FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right! I mean, I've been trying to think about it, and I know everybody acts differently in crisis ... but gosh, how could you just be inside the home, swearing about and to 911 operator, and not running frantically around outside/inside .. to the neighbors .. ???

Maybe they didn't run to the neighbors for a few reasons. One being he said she just wouldnt wander off by herself and Ronald said she couldn't reach the dead bolt, another being it's after 3 AM and maybe they didn't really know any of the neighbors and you might be afraid of being shot, doesn't looke like many street lights in the area...it's not like a trailer park where one house is right next to another, this, to me, is more like a rural community where the trailers sit on acres.

If someone came running and screaming up to my house at that time in the morning they would be met by me and my gun.

This g/f woke up to a cold house. Something woke her up but I don't think it was because she wanted a drink or had to go to the bathroom. She doesn't really know what woke her up, but I think it was noise, like a car starting or a car door banging. Or just the sudden cold in the house. So there she is jolted out of a deep sleep. Stumbling around and sees a light on, she knew she turned off and then a door open. I guarantee you if she realized boyfriend wasn't home, she was scared to death. She's a kid remember. So does she shut the door? IDK Then when she works up her nerve does she go look for the kids? IDK I know I would have froze in my tracks if I saw a door open in the middle of the night. She had to know something was open, it was cold in there.
I think Haleigh did the same thing except she was grabbed. Thats if the abduction is real. now the cow thing:MOO

Well if the story of her sitting on the step is true....she could not have been too scared. She was outside and where was Jr. at this time....still sleeping? If someone had just taken 1 kid wouldn't you make sure you were holding the other one? moo moo lol

It's possible Misty's sleeping pattern has been effected by Ron's working hours. He probably wakes her up when he gets home, so after time she might be automatically waking up about 3am.
Lanie

The men I know, whatever time they get home from work, she gets up and fixes his supper. Even at 3am he's gonna want some attention. One reason I'm not married, I'm lazy.

If Dad works nights, who took care of the children before Misty?

-sorry if this was asked and answered, I am a bit lost in here.

Very good question! I haven't seen this discussed. Could there be a prior GF with a grudge?

I did Darling but lost it anyway. Oh well, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Okay I just remembered one more thing about my fence sitting theory:

On Misty and Ron's interview televised, as she's speaking with her eyes closed, head down, no tears but sounds like she's crying, but no tears in this interview, she's standing outside. Reporter is asking her questions.

She answers the question about getting up, finding Haleigh missing and says, "that's all she knows". I know for a fact many many cases like this and other criminal ones the perps answer questions with their final response being quick and to the point, "And that's all I know" in trying to divert the questioner from asking anymore questions or to give up anymore information.

Why, tell me, would she answer this or any question no matter how many this early on in that manner? Why? Keep saying this over and over in your mind and you'll get where I'm coming from and trying to say here.

"And that's all I know" that's so wrong and inappropriate response to end with. We know for a fact that no matter what is being discussed, that isn't naturally all she knows. Heck, she knows what they had for supper, when and if the kids had a bath, what shows they watched on tv that night, what she and the kids did during the evening while father was gone at work. Come on, she knows much, more and alot.

Liars end sentences when being questioned often with this type of response prematurely without thinking before they speak because their trying to get the questioner/interviewer off their backs so to speak. To leave them alone. I think professionals who have made this type of language speak as a science has determined as such when people end sentences this way. Wish I knew where to go find this info and look and post it, but I don't.

It's just too premature for her to be stating that at that particular time and really a wrong answer. I could see her saying something like, "it's all I remember, it's all I can remember". But she added that at the end of the sentence, and it wasn't necessary thus sending out a red flag to me.

I can recall using that phrase in situations when I know for certain I was not lying. I don't know why. It just seemed to flow naturally like the way some people use filler words like "um" , "ya know", "like", and "ya know what I'm sayin'". I don't know if it's relevant, but I also stutter and am very uncomfortable in face to face interactions. I'm guessing it was just a way for her to deal with a stressful interview, not necessarily lying.

Have we heard anything from the neighbors?
Yes. They did interview one woman who allowed them to search her house.

On First Coast live webcast there was a man that got my attention. He said he and his wife had a vacation home there and drove in Tuesday. He was standing beside his pontoon boat and offering it to LE via the media. The thing that really made me interested in him was the story he told about his wife's sister going missing with her friend when they were 9 years old back in 1969 plus it is still unsolved with no bodies and this was the reason he wanted to help find Haleigh.

This has bothered me so much since I heard him say it. It made me instantly wonder how old he was in 1969. Where was he the night before when Haleigh went missing? He had the boat in the water already docked. When did he put his boat in? Where is his vacay home from their trailer?

Anyone willing to write to First Coast and ask this man's name so we can check him out? I looked for the story on his wife's missing sister, but couldn't find anything. The county he mentioned started with a P, but I don't recall where he said it took place for certain. It was in Florida tho.

To be as objective as I can be...I don't like it on two fronts:

1) It means Haleigh is 'discovered' missing at at time when Ronald is nearby. I understand his arrival time is fitting w/ someone looking up the drive-time and a 3AM departure from his workplace, but, I haven't seen any sourced information on his exact work schedule or his departure from work that night. Sooo...until I see mo' betta info on this I am reading that Ronald was nearby when Haleigh is 'discovered' missing. And, yes, I realize Haleigh could've legitimately been gone for hours and Misty spontaneously discovered her gone when Ronald was due to pull in from work...her habit to get up when he gets home? They're young...maybe so. But, as we have it right now the 'discovery' was made when Ronald was in the area.

2) It means Haleigh is 'discovered' missing at the absolute, very, couldn't-be-any-later, have-avoided-it-as-long-as-possible moment from Misty's perspective. IOW...Ronald pulled in and might find Haleigh's not there himself...if Misty doesn't come clean at that moment. If it was Misty's custom to be asleep when Ronald arrived from work, and she had any involvement...then...it would have been simpler for Misty to 'pretend' she was asleep and simply let Ronald come in and make the 'discovery'. However, if it was Misty's custom to meet & greet Ronald...well...she would have had no choice but to come clean @ that moment if she was involved.

We don't know if Misty was typically up when Ronald arrived from work do we?

We don't know if Misty has a key to the place do we? One would assume she does, but, we don't really know do we?

In at least one interview Misty used past tense to refer to Haleigh...IIRC, "I LOVED her like she was mine" or something similar. Anyone else paying attention to the tense being used by Ronald and Misty when they talk about Haleigh...notice any other instances of past tense being used by either one of them? One instance...maybe nothing...maybe...:waitasec:

Thanks again BJb. Heart to you. others will comment. Thanks.

2) It means Haleigh is 'discovered' missing at the absolute, very, couldn't-be-any-later, have-avoided-it-as-long-as-possible moment from Misty's perspective. IOW...Ronald pulled in and might find Haleigh's not there himself...if Misty doesn't come clean at that moment. If it was Misty's custom to be asleep when Ronald arrived from work, and she had any involvement...then...it would have been simpler for Misty to 'pretend' she was asleep and simply let Ronald come in and make the 'discovery'. However, if it was Misty's custom to meet & greet Ronald...well...she would have had no choice but to come clean @ that moment if she was involved.

We don't know if Misty was typically up when Ronald arrived from work do we?

According to Ronald, he knew something was wrong when he got home because Misty was up and everyone is usually sleeping when he gets home.

I also agree, Misty would have been better off to pretend she was sleeping and let dad discover Haleigh missing, better for her if she is involved somehow and even better for both of them if they are both involved...why the convoluted story about the beds and the door and all that? Why not just say dad got home, front door was partially open, he ran to check on kids and GF and found Haleigh gone? Why the big deal about the beds, the backdoor, the cinderblock and all that?

This is what I am thinking...Misty often slips out at night to visit brother or friends while dad is at work. She goes out the backdoor...someone knows this, they have seen her do it before. So on that night, Misty puts the kids to bed at 8pm, she checks on them at 10pm and they are sound asleep, so she goes out the backdoor, leaving the kitchen light on. For some reason she props the screen door open with a cinderblock. She goes to another home nearby, loses track of time and sees dad's headlights coming up the road. She panics knowing he will be mad she is out, she runs back home, goes in the backdoor, dad is pulling up, she doesn't have time to turn off kitchen light, besides dad probably saw it was on, she goes to the bedroom and discovers Haleigh gone, now she is really panicked and she can't pretend she is asleep so she comes up with the bathroom story and meets Ron at the door.

That's true too. ... and IF I thought somebody came in and took my child, I'd be a lockin the bedroom door .. to make sure my son wasn't touched!

Dah, I would be scared to death that someone was after me too! I'd take baby and run for help to closest house and be frantic calling 911 and everyone I knew! Nothing adds up, just nothing...........IMO

In some interview the Dad said they were usually asleep when he got home.

I think this girl smokes a joint out back where no one can see her and forgot to lock the door. I think dad would be angry at her for smoking when she's suppose to be taking care of the kids, so she does it outside.

This g/f woke up to a cold house. Something woke her up but I don't think it was because she wanted a drink or had to go to the bathroom. She doesn't really know what woke her up, but I think it was noise, like a car starting or a car door banging. Or just the sudden cold in the house. So there she is jolted out of a deep sleep. Stumbling around and sees a light on, she knew she turned off and then a door open. I guarantee you if she realized boyfriend wasn't home, she was scared to death. She's a kid remember. So does she shut the door? IDK Then when she works up her nerve does she go look for the kids? IDK I know I would have froze in my tracks if I saw a door open in the middle of the night. She had to know something was open, it was cold in there.
I think Haleigh did the same thing except she was grabbed. Thats if the abduction is real. now the cow thing:MOO

You betcha, I have had nightmares like that and can't move in them either.

