FL FL - Andrea Parsons, 10, Port Salerno, 11 July 1993 *C. Price guilty*

Discussion in '1990's Missing' started by missacorah, Apr 24, 2007.

1. missacorah

missacorah New Member

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: May 12, 1983
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 10 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11; 80 lbs
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes. She may have blonde hair.
    • Marks, Scars: Pierced ears.
    • Clothing: Blue jean shorts, dark shirt, clear plastic sandals.
    • Dentals: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Parsons was last seen at 6:00 p.m. near Commerce and Seward Avenues in Port Salerno, Florida. Her mother's boyfriend gave her permission to walk to a friend's residence on Flounder Avenue. Two witnesses observed Parsons walking towards the Port Salerno Grocery Store on Salerno Road shortly afterwards. An employee at the store told authorities that Parsons purchased potato chips and candy, then departed the business. She may have been collecting empty soda cans near Commerce Avenue and Seward Avenue at the time of her disappearance. Witnesses describe a man pushing Parsons into a car.
    Investigators identified a former neighbor as a suspect after he first claimed to have witnessed Andrea's abduction and later said she died accidently while helping him collect aluminum cans for recycling. But he never was charged and detectives later focused on a friend who had a history of violence and once claimed he was present when Parsons was killed. That suspect also had a history of drug abuse and his stories changed so many times it became clear that nothing he said would be enough for charges without another witness or physical evidence to back it up. No one has been charged in her disappearance and presumed murder.

2. Loading...

3. Julessleuther

Julessleuther New Member

doenetwork.org

Case #765DFFL

4. meggilyweggily

meggilyweggily New Member

5. Ali.

Ali. Active Member

I live near Port Salerno and every time I drive by the area Andrea was last seen, I think of her. It's been 17 years today. Hoping that someday we'll have answers.

6. Rle7

Rle7 New Member

A Port Salerno girl who disappeared 17 years ago after buying snacks at the neighborhood store near her home will be featured on a special HLN "Nancy Grace" show Tuesday evening.

The disappearance of Andrea Gail Parsons, 10, will be featured 9 p.m. Tuesday on "Nancy Grace: America's Missing," a show spokeswoman said.
    "I don't know how long the segment will be, but I'm just so thrilled to get her face out there," mom Linda Parsons said.

Andrea Gail Parsons was last seen July 11, 1993 leaving Bucky's Port Salerno Grocery, about two blocks from her home on Ebbtide Avenue, with penny candy and chips.

At 6:10 p.m., she waved to people she knew in a car.

That was the last time anyone saw her.

The broadcast is a special hourlong program airing after Grace's popular TV show.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2011/feb...-girl-to-be-topic-on-cnn/?partner=yahoo_feeds

7. LMax

LMax New Member

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Former Member

9. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

10. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa New Member

I just wish this piece of crap would tell LE where Andrea's body is. Her family has certainly suffered enough. The arrest of this guy is a good start, but the family needs to be able to bring Andrea home. JMO

11. Sleuthster

Sleuthster Well-Known Member

It's not even the same guy (neighbor) that was a suspect and had confessed and then recanted. Wonder if this guy lived in her neighborhood too.

12. Marilynilpa

Marilynilpa New Member

I'm not sure. The article mentions that this guy has been a person of interest all along, but there is no mention of why he was on their radar.

13. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-20-year-old-murder-kidnapping-girl-10.html

PUBLISHED:00:31 EST, 30 November 2012| UPDATED: 00:31 EST, 30 November 2012

(Note: Please keep in mind that this link is to the Daily Mail).

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/3...nce-10-year-old-florida-girl/?test=latestnews

Published November 30, 2012

14. trigger

trigger Active Member

Thursday, Martin County Sheriff's Department officials arrested Chester Duane Price, 42, who recently lived in Haleyville, Ala., and charged him with first-degree murder and kidnapping of a child under the age of 13, after he was indicted by a grand jury.

Price was acquainted with Andrea at the time of her disappearance, and also knew another man police once eyed as a potential suspect, officials told ABC News affiliate WPBF in West Palm Beach, Fla.

Price was being held at the Martin County Jail without bond and was scheduled to make his first court appearance via video link at 10:30 a.m. Friday morning.

http://www.770kkob.com/abc_news/art...ail_Parsons/3627E9513AA511E2919EFEFDADE6840A/

15. Beyond Belief

Beyond Belief New Member

Finally an arrest! I am so happy.

16. suejay40

suejay40 New Member

This is local to me. I never thought we would see the day when they finally arrested someone. I am so happy for Andrea's family. Just hope they have enough on him to get him to give up her body.

17. JoeFromLB

JoeFromLB Active Member

18. Sleuthster

Sleuthster Well-Known Member

He was the original suspect I believe, the one who said she died collecting cans with him and he put her in a dumpster :furious:, then he recinded this story. Glad LE was on the right track with him, maybe it detered another crime.

19. Indy Anna

Indy Anna Well-Known Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...-kidnap-murder-of-andrea-parsons-fla-girl-10/

Possibly a 2nd arrest in the works. So happy there will be justice for Andrea and her family...finally!

20. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

21. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

Davis has nothing to lose as he can't be charged. He really has nothing to gain either, unless he's a suspect or POI in a seperate case. I wonder if Price will try to bargain with the prosecutors since he knows Davis really has nothing to offer them.

Glad to see an arrest. Praying for justice and for Andrea's remains to be found.