FL FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone put that pan on the stove long after the timeframe JG was in FM. This is the biggest clue that just does not make sense to me.

Maybe the scene was so hectic that RH is misremembering the chain of events. When stress levels and adrenaline rise, a persons memory can be affected.

I thought they weren't sure of the exact "moment" the child disappeared? Diana was seen by her mother at around 2am, and was discovered missing at around -- what was it? around 7am? How can they say with any certainty that the phone was stationary in Osceola "moments after" the child disappeared?

Maybe they know more than they're letting out to the public. Or maybe it's just crazy reporting.

Every baby is different. Some babies sleep through the night by 3 months and others 2 years. I don't know any mother that would set an alarm clock. The baby is the alarm. That said some babies wake and feed like clockwork.

I'm definitely not trying to stir anything up, but the very first report definitely was the mom saying that she woke up at 2am to go to the bathroom like she does every night because she is pregnant. Then, the report from Uribe came that it was for a bottle and it has been that ever since. Maybe it was both, but it definitely started as one and moved to the other.

I think the baby looks old enough he would be sleeping through the night - so why a bottle at 2 AM? Maybe mom was sleepwalking or in a daze being so far along pregnate and tired, etc. I have a feeling she turned on the stove and just can't remember doing it. Maybe she is scared of being accused of child neglect or something. This is all very curious.I don't mean to throw her under the bus, just trying to come up with an explanation.

I'm definitely not trying to stir anything up, but the very first report definitely was the mom saying that she woke up at 2am to go to the bathroom like she does every night because she is pregnant. Then, the report from Uribe came that it was for a bottle and it has been that ever since. Maybe it was both, but it definitely started as one and moved to the other.

I remember that.

I also remeber reading in the beginning that JGT left by choice.

"He left like a month ago before this thing happened,” Diana’s stepfather says. “He said, ‘I’m going to move. I don’t have no more job here.”

you can read that here
http://www.fox4now.com/news/diana-alvares-search-continues-family-suspects-they-know-kidnapper

when I learned they got two lawyers I couldn't stop these slight discrepancies from banging around in my head. I remember the bathroom, I also remember hearing in an interview that it was another family member that was using the bathroom @2 & last saw DA..

here is an article supporting RH using the bathroom at 2am
http://www.wtsp.com/mb/news/local/f...ld-alert-issued-for-fort-myers-girl/222404078

though I live in ft Myers & have never heard of the above channel, I'm sure there may be more articles, this is just the only one I have bookmarked in agreement.

here is one supporting the sister using the bathroom @2am & being the last one to see DA.
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/

I feel bad bringing up things that have been throughly gone over before; though I am happy people share my confusion. the "facts" that have changed are very interesting facts to have changed..

Thank you all for your great replies and sleuthing. All these reports did keep changing then, so we don't really know much. Curioser and Curioser.

I think the baby looks old enough he would be sleeping through the night - so why a bottle at 2 AM? Maybe mom was sleepwalking or in a daze being so far along pregnate and tired, etc. I have a feeling she turned on the stove and just can't remember doing it. Maybe she is scared of being accused of child neglect or something. This is all very curious.I don't mean to throw her under the bus, just trying to come up with an explanation.

I think that both things could be true. Baby could still be up at night (and few of mine didn't sleep through the night until older, ugh), and mom doesn't remember turning the stove on. The 2 AM time doesn't work for me in this scenario, I think the oil would have caught fire between 2 and 7. :-/

My son is 3 and gets up a few times a night still.

My son is 3 and gets up a few times a night still.

Hang in there. My 5 year old is still up once a night. No bottles or anything, but she's scared to use the bathroom alone at night. I'm probably half out of my mind as I walk her there, help her with her jammies (because she's still half asleep too), hand her toilet paper, walk her back to bed... Both of us delirious.

Lol I hear that. Mine still wants milk.

Hang in there. My 5 year old is still up once a night. No bottles or anything, but she's scared to use the bathroom alone at night. I'm probably half out of my mind as I walk her there, help her with her jammies (because she's still half asleep too), hand her toilet paper, walk her back to bed... Both of us delirious.

Who, from DA's house (or at least has access to a phone used by someone in DA's house) was talking to JG between midnight and 3 am?

JG's phone puts him too far away from the DA home at 7am to have the stove story work AND him being the perp who was not just kidnapping a child, but also going to set the house afire and kill the whole family.

The stove doesn't lie. Neither does GPS.

Now what?

I could see mom turning on a burner or two and forgetting, but I can't imagine a time in my life where I was so tired, I would accidentally turn on every burner. I also don't think someone intentionally trying to burn down the house and make it look accidental would turn on every burner. For one, it's extra time that someone could be caught. Also, I'm sure there are ways to tell how many burners are on.

