FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you point out where it says this father didn't have order, stability, and put his children first? I see a man who has a house, a vehicle, a good job, a gf, happy children, and a family who supports him. I see in photos where he does spend time with his children doing fun things because he wants to be there.

Ok then go ahead and let him raise your children if you think he has right priorities, good skills, and good judgment as a parent. Just because I couldn't pull up the correct portion of the rap sheet (I apologize, it's just it's so many pages long) doesn't mean he hasn't used or sold heroin, meth, cocaine, ghb, pot etc... (not to mention domestic violence, leaving the scene of accident involving injury, what else am I forgetting). We'll agree to disagree. But he won't be watching any of mine, nor will any of the other players in this tragic situation. Praying for Haleigh to be found... JMO

:praying:

:parrot:

[QUOTE
OMG! Misty is NOT a child! She is old enough to give birth, quit school if she chooses, drive, and marry if her parents sign for her!! This is a young woman who happens think she is in love (and she may be). In less than a year, she will also be old enough to vote, fight for our country, and marry anyone she so desires. [/QUOTE]

I know 13 year olds that can give birth. This obviously does not mean they aren’t children. Misty is 17 and thus, a child, not an adult.

I just wanted to add that I see a picture of a Daddy, no doubt baiting the hook on his little girl's fishing pole. A lot of people would have told you that my Daddy was a when I was a kid...but I've got a million pictures just like that one of me and my Dad when I was a kid. I'd be willing to bet there's a picture somewhere of Daddy and "Haleigh's first fish." Regardless of what he was and in spite of his shortcomings, my Dad would have given his life for me.
jus sayin'............

Aww, this brings back so many great memories of my dad. The dad that came home every evening after working two jobs and took the time to play catch with me with my little pinkie ball. The dad who always had *something* in his pocket for his little girl, even if it was just a stick of gum.

He died at 91 and after that I found out so many things I had never known - things like he was a pretty big gambler to the extent that we lost our house ,and other things. He was a renegade and sometimes worse. But a better dad I don't think a girl could have. So there's that.

ETA: My mom told me she asked him before he passed if he had ever cheated on her and he said: Of course! hehe.

IMO its just society today. No one is safe NO WHERE! When this case broke - it broke my heart. That area is absolutely beautiful in scenery. Very close knit community, off the beaten path, laid back lifestyle, etc. and then a tragedy like this rears its ugly head. Down here - we have decent, hard working people, raising their kids, but due to economic reasons not living in the "best of neighborhoods". These parents do NOTHING wrong - yet loose their children every day. For example, we had a mass shooting just last night. Someone (hasn't been caught) opened fire with an AK-47 - hit 4 adults and AN 8 YR OLD CHILD - this child was just outside his own home - not even on the sidewalk - in his yard. Last week, had a father with his 3 kids in a mini van rear ended by a drunk driver - killed all of his kids! Constantly I hear about children being shot and killed down here just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I see these mothers on the news - I don't know how they handle it. We have shootings right in our own high schools here. I worry everyday that my DD gets on that school bus.

Now, following this case and seeing just how "evil" society has become doesn't shock or surprise me. It scares me more than anything - what has our civilization come to? Where do we go to get away and keep our families safe?

[QUOTE
OMG! Misty is NOT a child! She is old enough to give birth, quit school if she chooses, drive, and marry if her parents sign for her!! This is a young woman who happens think she is in love (and she may be). In less than a year, she will also be old enough to vote, fight for our country, and marry anyone she so desires.

I know 13 year olds that can give birth. This obviously does not mean they aren’t children. Misty is 17 and thus, a child, not an adult.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious. What exactly happens between now and her next birthday that makes her that much more mature and responsible?

FWIW, the drug charges from almost a decade ago were dropped. We don't know the story behind them. IMO, the amount of and all the kinds of drugs listed are a bit overkill. Almost sounds like it could have been a set up from the get go. There are a few people in Ron's life we know would have wanted to make him look bad. Just sayin.....

Take the drug charges out of the equation and what are you left with? IMO, the accident charge.

If you want to compare socio economic and classes of a family. Good god, look at the A's. They are so uppity they think they are better and more entitled than everyone else. And yet they are a mess and not by any means Saints.

Ok then go ahead and let him raise your children if you think he has right priorities, good skills, and good judgment as a parent. Just because I couldn't pull up the correct portion of the rap sheet (I apologize, it's just it's so many pages long) doesn't mean he hasn't used or sold heroin, meth, cocaine, ghb, pot etc... (not to mention domestic violence, leaving the scene of accident involving injury, what else am I forgetting). We'll agree to disagree. But he won't be watching any of mine, nor will any of the other players in this tragic situation. Praying for Haleigh to be found... JMO

:praying:

:parrot:
IIRC...and not to be a pain...I thought I did see cocaine.

I admire your devotion to your children BTW.

All of Ronald Cumming's trouble with the law would
have been handled by a local court - right? Local.

