FL FL - Altamonte Springs, WhtFem 67UFFL, 15-23, 'Ginger', may be from MI, Aug'73

Victoria Bowers?

She went missing in late May 1973 from Deltona, Florida. Deltona is 27 minutes away from Altamonte Springs.

She was 17 years old, had brown, wavy hair, was 5’3’’ and weighed 103 pounds.

The only odd thing was that she had a glass left eye. It could have not been found or could have been taken by animals.

NamUS: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Liv,

Did you ever submit this possible match? I was just going thru NamUs and thought this could be possible - especially since Victoria doesn't have any rule outs on her profile. (they might not have DNA for her) - let me know if you didn't submit, because I will.

I would think they would have looked into this already considering the distance between where Victoria went missing from and where the UID was found, but who knows since Victoria's NamUs profile wasn't created until 2019.

Liv,

Did you ever submit this possible match? I was just going thru NamUs and thought this could be possible - especially since Victoria doesn't have any rule outs on her profile. (they might not have DNA for her) - let me know if you didn't submit, because I will.

I would think they would have looked into this already considering the distance between where Victoria went missing from and where the UID was found, but who knows since Victoria's NamUs profile wasn't created until 2019.

I submitted Victoria Bowers today as a Possible Match. I have no clue if Victoria has DNA available, she has no rule outs listed on her NamUs Profile.

I sent the email to the Seminole Sheriff's office (listed on the UID's NamUs page) and I attached read receipt. Two people read my email but I have yet to get a response.

I would think these two have been compared in the past since the distance of where the UID was found and Victoria went missing from is only 27 miles, but that was 1973, before technology took over.

I submitted Victoria Bowers today as a Possible Match. I have no clue if Victoria has DNA available, she has no rule outs listed on her NamUs Profile.

I sent the email to the Seminole Sheriff's office (listed on the UID's NamUs page) and I attached read receipt. Two people read my email but I have yet to get a response.

I would think these two have been compared in the past since the distance of where the UID was found and Victoria went missing from is only 27 miles, but that was 1973, before technology took over.

So both Victoria's and this Jane Doe's NamUs profiles have been modified on August 27th (day after I sent the possible match email) - Victoria isn't listed yet as a rule out on the Jane Doe's page - I am glad they have at least looked at both profiles - even though I didn't receive an email back, I am satisfied.

So both Victoria's and this Jane Doe's NamUs profiles have been modified on August 27th (day after I sent the possible match email) - Victoria isn't listed yet as a rule out on the Jane Doe's page - I am glad they have at least looked at both profiles - even though I didn't receive an email back, I am satisfied.

Looks like Victoria Bowers has been added to the list of rule outs.

I wonder if the Alexandrite ring is a red herring. I came across an article from shortly after the bodies of Jane Doe and Laura Lynn Harberts were found that says the ring was found near the bodies, not on one of the bodies and that Alexandrite would have been Harbert's birthstone. I wonder what made them eventually link the ring to the Jane Doe?

The_Orlando_Sentinel_Tue__Sep_11__1973_.jpeg

Here is the current list of exclusions for Altamonte Springs Jane Doe. Janet Kramer is listed twice.

MP55699 Victoria Bowers
05/30/1973
Volusia, FL

MP11479 Patricia Spencer
10/31/1969
Iosco, MI

MP21165 Janet Kramer
01/01/1971
Kandiyohi, MN

MP55832 Patricia Wagner
10/20/1972
Hudson, NJ

MP21165 Janet Kramer
01/01/1971
Kandiyohi, MN

MP6309 Charlotte Loomis
09/01/1972
Monmouth, NJ

MP22528 Kathleen Rodgers
03/03/1973
Butte, CA

MP5533 Denise Sheehy
07/07/1970
Queens, NY

MP24164 Helen Green
01/01/1971
Cook, IL

MP26255 Judy Davis
05/13/1972
Duval, FL

MP11478 Pamela Hobley
10/31/1969
Iosco, MI

MP2501 Cynthia Coon
04/02/1970
Washtenaw, MI

MP1832 Kathy Wilcox
07/12/1972
Allegan, MI

MP3980 Debora Lowe
02/29/1972
Broward, FL

MP4632 Gail Joiner
09/22/1972
Hillsborough, FL

I totally agree with you. The name "Ginger" immediately makes me think of a person with a color hair with a reddish tint to it. In the stats they say she had light brown hair...could also be blond...depending of the eyes of the beholder....sigh....
I feel compelled to add that mammalian hair color can change color after death. The type of melanin that gives hair a black or brown color is more unstable than the type contributing the reddish hues. The hair of decedents left out in the elements can lighten and redden considerably in a year’s time, and the result might be very different from how the hair appeared during life.
Altamonte Springs Jane Doe was found in a dumping ground. While we know that she had another decedent on top of her, there is no indication that she was buried or otherwise covered from the weather.
Even if she was cached, it is possible that exposure to the elements caused this UID’s hair to appear predominantly red at the time of her recovery. Perhaps that the why LE nick-named her “Ginger.” As the ME likely recognized this color to be a postmortem artifact, he or she listed the Doe’s hair color as light brown.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

The distance is a bit far but I wonder if Rose Ann Hockenson could be Ginger.

@chaddylex what do you think about Rose Hockenson mentioned above? If @Bit of hope hasn't submitted, would you be willing to turn in the possible match, given your earlier success with LE on this case?

I thought maybe possible - I did turn her in as a possible match last week for Palm Beach Jane Doe, but I haven't heard back yet. I didn't even get a read receipt that the email was read. I will email the contact for this UID and see if I hear back or if they even update the NamUs profile.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back