Since the stove is electric and DA disappeared at night, looking at electrical usage over that time frame would probably give them a good idea of when the stove was turned on. I'm not sure how accurately it's tracked by their electric company, so maybe that's not possible. If it's accurate at all, they should be able to differentiate between the a/c kicking on vs the stove being turned on vs a light being turned on.

Would fingerprints stay on a stove after the stove was wiped down? It doesn't seem like they would. I wonder whose prints they found on it?

I feel like a broken record here, but even if I throw the stove out the window, something just feels off about this case.

There's something hinky about the stove burners. As mentioned, no way they were on for that long without starting a fire. And for that matter, if someone wanted to start a fire, why didn't they just start the place on fire as they were leaving? They would have still had time to get away before the fire was noticeable.

What if it was known JG was a pedophile, and something happened to Diana completely unrelated to JG, but now he's being thrown under the bus as a convenient scapegoat?

]Who, from DA's house (or at least has access to a phone used by someone in DA's house) was talking to JG between midnight and 3 am?
[/B]
JG's phone puts him too far away from the DA home at 7am to have the stove story work AND him being the perp who was not just kidnapping a child, but also going to set the house afire and kill the whole family.

The stove doesn't lie. Neither does GPS.

Now what?

BBM, I hope that is a question LE already knows the answer to.
The stove is an oddity in this case because what would be the reason to do that unless it was for nefarious purpose. I haven't read Diana's mother sleepwalks either so am guessing that is not a fact in the case yet?

Diana is described as very maternal with her younger siblings. What if it would be expected that she would be up with her siblings in the mornings, supervising them while parents were still asleep? With her absent, what if one of the younger children turned the burner knobs on the stove because they were up and about while parents still slept and big sissy was nowhere around to run herd on them?

IDK, just trying to figure out the stove business.

I know it's hard to fathom but maybe she did leave on her own to meet him and maybe she put the oil on the stove. A groomed child is a confused child.

Maybe the scene was so hectic that RH is misremembering the chain of events. When stress levels and adrenaline rise, a persons memory can be affected.

BBM:
THIS! I have felt since I began following this case that memory recall of events, sequencing, even times given, especially by mom could be impacted by the stress. Cortisol and adrenaline are amazing in their ability to protect and repair the body. Not to mention good ol' pregnancy brain. Here are a couple of things I've read in regards to how memory and stress work as well as studies on pregnancy and memory.

“Given the results from previous studies where stress was experimentally induced, we anticipated that higher cortisol levels during encoding benefit memory while higher cortisol levels during memory recall hinder memory recall,” says Björn Rasch of the University of Zurich. What they found instead was that the level of cortisol itself was not as important as the change in cortisol during memory retrieval. “Our results suggest that persons with stronger basal responses to stress will have more difficulties to recall memories in stressful situations, for example, during exams,” Rasch says.
https://www.cogneurosociety.org/cortisol_memory/

The memory loss is subtle, and usually involves unfamiliar or demanding tasks, Dr. Julie Henry, one of the authors of the study, told CNN on Tuesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/health/memory-stress-link/

There are more studies, but they aren't as large of a sample, nor are they directly respondent to all the situations that may be relative in this case. Being a mother of four, I can say my memory was absolutely impaired. Trying to recall details to fill out paperwork or relate to staff during times of stress was incredibly difficult. Also earlier in the threads someone (sorry don't recall who, haha) mentioned that not all studies are created equal. One has to consider the sources, scope, methods, etc.

Although as all of my instructors and professors darn near tattooed on our foreheads - correlation does not mean causation. However, just like witnesses of a crime, precise memory recall can be tricky for ANYONE and especially if you're a pregnant mom in such a horrible situation as DA's mom is experiencing. :moo:

From here I just don't see any urgency to find her. I'm sorry I am not bashing anyone just stating what I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember that.

I also remeber reading in the beginning that JGT left by choice.

"He left like a month ago before this thing happened,” Diana’s stepfather says. “He said, ‘I’m going to move. I don’t have no more job here.”

you can read that here
http://www.fox4now.com/news/diana-alvares-search-continues-family-suspects-they-know-kidnapper

when I learned they got two lawyers I couldn't stop these slight discrepancies from banging around in my head. I remember the bathroom, I also remember hearing in an interview that it was another family member that was using the bathroom @2 & last saw DA..

here is an article supporting RH using the bathroom at 2am
http://www.wtsp.com/mb/news/local/f...ld-alert-issued-for-fort-myers-girl/222404078

though I live in ft Myers & have never heard of the above channel, I'm sure there may be more articles, this is just the only one I have bookmarked in agreement.

here is one supporting the sister using the bathroom @2am & being the last one to see DA.
http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/

I feel bad bringing up things that have been throughly gone over before; though I am happy people share my confusion. the "facts" that have changed are very interesting facts to have changed..

I'm still trying to figure out the first story as well. The story about Diana walking someone home at 2 am. What happened to that one? :thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong