Found Deceased FL - Angelina Marie Failla, 26, bf said "she simply walked out", Port Richey, 07 Aug 2021

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Sleuthster, Aug 18, 2021.

1. LisaCougar

LisaCougar Well-Known Member

Thank you for taking part in the first search for her. If it is her I wonder what led them to search this area.

2. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I’m not finding much info in MSM for her…

3. JurassicParker

JurassicParker WS Newb

So does them taking down the FB page for her mean maybe she has been located? Jeez. I thought I had a good idea about how many people go missing but since joining this site a week ago, I've come to realize I had not even the slightest clue. It's depressing.

4. Sleuthster

Sleuthster Verified - friend of Wendy Huggy

It sounds like the owners contacted LE. The house is a group home for disabled adults from what I understand. They are not suspected. Yard is over grown it's reported and they had to dig up a tree to get to the area.

5. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

bf looks A LOT older than her. and its a recent relationship.

6. cvaldez1975

someone was pretty mad at her 25-30 weeks ago.

7. cvaldez1975

8. LisaCougar

LisaCougar Well-Known Member

9. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Prayers going up for Angelina, and special ones to Our Lady for her mom.

10. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Forum Coordinator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

My thoughts and prayers go out to Angelina's mom, children, and all who love her.
    Rest in peace, Angelina.

11. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

I find the stories sad, but the efforts to work together to follow individual situations and to work for overall change encouraging.

The community is terrific at WS, I clicked on this one because @Sleuthster is always accurate & insightful, and some of my favorite fellow posters arrived as well.

"The system" failed Ms. Failla, sad indeed. We can see, and build, a better world....

jmho ymmv lrr

MoeInVA, Flicka1, StarEyes and 6 others like this.
  12. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

From the link
    **Update (Sept. 30): The remains were identified as Angelina Failla, a missing individual from Port Richey. The investigation into the death is ongoing, but preliminary information suggests that there is no evidence of foul play.**

PSO deputies responded to a report of decomposed human remains in the Richwood Ln. area of Port Richey at approximately 8 p.m. last night.
    —-snipped

No foul play?

13. JurassicParker

JurassicParker WS Newb

The findings are what they are.

JMO: This is foul play. I would like to know why they think or know this was anything but.
    I hope that even though these are the findings, someone continues to investigate. I think there is information out there. It takes more time than you can stand but justice is the goal.

RIP Angelina.

Flicka1, Hazelnutty, Unsolved and 4 others like this.
  14. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

I feel the same how can they already conclude no foul play?

15. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

They used to say "no obvious signs of trauma" but I think that language must have been deemed insensitive so now they say things like "preliminary information suggests that there is no evidence of foul play" that may be more delicate but are also less informative.

Ordinarily with that "she just walked out without her wallet, phone or keys" I'd be 90% sure it was the boyfriend but her 2011 (presumably voluntary) disappearance knocked out down to 75% and now the circumstances she was found under knock it down to only about 60% - but still the most likely. He may turn out to have been the person she was with even if he only failed to render aid and mistreated human remains etc.

16. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

At times, evidence of an overdose is not mentioned, just "no foul play."

Pure amateur speculation.

RIP, Ms. Failla, peace and comfort to your loved ones.

jmho ymmv lrr

momsof3, Carmita V, azure and 7 others like this.
  17. Unsolved

Unsolved Well-Known Member

You and me both. I wish they would continue to investigate like you mentioned. Surely LE has looked at the arrest history of a certain someone, haven't they? JMO there's more to this story, but it will probably end up being one of those that you have to swallow the findings and move on and trust that any bad players get their just reward in the end. Prayers to her family, especially her Mom who you could tell simply loved her dearly.

momsof3, rkendmar, Flicka1 and 2 others like this.
  18. RIPRM

RIPRM Well-Known Member

What makes you so quick to judge? There are plenty of examples of where this has happened. Women, far more then men, IMO, though some men too.

A few examples:
    Amy Harding-Permann
    Body found in Missouri River ID'd as Amy Harding-Permann

Kelley Brannon
    https://www.wtxl.com/news/local-news/live-oak-police-searching-for-missing-36-year-old-woman

Lynn Rickard
    Search on for missing Dover woman

Kaitlynn Ledbetter
    Sheriff’s Dept. searches for missing person

Kelly Glover
    Utah woman reported missing while on Florida work trip found dead, family says

Carmita V and Flicka1 like this.
  19. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

"l begged for the major crimes unit of Pasco County since they have had her case to execute their search parties," Suzanne Failla said.

The sheriff's office said it did "a thorough and extensive search for Angelina."

"These efforts included K9 searches, business visits (hotels, gas stations, restaurants, churches, hospitals), checking with transportation companies (Pasco Transit, Uber, Lyft, Greyhound, local taxis, etc.), neighborhood searches and interviewing numerous people related to this case," said Amanda Hunter, public information manager for the sheriff's office.

"Additionally, Angelina's information was shared twice on our social media channels and was shared to local media outlets in early September. Efforts to locate Angelina encompassed several units of PSO. She was reported missing on Aug. 10 and these efforts continued until her remains were identified on Sept. 30," Hunter said.
    Families Of Missing Tampa Bay Women Wonder Why Their Cases Receive Less Attention

Flicka1 and Laughing like this.
  20. MissUnderstood

MissUnderstood Well-Known Member

If no foul is suspected, and the article above said she was found in an overgrown area and had to move a tree, maybe she was hanged. Moo

Flicka1 and azure like this.
  21. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

I don't see any mainstream media confirmation of the tree remark, although I didn't even realize the body was found in the back yard of the residence (rather than inside) until I re-read the articles.

One thing that did strike me about the most recently posted article was this comment by law enforcement regarding why Gabby Petito's case was such a worldwide thing and cases like this one barely get press - "From a PIO perspective, we put out all missing persons cases for those who are endangered (due to age, medical concerns, threats to harm themselves, etc.) the same way every time," - now it might just be because I was reading this with a different question in the back of my mind but while this comment sounds nice and positive I think it also may be inverted to explain why cases of known criminals including drug addicts and sex workers are often proportioned fewer resources.

In reality I think that most police simply care less about that class of people, there being the double edged sword that "punisher" cops tend to believe they don't deserve as many resources but also "hero" cops know there's less glory in protecting them. However, being able to say "she wasn't considered endangered" even without really investigating since it's likely that these disappearances are usually accidental and/or any evidence of foul play has been cleaned up.

I digress but although this case isn't as spectacular nor the victim as glamorous as Sheridan Wahl (which I am really surprised is not being covered more than it is) it's another where toxicology would be greatly enlightening - though in this one I fear she may have been too far gone for that.

momsof3, Flicka1 and Laughing like this.