FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still find Misty's account of washing the blanket as odd.
I understand if she washed Haleigh's blanket because it smelled like pee. I understand her placing a sheet over her until her blanket was washed and dried..(although I would really like to know what kind of blanket it was to know if it could have been washed and dried in that amount of time), however, I do not understand at all why she took a blanket off the window, and what that had to do with anything. The blanket was apparently already on the window, so neither of them needed that one, Misty said she was cleaning so she didn't need a blanket to cover up with..so why take the blanket off the window at all?

This is one of the things that sends up a red flag. I certainly don't want to think that anyone in the house had anything to do with this.
In my mind, she's building a story...without the blanket on the window, someone could see in. Are there mini blinds on the bedroom window?

another thing I would like to know is have there been any reports of anybody in these 2 families being out there physically looking for the child? all I have seen is them standing around, or casually walking down the street, or sitting in lawn chairs. kinda like it is someone's job to go out there and find this child. the bio mom says she "knows* the child is still alive and out there, so why is no one looking? (if in fact they are not)

The whole blanket/van/window thing was veeeeery confusing. I'm going to go back and see if I can find where she talks about the blanket.

If you find it, can you post her entire quote? Forgot about the blanket on the window...:confused:

ETA: My DSL has been SO slow lately and I can't watch the interview. Can someone please re-post what Misty said? TIA!

Wasn't it just mentioned that they don't have a van?

sorry, i didn't see that. do you know who mentioned it? i'm just saying that i don't think she was talking about a police van because all this happened before the police were involved and she said she took down the other blanket because hers was in the van.

Biscuit lady is Misty's mother.
Happy baker too. :woohoo: Why was Misty's blanket in anyone's van? This doesn't make sense. Had she been driving around at night with the kids while Ron was at work and she would put them to sleep in the van while she did her thing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTl4PUY6o_E

Here's the interview where she talks about the blanket. It sounds to me the van took the blanket before Haleigh went missing. So I'm thinking it was in her sister's van not taken by LE. But I could be wrong
Thanks for the link!! I couldn't even get through it. Something is wrong here. BAD feeling from MC. She reminds me of a little Lolita. I dont trust her....JMO

another thing I would like to know is have there been any reports of anybody in these 2 families being out there physically looking for the child? all I have seen is them standing around, or casually walking down the street, or sitting in lawn chairs. kinda like it is someone's job to go out there and find this child. the bio mom says she "knows* the child is still alive and out there, so why is no one looking? (if in fact they are not)

I think it's SOP to keep families out of the search. They could tamper with the evidence....KWIM?

I was curious about the blanket on the window, too. She did say she left her blanket in the van. Did she take it down to wash it because it was dirty and she needed another one to cover Rj? Did she wash it together with Haleigh's blanket?

Ugh. As I type this it hit me that it doesn't make any sense at all. It sounds like a "story" she told to LE as to why the blankets were so clean or damp perhaps when they came after Haleigh went missing. Maybe they noticed where the other blanket had been hanging in the window (nails, brads, something there?) and she had to come up with such a story.

If the blankets had no scent at all of Haleigh on them it would also explain why they took it outside to try to get a clear "mark" for the dogs. It could mean that Haleigh was gone long before 3:00 am and she washed evidence. (sigh)

Hi SS,

BIG sigh!

In the timeline thread, there was something about a repairman coming to fix the A/C or heater. Does anyone have any information on this repairman? Has he been cleared by LE?

If a repairman fixed the heater, it could explain Misty taking the blanket down. Even if he didn't fix it, it's warm now so you don't need a blanket over the window anyway. :twocents:

IIRC, Misty had said in that interview Haleigh had wet the blanket that night or was it from the night before? :confused:

I can't remember, I htink she said the night before.
She did, though, make a big deal about taking it off of the window.
I suppose dad came home, needed sleep, and they put it on the window to block out the sunlight.

I still find Misty's account of washing the blanket as odd.
I understand if she washed Haleigh's blanket because it smelled like pee. I understand her placing a sheet over her until her blanket was washed and dried..(although I would really like to know what kind of blanket it was to know if it could have been washed and dried in that amount of time), however, I do not understand at all why she took a blanket off the window, and what that had to do with anything. The blanket was apparently already on the window, so neither of them needed that one, Misty said she was cleaning so she didn't need a blanket to cover up with..so why take the blanket off the window at all?
If I'm understanding your confusion correctly, perhaps it could be explained by Misty using "blanket" and "sheet" interchangeably. So, the "sheet" she put over Hayleigh was also the "blanket" she took off the window.

Thanks, Ceeker and Kat!

Uh oh. I see another red flag there. (I guess I missed this interview before?)

Going into the "mom" thing was TMI. Too much explanation to bolster herself and she instantly talks about how they love her...not how much she loves them.

I read in a previous thread that the police won't allow family members to participate in the search in case they find something and tamper with evidence. I thought the same thing too! Just like the A's but it is police policy. Don't have a link but it was stated in one of the 18 threads!

I'm not really paying attention to the blanket yet, sorry. I did notice that she's making direct eye contact with the reporter while relating the story about the blanket, she speaks clearly as if she really is remembering accurate details.

Then...she starts looking down, looks up, squinches her eyes when she starts recollecting about getting up finding the kitchen light on, "about 3 am" seeing the door wide open, going into the bedroom and finding Haleigh gone.

Sounds to me, like she reentered the home, then found the light on and back door wide open then proceeded to the bedroom where the children were and found Haleigh missing.

What do you think?

something that has been going through my mind is how hard is it for a guilty person to beat a polygraph and have there been any recent cases where someone was found guilty even though they had passed a polygraph? thanks.

I respectfully disagree with it's hard for someone to beat a polygraph. I have read a lot about them and think they are total bunk. There is a reason they are not admissable in court.

Upon re-hearing the blanket interview, she seemed to volunteer that up early and with an inordinate amount of detail. No one really asked about it and it wasn't yet a factor. It's odd, if nothing else.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoId=12940@wfts.dayport.com&navCatId=3&rss=823

This is the video where she talks about the blanket. She goes from crying, to talking straight while detailing the blanket..

Thanks!

When people start inserting irrelevant information, it usually means they are hiding something, right? Why does she feel the need to go into so much detail on the blankets, but does not mention in any detail the events prior to bedtime?

Perhaps there is another reason the blanket was washed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam