FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #2

Apr 29 2016, 5:51 am ET

Foul Play Possible in Florida Teens' Disappearance at Sea

by Alex Johnson and Kerry Sanders

The families of two Florida teenagers who disappeared off the Florida coast during a fishing trip last year suspect that foul play may have been involved, a suspicion that authorities have taken seriously for several months, court documents and investigative records reveal.

The boys, Perry Cohen and his longtime friend Austin Stephanos, who would both now be 15, remain missing more than nine months after they vanished July 24, 2015, while on a fishing trip. Their marooned fishing boat was discovered off Bermuda last month, with an iPhone and a tackle box on board, the Coast Guard said...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mom-suggests-foul-play-florida-teens-disappearance-sea-n564421

I guess for me, since I personally have a 14 year old I wouldn't be able to ever rest until I had 100% proof. Obviously in a situation like this you would have to accept that based off of common sense and reality. But your heart and mind wouldn't come to agreement (IMO) so honestly the only thing these parents know to do is continue to bring it up and keep it out there as much as possible. When the boat was found it was naturally going to bring attention to this again, especially since the report was just recently released as well. MOO

Pilot may have spotted one of 2 missing teen fishermen days after disappearance

1461943002366.jpg

Bobby Smith, 63, believes he saw either Austin Stephanos or Perry Cohen with hands raised when his Piper Warrior flew over debris east of St. Marys, Ga., on July 26.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/2...-teen-fishermen-days-after-disappearance.html

Oh my. Can you imagine how terrible that must have been? To think you are going to be rescued, and then nobody comes back.

I guess for me, since I personally have a 14 year old I wouldn't be able to ever rest until I had 100% proof. Obviously in a situation like this you would have to accept that based off of common sense and reality. But your heart and mind wouldn't come to agreement (IMO) so honestly the only thing these parents know to do is continue to bring it up and keep it out there as much as possible. When the boat was found it was naturally going to bring attention to this again, especially since the report was just recently released as well. MOO

Where do we draw the line though? Millions of people have died in accidents, and their relatives are not screaming that they are still alive. Why is it that millions of people can accept that their family members are dead but these parents cannot? Why is their behavior considered "okay" when no one else acts like that?

Where do we draw the line though? Millions of people have died in accidents, and their relatives are not screaming that they are still alive. Why is it that millions of people can accept that their family members are dead but these parents cannot? Why is their behavior considered "okay" when no one else acts like that?

I suppose their behavior is "okay" as long as the media continues to run the stories. This died down for awhile, it didn't gain attention again up until recently, so while they may not have come to terms with their kids deaths it wasn't being broadcast from here to there to everywhere. Then all of a sudden the boat shows up, the report is released and then bam, the cell phone is located! So naturally this story is front and center.

From Xara's post... good lord what a chilling photo. :(
My utmost condolences to their parents and siblings.
Wish there was a way to place a beacon on boats or wear a gps/locator bracelet...or something !

From Xara's post... good lord what a chilling photo. :(
My utmost condolences to their parents and siblings.
Wish there was a way to place a beacon on boats or wear a gps/locator bracelet...or something !

It is chilling! I guess I had just expected that their boat was capsized by a huge wave and both boys drowned together. The thought of one of them surviving for a length of time alone.......then not to be rescued makes me even sadder.

Ok, so genuine question. Now that Apple has agreed to look at the phone and release information IF they can retrieve any. Does it have to be given to both families, or just the Stephanos family and then they decide what to share?

Example: If for instance the information about the snapchat is on there, since they have yet to "prove" it, and the Stephanos family decided, eh it's not "important" to share. (Hypothetical of course) do they have that right?

http://www.mypalmbeachpost.com/news...ida-teens-apple-has-agreed-to-analyze-/nrD2M/

Apr 29 2016, 4:52 pm ET

Apple Agrees to Examine iPhone of Florida Teens Lost at Sea: Lawyer

by Erik Ortiz

Apple has agreed to analyze the cellphone used by the two teenagers who vanished off the coast of Florida last summer, a lawyer for one of their families said Friday.

During a court hearing on how to preserve the iPhone 6 — which was found inside the boys' boat last month after it was recovered 100 miles off the coast of Bermuda — the lawyer said Apple's forensics experts will do what they can to extract data from the device.

The phone was found waterlogged, cracked and covered in barnacles — presumably damaged for the past eight months. The families believe it could contain clues — text and social media messages and other clues — concerning the friends' disappearance...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-iphone-florida-teens-lost-sea-lawyer-n565001

I feel so bad for the parents. AND the boys! I am so confused about the boat. How/why did it disappear from the Bahamas? Where has it been? And how did it end up so far north? Very strange. I don't know if this can be based upon ocean currents, but admittedly, I know nothing about that.

I feel so bad for the parents. AND the boys! I am so confused about the boat. How/why did it disappear from the Bahamas? Where has it been? And how did it end up so far north? Very strange. I don't know if this can be based upon ocean currents, but admittedly, I know nothing about that.

The Gulf Stream takes everything north.

Oh my. Can you imagine how terrible that must have been? To think you are going to be rescued, and then nobody comes back.

What??? How come that pilot did not call for help? He could take a picture but he could not call for help? He should have called for help and then circled the boy until the coast guard arrived. OMG! I am stunned.

What??? How come that pilot did not call for help? He could take a picture but he could not call for help? He should have called for help and then circled the boy until the coast guard arrived. OMG! I am stunned.
He did call for help. He had to ascend up to where he could radio the Coast Guard.

From the article in post #123.

Smith said his granddaughter took cellphone photos of what they saw as the plane climbed to a higher altitude so he could contact the Coast Guard. His step-daughter was also in the plane, he said.

The photos show a blurry object in the water.
A Coast Guard plane arrived at the spot within 20 minutes, but was unable to find anything in the water.

This is what I have been saying there is a major piece of this puzzle missing. Not sure what it is, but there is definitely something missing!!!

and maybe the Cohen family has their hinky meter going up too!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back