IMO its just society today. No one is safe NO WHERE! When this case broke - it broke my heart. That area is absolutely beautiful in scenery. Very close knit community, off the beaten path, laid back lifestyle, etc. and then a tragedy like this rears its ugly head. Down here - we have decent, hard working people, raising their kids, but due to economic reasons not living in the "best of neighborhoods". These parents do NOTHING wrong - yet loose their children every day. For example, we had a mass shooting just last night. Someone (hasn't been caught) opened fire with an AK-47 - hit 4 adults and AN 8 YR OLD CHILD - this child was just outside his own home - not even on the sidewalk - in his yard. Last week, had a father with his 3 kids in a mini van rear ended by a drunk driver - killed all of his kids! Constantly I hear about children being shot and killed down here just because they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I see these mothers on the news - I don't know how they handle it. We have shootings right in our own high schools here. I worry everyday that my DD gets on that school bus.

Now, following this case and seeing just how "evil" society has become doesn't shock or surprise me. It scares me more than anything - what has our civilization come to? Where do we go to get away and keep our families safe?
ITA. I often wonder where do we start to affect change...along with how did it ever get so bad.

IIRC...and not to be a pain...I thought I did see cocaine.

I admire your devotion to your children BTW.

The only mention of cocaine I saw was an accusation from bio-mom in court docs relating to his custody petition. I'd take that with an entire shaker of salt considering the context.

Guess we all have are opinions on what constitutes bashing. :)

Maybe bashing wasn't the right word :) Sorry!

I just feel like continually pointing out all the bad choices these people made ad nauseam is pointless and counterproductive and like beating a dead horse. If his daughter is dead, should I not feel compassion for him because he wasn't a pillar of society?

Can you point out where it says this father didn't have order, stability, and put his children first? I see a man who has a house, a vehicle, a good job, a gf, happy children, and a family who supports him. I see in photos where he does spend time with his children doing fun things because he wants to be there.

I agree and I have to say the only thing that bothers me...and they may not even do it around the kids, I don't know, is that fact and amount of cigarettes he and Misty were smoking. I know they are probably smoking more due to stress...but I hate to see lil ones in a house with heavy smokers.

(no bashing - former smoker here....but I smoked under the exhaust fan and I was raised by 2 parents who would take us on trips in the car smoking with the car windows rolled up!!)

That's the big thing that bothers me. I think gf was off doing something or had people over..who knows. I don't think she had anything INTENTIONAL to do with it. I think she would be showing some signs.

FWIW, the drug charges from almost a decade ago were dropped. We don't know the story behind them. IMO, the amount of and all the kinds of drugs listed are a bit overkill. Almost sounds like it could have been a set up from the get go. There are a few people in Ron's life we know would have wanted to make him look bad. Just sayin.....

Take the drug charges out of the equation and what are you left with? IMO, the accident charge.

If you want to compare socio economic and classes of a family. Good god, look at the A's. They are so uppity they think they are better and more entitled than everyone else. And yet they are a mess and not by any means Saints.

I didn't really get the feeling it was a matter of comparing socio economic classes, we all know this could happen to anyone. Does the discussion of how to keep your children as safe as possible not have any merit? I believe that is what most the posts come down to.

I didn't really get the feeling it was a matter of comparing socio economic classes, we all know this could happen to anyone. Does the discussion of how to keep your children as safe as possible not have any merit? I believe that is what most the posts come down to.
I agree...I see good intentions behind the lot of them.

Is this a repeat? I know Windy spoke of this guy on tele and you all were posting about this a few threads ago..it says it's top news on foxorlando

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/021309predator_missing

reynolds_20090213173332225_320_240.JPG

Chad Reynolds

Search on for missing
sexual predator

Last Edited: Friday, 13 Feb 2009, 5:36 PM EST
Created On: Friday, 13 Feb 2009, 5:35 PM EST- The Marion County Sheriffs office is asking for he publics help in finding a missing man who happens to be a registered sexual predator.
Authorities said Chad Reynolds, 25, was last seen on February 1 in the Ocklawaha area. He reportedly borrowed a vehicle from a friend then called later to say he had broken down near a Wal-Mart in the Villages near the Marion/Lake County line. The vehicle was later found south of Marion County.

Yes we discussed it for the better part of yesterday :)

I know 13 year olds that can give birth. This obviously does not mean they aren’t children. Misty is 17 and thus, a child, not an adult.

I'm curious. What exactly happens between now and her next birthday that makes her that much more mature and responsible?[/QUOTE]

Well, on her next birthday, she'll no longer be a child, she'll be an adult.

I agree and I have to say the only thing that bothers me...and they may not even do it around the kids, I don't know, is that fact and amount of cigarettes he and Misty were smoking. I know they are probably smoking more due to stress...but I hate to see lil ones in a house with heavy smokers.

The smoking bothered me too. Anyone who smokes in the house when children are present should be charged with abuse.

I'm curious. What exactly happens between now and her next birthday that makes her that much more mature and responsible?

Well, on her next birthday, she'll no longer be a child, she'll be an adult.[/QUOTE]

only according to the law, in which case, she may already be just that.

I just got through reading pages and pages regarding what I posted on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4