FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misty said she was in the same room with Haleigh but not in the same bed. She says she got up to use bathroom, didn't make it to the bathroom as she noticed the light on in kitchen and found the door open, and Haleigh gone.

She says the back door is always locked, and Ronald agreed. He says there's two locks........one in the doorknob and a dead-bolt that's difficult to work.

So would it be safe to assume that whoever opened that back door knew how to work the lock?

When was the A/C guy there? and WHY is this coming out now???

Schools believe if you miss more than 9 days a semester it is a crime. Ridiculous! They also have rules you cannot send a child to school unless they have been without a fever for 24 hours! With strep throat, the flu, and other illnesses...those 9 days can go quickly.

I don't put much stock into her missing school at that age and with Turner's...she may be more fragile than other children in taking childhood illnesses.

My thought is...we simply cannot trust what the bio mom says in this case as far as the living conditions with Hayleigh. She has a huge chip on her shoulder with an even larger axe to grind.

I am not a fan of the government running my life or telling me what to do other than not to harm other people while living my life so I agree in principle. But the flip side of this coin is when some loser parent kills or neglects their child to death and the student had absences that no one followed up on everyone goes crazy and says the system failed the child. Once that blame has blame has been cast a few times then the system has to define what is acceptable absence and when the defined time to report and do a home visit is. Legislating life to the lowest common denominator, not my first choice but what is the alternative?

WOW, Greta is trying to nail the gf & doing a good job. BF looks worried about gf answers. Notice the sniffing in the girl..............

He was prompting her some too.

Do you think she actually harmed her (intentionally or not) and then hid the body? Or do you think she is lying about the who/what/when/and where that led up to her not knowing Haleigh was gone until moments before dad pulled in?

I think she is lying, but I am not sure most 17 year olds would either stick around after dumping the body (that they still haven't found) and/or hold up to LE/FBI/press attention, without an attorney no less. That makes me think she is lying about something inconsequential at this level. Like being an idiot and leaving the kids in the house alone, maybe with the door propped open so she could "hear if one of them needed her". In strolls your SO, or out strolls your concerned Haleigh into a SO who lives 500 feet away.

Keep in mind the SO who lives next door went to jail in 1995 and got out a year ago. Whatever his lewd act with someone under 16 was must have been pretty serious. Not sure if Florida had the designation for the victim being under 12 at that time, I think it was changed after that.

I think she is lying. I really don't think she herself harmed her, but I think if she was harmed she knew who did! I personally think she had someone else in that house, maybe a boyfriend that daddy didn't know about, and the child woke up and saw them together. At this point, I don't think that she was gone, because the son hasn't told his father that (least, I don't think he has or else I think daddy would have hurt her over it by now)
I think that whatever happened to Haleigh happened because she was the only one to wake up and see someone who was not her daddy in that house.

i wonder what dad said to misty when he covered the mic ???? Did anyone else catch that?

JMO But Misty is wasted!

Her eyes were all red this morning. I imagine lack of sleep and crying and maybe she took a sedative. I would look wasted after the last fews days myself.

OTR, Misty is saying older brothers and 3 (cousins???) came over that night but left at 5pm.
oh no Misty just said Haleigh sleeping about 3 or 4 inches away from her.Then said like 2chairs away.
Misty is a kid, not mature and should never of been babysitting......
I don't mean to sound nasty, but at 17 Misty is not worldy.
Greta asked if she had been drinking and Misty looked at the ground and sid 'no'????
IMO, she should have a babysitter!

It's been a long day:)

Can you tell me where you posted the url to his (Dad) criminal record?

Pulling over from other thread of Eliza's:

10/24/2001 - Assault Complaint
12/12/2002 - POSSESSION OF COCAINE, POSSESSION OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE, POSSESSION OF CANNABIS UNDER 20 GRAMS, POSSESSION OF DRUG WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION, POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA
12/12/2002 - ATTEMPTING TO TAKE DEER BY GUN AND LIGHT AT NIGHT
11/16/2004 - POSSESSION OF CANNABIS IN EXCESS OF 20 GRAMS, POSSESSION OF DRUG PARAPHERNALIA, MAINTAINING A DRUG VEHICLE
11/16/2004 - LEAVING THE SCENE OF ACCIDENT INVOLVING INJURIES
8/1/2006 - TRESPASS
12/19/2006 - LEAVING THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT
4/3/2007 - AFFRAY

Okay, just watched the Greta interview...Misty as I've already stated is wasted....way wasted and she said something about Haleigh being in front of the TV. I'm now totally convinced that Misty was not in the house when Haleigh disappeared. Either she was not in the house or she was wasted. She keeps changing her story as to where Haleigh was because she doesn't freakin' know.

Beds are 4 ft apart.
Thinking someone went out that door during the visit at 5 oclock and unlocked the door. GF probably never checked it since she was use to it being locked.

Thanks red, you're right that must be him (duh). But I STILL think that was very strange response: "IMAGINE THAT..." Just something about the way he said it's always struck me as odd! Guess probably just anger at the idea someone would take his little girl... :(

:parrot:

I took in a creepy sex offender way, that the abductor would want to rape the girl. Gee, Imagine that.

Weird comment either way.

OMG Do you suppose Haleigh was to appear with someone in court or a hearing and vanished instead so they have filed for the March date?

I wonder what time of day this was filed?

Lord help them find her...

Most courts won't have a child that young appear in court. In custody cases, many states allow a minor 13-years-old and older to testify and/or state a preference for which parent they want to live with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288