FL FL - Austin Stephanos & Perry Cohen, both 14, Jupiter, 24 July 2015 - #2

Should be treated as a homicide

Says a California criminal defense lawyer from Missouri who has nothing whatsoever to do with this incident.

I think there's a 95% chance he doesn't know anything about boats.

I think the boys had trouble with the engine and turned the battery switch off while working on the engine. While the engine was disabled and the oncoming storm was kicking up the waves, the boat broached and over they went.

Unless there's something more than a turned-off battery, I see no reason to think this was anything other than what it appears. LE appears to believe the same.

From the link and bbm ... Maybe the most logical explanation is the storm, but maybe they were abducted. Or maybe there was foul play because they had thousands of dollars' worth of reels."

That's just silly IMO. Who is going to kill them for rods and reels? I seriously doubt offshore fisherman would kill for fishing equipment. The logical and likely explanation is the storm.

I think that lawyer is going on a fishing expedition.

This case is so sad...I hope they find those boys. I know it's against the odds, but would be awesome if they were able to reach safety and are alive somewhere. I know it's wishful thinking. Hope their families find closure :-(

Family fear Florida teenage fisherman who vanished at sea with a friend was abducted as mom demands forensic examination of their fishing boat

Pam Cohen, mom of 14-year-old Perry Cohen, has filed the request

Austin and his friend Perry Cohen vanished on a fishing trip from Jupiter, Florida, nine months ago and were never found

Their boat was discovered near Bermuda and arrived in Florida on Sunday

Mrs Cohen has written to Florida Department of Law Enforcement

Austin's iPhone 6 was intact inside despite being submerged in salt water

Apple couldn't extract information from the device, due to its time in water

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...c-examination-fishing-boat.html#ixzz48pXht5DE

I'm terribly sorry that this woman lost her son, but she needs to accept that he's gone.

I'm terribly sorry that this woman lost her son, but she needs to accept that he's gone.

I agree. I think all the foul play thoughts closed for me after reading this:

A woman staying near the inlet called the Coast Guard several times to report two boys were stranded prior an approaching storm working on their motor. Phone records confirmed 3 calls to the Coast Guard. "She called the US Coast Guard in reference to a broken down vessel. One of the boys was kneeling down at the back of the vessel and kept lifting something." She was interviewed several times by DEEMI and the FWC.

New images that surfaced due to the discovery of the boat show the battery and engine were turned off, which experts say would be consistent with the boys working on the motor.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/more-details-surface-on-austin-and-perry-in-fwc-report

JMO of course.

I agree. I think all the foul play thoughts closed for me after reading this:

A woman staying near the inlet called the Coast Guard several times to report two boys were stranded prior an approaching storm working on their motor. Phone records confirmed 3 calls to the Coast Guard. "She called the US Coast Guard in reference to a broken down vessel. One of the boys was kneeling down at the back of the vessel and kept lifting something." She was interviewed several times by DEEMI and the FWC.

New images that surfaced due to the discovery of the boat show the battery and engine were turned off, which experts say would be consistent with the boys working on the motor.

http://cbs12.com/news/local/more-details-surface-on-austin-and-perry-in-fwc-report

JMO of course.

Sad but this is the most obvious conclusion. That model boat is known for taking in water from the rear during rough seas.
A shame but this appears to be an accident....tragic.

So very very sad.
I can't imagine , as a parent, seeing this final clip of them heading out of the inlet.
God be with.

The wealthy definitely live in a different world than the rest of us. The rest of us would get an hour long search after we are reported missing at sea and that would be the end of it.

The parents are desperate to turn this into a huge unsolved mystery ...why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would love an investigative reporter to look more into the media coverage of this case. I wouldn't be surprised if the families are paying the media. It's interesting how the MSM has never mentioned how wealthy the families are, nor has the family faced any criticism for allowing the boys to go out on a boat unsupervised. I don't even think they talked about those nfl players who went missing at sea almost a year later. I really think they are buying media coverage. It's too positive towards the parents, and this type of story would be considered old news a week after it happened. At the very least, there's a lot going on to keep the case in the news. Maybe lawyers who threaten the media if they write anything they don't approve of. I definitely think there is a blackout when it comes to the parents' wealth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents