FL FL - AMBER ALERT: Diana Alvares, 9, Fort Myers, 29 May 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to figure out the first story as well. The story about Diana walking someone home at 2 am. What happened to that one? :thinking:
I never understood that report. I think there was some major information mix up. Possibly reported before checking the facts.

From here I just don't see any urgency to find her. I'm sorry I am not bashing anyone just stating what I feel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There has been a major slow down in MSM regarding Diane. I think the recent tragedies in Orlando are taking some spotlight off of her in news

However IMO I truly believe LE are working very hard trying to find her. At the same time trying to get JG to talk..For now as depressing as it is we just have to wait......

Diana is described as very maternal with her younger siblings. What if it would be expected that she would be up with her siblings in the mornings, supervising them while parents were still asleep? With her absent, what if one of the younger children turned the burner knobs on the stove because they were up and about while parents still slept and big sissy was nowhere around to run herd on them?

IDK, just trying to figure out the stove business.
I was just thinking this because maybe another child turned them on and wasn't sure which burner went what knob and turned them all on and didn't tell the parents afraid of getting in trouble for trying to cook when not allowed and maybe heard parents getting up in the morning and forgot with all the comotion of Diana being gone and is now too afraid to say something.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BBM:
THIS! I have felt since I began following this case that memory recall of events, sequencing, even times given, especially by mom could be impacted by the stress. Cortisol and adrenaline are amazing in their ability to protect and repair the body. Not to mention good ol' pregnancy brain. Here are a couple of things I've read in regards to how memory and stress work as well as studies on pregnancy and memory.

https://www.cogneurosociety.org/cortisol_memory/

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/17/health/memory-stress-link/

There are more studies, but they aren't as large of a sample, nor are they directly respondent to all the situations that may be relative in this case. Being a mother of four, I can say my memory was absolutely impaired. Trying to recall details to fill out paperwork or relate to staff during times of stress was incredibly difficult. Also earlier in the threads someone (sorry don't recall who, haha) mentioned that not all studies are created equal. One has to consider the sources, scope, methods, etc.

Although as all of my instructors and professors darn near tattooed on our foreheads - correlation does not mean causation. However, just like witnesses of a crime, precise memory recall can be tricky for ANYONE and especially if you're a pregnant mom in such a horrible situation as DA's mom is experiencing. :moo:
Pregnancy brain can make you do some dumb and or strange things, it did me anyways! I couldn't imagine being pregnant and having to take care of another baby at same time. I think LE may know more about the timeline then revealing. Hope so anyways! Of course that leaves us all in complete confusion for the time being....

I was just thinking this because maybe another child turned them on and wasn't sure which burner went what knob and turned them all on and didn't tell the parents afraid of getting in trouble for trying to cook when not allowed and maybe heard parents getting up in the morning and forgot with all the comotion of Diana being gone and is now too afraid to say something.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Kids were probably getting very hungry as all of the chaos was going on. Very possible!

I'm still trying to figure out the first story as well. The story about Diana walking someone home at 2 am. What happened to that one? :thinking:

I believe it was reported by abc action news who aside from that one article had absolutely no coverage of the story until that one on Jun 4.

Maybe the scene was so hectic that RH is misremembering the chain of events. When stress levels and adrenaline rise, a persons memory can be affected.

I think this is very likely. As some know, I recently lost my DH. I've got fresh personal experience. He was very sick for a while, see right now I struggled to think how long. I think just short of 3 weeks, but he did well and was improving at times. He was moved to ICU in a bigger hospital early on, we had to travel back and forth every day. It was very stressful, then hopeful, then not. Then we went in and they told us he was dying. That day is mostly a blur but there are things I can remember clearly, but when and what order? I couldn't tell you. Some things I think I remember to be told by family I got it wrong, and visa versa, some things we remember differently.

On a side note. This is one reason I am very glad to have the thread on WS!! It's all documented when I am ready to read it back.

Don't mean to derail the thread, just wanted to mention how my personal experience with stress and trauma has made me re think the details. I know we all have stressors over time that alter your perception of events but you can forget how much, and how convinced you can be that you have it all correct.

As much as I don't want to think it, I don't believe that Diana is with us any longer. But, I want her found and brought home. I wake up every morning hoping that this is the day that Diana will come home.

The family needs her to come home. They need the closure in order to move on. How difficult is this going to be on them as a family with a baby to be born soon while still trying to find their missing child? I can't even begin to imagine how Diana's mother is coping now or how she will cope once her baby is born.

My heart is literally broken for them.

This sick twisted made Diana trust and adore him and then in one swift move destroyed her. He destroyed this beautiful 9 year old child who had nothing but stars in her eyes for him. He betrayed her trust and did unspeakable things to her; of this I am sure.

I want Diana to come home to the family and friends who love her and cherish her. However that comes about, she needs to come home.

HE IS EVIL and deserves all that will come his way.

Sorry for the vent, but I needed to get it out.

