that reputation: german shepards, dobermans, rottweilers, and now pit bulls.

Question: Is the American Pit Bull Terrier the same as the American Staffordshire Terrier?

Originally posted by pinkie
oh the horror!!!;)

LOL I have to agree with that... wouldn't want it in my bed.. maybe a black lab though ;)

Seriously, are there different breeds of pits? that one looks different to the horse headed ones I have seen.

Cass...

Originally posted by Casshew
... I hate these animals...

Cass...
Don't hate the animal, hate the owner.....I agree that these dogs are scary but I've seen the "Teddy bears" and the "Monsters" with these types of dogs, it depends on the raising and their training.
The reason Pits get such a bad name is because they are mostly used for fighting and are trained to fight.
My father has one and I would have never reccomended it for him as a pet but this dog has got to be the sweetest biggest loving teddy bear ever! There is not a mean streak in him!

http://www.canismajor.com/dog/amstaff.html

I hope this link helps.
A registered Amarican Pit Bull Terrier is not supposed to have the huge head. There are different Pit breeds. It has alot to do with the bloodline and so on. Every responsible breeder knows what to look for in a mate for their dog. Behavior is more learned than inherited.
The A.P.B.T. is usually a friendly, and kinda goofy dog.
Granted that some are not to be trusted with small animals.
You have to train your dog to behave and you have to train your dog to kill. I think the owners of the "pit bulls" that attack children etc. should be held responsible. When im not at home I keep our dog Sam on a chain and inside the fence. Mainly because i dont want him to be stolen. I have seen fighting dogs and its heartbreaking. Its animal abuse and its illegal in many states.

It's the ones with the big heads, like horses I hate... and I do mean hate (sorry alpharee) just like some people hate cats, some people hate spiders, some people hate brussel sprouts.. I hate pitbulls.

Too many heartbreaking stories about kids and adults be mauled to death. Lassie come home!

Well you are right casshew, I hate cats for no particular reason...
Too many heartbreaking stories about kids and adults be mauled to death. Lassie come home!

True the stoiries are heartbreaking, do you ever wonder why the media doesnt report every chihauhau bite? Its just not good news.

Originally posted by pinkie

True the stoiries are heartbreaking, do you ever wonder why the media doesnt report every chihauhau bite? Its just not good news.

I am sure there are more chihuahua bites than pitbull attacks.... but usually the chihuahua victim has not had their throat ripped out and has bled to death on someones porch :rolleyes:

OCALA, Fla. -- A Marion County man is going to prison because his dogs mauled a woman to death. A jury found Robert Freeman guilty of manslaughter Thursday afternoon.

The man whose dogs killed his neighbor broke down on the witness stand Thursday morning as he testified in his own defense. Robert Freeman talked about how he found Alice Broom after his six dogs attacked her

http://www.wftv.com/news/9044297/detail.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back