Maybe they didn't run to the neighbors for a few reasons. One being he said she just wouldnt wander off by herself and Ronald said she couldn't reach the dead bolt, another being it's after 3 AM and maybe they didn't really know any of the neighbors and you might be afraid of being shot, doesn't looke like many street lights in the area...it's not like a trailer park where one house is right next to another, this, to me, is more like a rural community where the trailers sit on acres.

If someone came running and screaming up to my house at that time in the morning they would be met by me and my gun.

But aren't you still going to be hollering for your child. You are not going to worry about waking your neighbors or anything else. You are going to be looking for your kid. You can't know immediately that someone took them...you are still going to look, even if you think someone took them...you would think they might still be close. KWIM? Your mind is going to be frantic...you would be trying everything...anything.

Amen! Walking, crying, wringing my hands, pacing, praying, begging...whatever. But not just sitting.

Looking under the mobile home, out back, down the road, neighbors, EVERYWHERE! Gosh, just thinking about it gets me mad!

Time ... precious time ... it COULD have made a difference.

She also said she woke up at 3am and Haleigh was missing. that the Dad got their 5 minutes after she discovered Haleigh was missing. he is on ethe 911 call, and said They called as soon as He walked in. Hmm so did he get there at 3:05am or 3:27am?
I believe Le stated in the police report that Dad was sitting on the step when they got there. Uh why wasn't he searching for his kid?

Misty's interview standing next to the Dad is like da ja vu of Susan Smith. Also Dad had a problem in the begining with closing his eyes during interviews.

I still think they are both invovled.

Please disregard if already addressed, hard to keep up: IIRC the police report says that Ron was in the driveway, Not sitting on the porch fwiw.

...sitting on the step?

...which means she was calling him as she watched him drive up.

Going to confession late & early @ the same time.

I wonder if she had closed the open back door. If she hadn't, that would mean she's out on the front step, the back door is open and the little boy is vulnerable in the house. Hmmm. If she did leave it open "to show Ron" that would make me very suspicious that she wasn't really frightened of an intruder. I wish we knew whether the door was open or closed when he got home from work.

I thought I read in the police report that Misty indicated she was up no more than a few minutes (i.e. 5 mins) before Ronald arrived. I know she's given different accounts...as early as 3AM, but, ITA...I wake up and can't find a child...find a light on and a door open...

THE 4 Y.O. IS GONNA BE UP
THE NEIGHBORS ARE GONNA BE UP
MY adrenaline is gonna be surging and you couldn't MAKE me sit down if you wanted to...

So going with this.... Misti is relatively calm during the call, not hysterical or searching while talking to the police. Dad flips out, mostly angry, but many people men especially are most comfortable with anger so that is not surprising, at least it is a raw emotion. Even the 911 operator tells Misti to calm him down before the officers get there. But Misti who supposedly is at best 5 minutes ahead of him processing this info is relatively calm. How long do you think H was gone and how long has Misti known? Was she just watching the clock tick putting off the notification of dad as long as she could?

According to Ronald, he knew something was wrong he got home because Misty was up and everyone is usually sleeping when he gets home.

I also agree, Misty would have been better off to pretend she was sleeping and let dad discover Haleigh missing, better for her if she is involved somehow and even better for both of them if they are both involved...why the convoluted story about the beds and the door and all that? Why not just say dad got home, front door was partially open, he ran to check on kids and GF and found Haleigh gone? Why the big deal about the beds, the backdoor, the cinderblock and all that?

This is what I am thinking...Misty often slips out at night to visit brother or friends while dad is at work. She goes out the backdoor...someone knows this, they have seen her do it before. So on that night, Misty puts the kids to bed at 8pm, she checks on them at 10pm and they are sound asleep, so she goes out the backdoor, leaving the kitchen light on. For some reason she props the screen door open with a cinderblock. She goes to another home nearby, loses track of time and sees dad's headlights coming up the road. She panics knowing he will be mad she is out, she runs back home, goes in the backdoor, dad is pulling up, she doesn't have time to turn off kitchen light, besides dad probably saw it was on, she goes to the bedroom and discovers Haleigh gone, now she is really panicked and she can't pretend she is asleep so she comes up with the bathroom story and meets Ron at the door.

I would like to know what she was wearing, did she look like she was out having fun? or did she look like someone that just got out of bed? Would you take time to get dressed? Was her bed used? There are so many questions and no answers yet. But GF ( dad?) holds the whole key IMO

I agree! As I said earlier, if I had woken to find door opened, I would have froze, thinking intruder might still be in house or close by outside ... and went back into bedroom to call 911 'quietly'.

If Dad works nights, who took care of the children before Misty?

-sorry if this was asked and answered, I am a bit lost in here.

The custody papers indicate mom and aunt were helping at least that point in time. I would guess there have probably been a few girlfriends in the years he has been apart from Crystal. Some combination of mom, aunt, gf's. Not sure how long he has had this job or this shift either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member