MOO

I know it's hard to fathom but maybe she did leave on her own to meet him and maybe she put the oil on the stove. A groomed child is a confused child.

JGs cell phone pings put him in the area between midnight and 3am, after this time, he is no where near the DA home. Even if the groomed child turned all the burners with the pan of oil on top, and left on her own to meet up with him, first, he would have to be there so the stove would have been turned on before 3am and second, the pan would have caught fire long before 7am.

The stove story just does not fit with JG being the perp unless we suspend the laws of science. Unattended pans of oil sitting atop electric burners turned to high will result in burning oil which gives off smoke and soon the oil itself will ignite. This is incontrovertible science.

The stove story is either not true or JG's GPS lies. Hmmmm. I will go out on a limb and say that the stove story is not true. Innocent error in reporting during a very stressful time? Maybe. But then that means that someone in the house turned ALL the burners on high that morning. Who turns all the burners on at one time unless there are 4 pots of food ready to be cooked? No one. And there weren't 4 pots of food ready to be cooked since that might serve to remind someone that they had turned the burners on - ready to prepare breakfast when all hell broke loose with the discovery of the missing child .

I find the stove story very, very, very odd. "He stole our child and tried to burn the house down with all of us asleep in it too" isn't flying with me because science and GPS prove the story to be impossible.

I have been wondering if maybe someone DID see her walking around 2:00 am....walking out to meet her abductor or walking WITH her abductor. Mom says she checked on her at 2:00, but I know how I am with time. I could say, "about 2 am" and mean 1:45 am or a little after 2. I have a daughter that likes to wake me up in the middle of the night. I can walk her to her room, tuck her back in and be out within just a few more minutes. Mom's timeframe could be a little off or maybe the witnesses. Maybe LE quickly silenced, or chose not to elaborate on, any report of anyone seeing her at 2 am to prevent any guilty party from getting the feeling he was suspected. JMO, but the walking around 2 am has been in the back of my mind as well and if the phone wasn't reported to be in that area around that time, I would probably have chalked it up to someone just being mistaken.

JGs cell phone pings put him in the area between midnight and 3am, after this time, he is no where near the DA home. Even if the groomed child turned all the burners with the pan of oil on top, and left on her own to meet up with him, first, he would have to be there so the stove would have been turned on before 3am and second, the pan would have caught fire long before 7am.

The stove story just does not fit with JG being the perp unless we suspend the laws of science. Unattended pans of oil sitting atop electric burners turned to high will result in burning oil which gives off smoke and soon the oil itself will ignite. This is incontrovertible science.

The stove story is either not true or JG's GPS lies. Hmmmm. I will go out on a limb and say that the stove story is not true. Innocent error in reporting during a very stressful time? Maybe. But then that means that someone in the house turned ALL the burners on high that morning. Who turns all the burners on at one time unless there are 4 pots of food ready to be cooked? No one. And there weren't 4 pots of food ready to be cooked since that might serve to remind someone that they had turned the burners on - ready to prepare breakfast when all hell broke loose with the discovery of the missing child .

I find the stove story very, very, very odd. "He stole our child and tried to burn the house down with all of us asleep in it too" isn't flying with me because science and GPS prove the story to be impossible.

BBM - I agree that she could have chosen to leave with Jorge, after months of grooming and who knows what else. I don't like to see the terminology "left on her own" (no offense to you at all), just because she's so young. She is not old enough to make those kind of decisions and would probably not do so without the influence of someone else.

The burners....I recall reading upthread (maybe a thread ago) that the burners were actually on low. I do not recall if this was an actual article or someone speculating. Does anyone else remember that? If they were actually on low, it would make more sense.

There is a nagging question lingering for me about how they determined the "age" of the person in the photo. I've been wanting to bring it up, but I don't want to look oblivious. I am a mom and a nurse. Obviously, I know there are differences both physically and hygienically. I feel silly, and somewhat ashamed, for even bringing it up.

Thank you TeaTime. If the stove was never part of the investigation so much more would make sense. If Diana turned it on he was already long gone. It could not have been turned on at 3am. And if she did turn it on he is not the person we should be looking at! She would have still been in the house well after 3am. As for the little ones turning it on I would seriously debate that. I have never had a kid turn on all burners because they were hungry and I was asleep. Never in 20 years of parenting. It sounded like the burners were on the back of the stove not in the front...very unlikely little ones would reach them without a stool. No stool mentioned.

Yes, stress causes one to not remember things as they were, I get that. So are we to throw the whole stove thing out? The family are the ones who mentioned it....it wasn't a LE observation. Some have said that maybe the mom turned on the stove not knowing. Crazy timing considering it is the SAME day her daughter went missing. Haven't seen that one before. (Although I wouldn't rule out anything). JG didn't come back according to GPS so unless he had a contact who would risk going into the house to set a fire he was not involved with the stove issue and neither was DA if they were both long gone. Add to the oddity that from what I have read (and lots lost in translation) that the mom called JG before she called LE that morning. If I woke up and my daughter was missing, besides absent people who lived in the house, I would have called LE first. Why call an ex roommate who has been gone a month (inappropriate relationship or not)? Some one in that house knows more than what they are saying for whatever reason!

BBM - I agree that she could have chosen to leave with Jorge, after months of grooming and who knows what else. I don't like to see the terminology "left on her own" (no offense to you at all), just because she's so young. She is not old enough to make those kind of decisions and would probably not do so without the influence of someone else.

The burners....I recall reading upthread (maybe a thread ago) that the burners were actually on low. I do not recall if this was an actual article or someone speculating. Does anyone else remember that? If they were actually on low, it would make more sense.

There is a nagging question lingering for me about how they determined the "age" of the person in the photo. I've been wanting to bring it up, but I don't want to look oblivious. I am a mom and a nurse. Obviously, I know there are differences both physically and hygienically. I feel silly, and somewhat ashamed, for even bringing it up.
I think she planned to sneak out for a quick visit before anyone awoke. But that didn't happen :(

JMO

Thank you TeaTime. If the stove was never part of the investigation so much more would make sense. If Diana turned it on he was already long gone. It could not have been turned on at 3am. And if she did turn it on he is not the person we should be looking at! She would have still been in the house well after 3am. As for the little ones turning it on I would seriously debate that. I have never had a kid turn on all burners because they were hungry and I was asleep. Never in 20 years of parenting. It sounded like the burners were on the back of the stove not in the front...very unlikely little ones would reach them without a stool. No stool mentioned.

Yes, stress causes one to not remember things as they were, I get that. So are we to throw the whole stove thing out? The family are the ones who mentioned it....it wasn't a LE observation. Some have said that maybe the mom turned on the stove not knowing. Crazy timing considering it is the SAME day her daughter went missing. Haven't seen that one before. (Although I wouldn't rule out anything). JG didn't come back according to GPS so unless he had a contact who would risk going into the house to set a fire he was not involved with the stove issue and neither was DA if they were both long gone. Add to the oddity that from what I have read (and lots lost in translation) that the mom called JG before she called LE that morning. If I woke up and my daughter was missing, besides absent people who lived in the house, I would have called LE first. Why call an ex roommate who has been gone a month (inappropriate relationship or not)? Some one in that house knows more than what they are saying for whatever reason!

Exactly. And Uribe reported that he was struck at how QUIET the house was- no kids up. So, I dont think it was a younger child turning things on. He thought they weren't going to church because they are usually all up, but were not that day. I get that we want to make excuses to make things fit, but the actual words of mom and stepdad are where we are discussing here. Not a translation or a media report. Actual words from the parents. I'm not sure how to ignore the words or dismiss them when they were spoken by a first hand reporter.

Diana's siblings are 6 and 7. Could they even reach the stove knobs?

Mom turning them on and forgetting doesn't work for me either. If it was one, perhaps. But all of them? No.

Great thoughts mpnola. Eye witnesses say....all was quiet, burners were on high...all burners. They likely observed this before they even knew Diana was missing. So stress is likely not an issue in their recall. I take those as facts....facts that do not match up with the timeline of events as they are laid out.

If none of this was reported it would be a very easy case to follow. Picked up by JG, went to Okechobee, went to YHJ then back to Okechobee. Problem is...there is nothing in these other areas to indicate she was ever there.

Who had a phone/text conversation with JG from the home cell phone? We don't know because we do not have the details and LE said they were removed from his phone (from their phone too?) we don't know.

No witnesses to a disturbance at the home, being in a MHP likely someone would have heard something so she left herself without incident. But who did she go with and why?

There's something hinky about the stove burners. As mentioned, no way they were on for that long without starting a fire. And for that matter, if someone wanted to start a fire, why didn't they just start the place on fire as they were leaving? They would have still had time to get away before the fire was noticeable.

What if it was known JG was a pedophile, and something happened to Diana completely unrelated to JG, but now he's being thrown under the bus as a convenient scapegoat?

this :(

Is there any information on the party/celebration the family attended that day? When it ended? Did the party carry over for the adults? Did any of the guests come back to the home? I do not dismiss the original story of Diana walking someone home at 2 am and did not return. The story has evolved, sometimes changing entirely. I question if LE received the entire story from the beginning or did LE learn the story as we did ie., one media interview at the time. At this point, I think that there is much more than a language barrier going on here. It's time to get the accurate story, now!

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

I know people will think I am crazy here and shouldn't because this is a site to test theories and explore ideas but as MzOpinion8d posted....what if he was a scapegoat. Maybe he is not even a pedophile....what if someone else sent him those pics? Now if someone sent them to me I would immediately turn over to LE but that doesn't mean he would. He's not even a legal citizen according to the reason LE picked him up initially....he would definitely not walk into the nearest police station and share. So....someone else called or spoke to him that night? Hmmmmmmm!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3