FL FL - Barbara Barkley, 19, Pinellas Park, 29 May 1981

I recall those cases, and I've read about Winkles. He was one sick puppy, no doubt about it.

Sometimes it's just overwhelming to think about the number of predators that we know about - and imagine the countless others we haven't heard about (yet).

<modsnip>

WARNING: No sleuthing of familes, friends or those NOT mentioned in MSM. Remember the rules, guys.

Salem

WARNING: No sleuthing of familes, friends or those NOT mentioned in MSM. Remember the rules, guys.

Salem

That was my mistake, so sorry. I mentioned someone by name because he had been mentioned in MSM, but was not ever mentioned as being a suspect. I know better:blushing:

I just got off the phone with a police officer in Pinellas County, Florida who has been assigned their cold cases. Barbara's case is at the top of her stack for review, and steps will be taken to have Barbara's information added to NamUs and other databases.

It was nice to hear the enthusiasm this police officer has for these cold cases, and she appears very determined to resolve as many of these as possible.

Interesting tidbit. In the article it states they had a suspect Mark Cutler at one time who had been arrested for minor crimes. He died a year ago. I found his obit and from this I was able to find info that he was actually arrested for raping a 13 yo girl in Floral City,FL in 1983. In the "back seat" I might add. We had discussed the pillows and how it seemed that some one had been in the back seat of Barbara's car. That gave me the chills when I saw this. I found pinellas clerk records that he had been on probation at the time and was violated because of an arrest in 83 so I'm thinking it was this arrest.
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...ZoTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=WQYEAAAAIBAJ&pg=6910,1308994

Barbara Jean Barkley, Missing, 5/1981 Pinellas Park, FL
The Doe Network: Case File 1724DFFL

BBarkley.jpg

Barbara Jean Barkley
Missing since May 29, 1981 from Pinellas Park, Florida
Classification: Endangered Missing
<HR>
Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: December 19, 1961
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 135 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.

<HR>Circumstances of Disappearance
On May 29, 1981 Barbara Barkley disappeared from her place of employment, a retail store that sold PVC pipe furniture located at 9627 – 66 Street North Pinellas Park.
Barkley was working alone in the business at the time of her disappearance.
Her vehicle was later located in a parking lot at the southwest corner of US Higway 19 and State Road 60 in Clearwater.

Barbara Jean Barkley – The Charley Project I think this is new info. IMO winkles would have been too old to fit the mid to late 20's

A witness reported seeing a man driving Barkley's car at a self-serve car wash on U.S. 19 in Port Richey, Florida after her disappearance. A sketch of the suspect is posted with this case summary. He is described as Caucasian, with dark blond hair and a few days' growth of light-colored facial hair. One of his legs was wrapped in a bandage and the man offered the witness money to wash his car for him, saying his injury made it hard for him to do it himself. He would have been in his mid- to late-20s in 1981, and was 5'10 and 160 pounds.

Mark Cutler matched the description of the man at the car wash, and he had bragged that he knew what happened to Barkley. When police questioned him, he maintained his innocence, and the witness couldn't pick him out of a line-up. Cutler died in 2011. Another possible suspect, the serial killer James D. Winkles, died on Florida's death row in 2010.

I just got off the phone with a police officer in Pinellas County, Florida who has been assigned their cold cases. Barbara's case is at the top of her stack for review, and steps will be taken to have Barbara's information added to NamUs and other databases.

It was nice to hear the enthusiasm this police officer has for these cold cases, and she appears very determined to resolve as many of these as possible.
I'm glad it's like that but I have the impression that she was raped and murdered maybe buried not so far from the car the boyfriend humiliated her and she maybe was seduced with nice words and took her somewhere where more people abused her friends of the boyfriend

Barbara Jean Barkley – The Charley Project I think this is new info. IMO winkles would have been too old to fit the mid to late 20's

A witness reported seeing a man driving Barkley's car at a self-serve car wash on U.S. 19 in Port Richey, Florida after her disappearance. A sketch of the suspect is posted with this case summary. He is described as Caucasian, with dark blond hair and a few days' growth of light-colored facial hair. One of his legs was wrapped in a bandage and the man offered the witness money to wash his car for him, saying his injury made it hard for him to do it himself. He would have been in his mid- to late-20s in 1981, and was 5'10 and 160 pounds.

Mark Cutler matched the description of the man at the car wash, and he had bragged that he knew what happened to Barkley. When police questioned him, he maintained his innocence, and the witness couldn't pick him out of a line-up. Cutler died in 2011. Another possible suspect, the serial killer James D. Winkles, died on Florida's death row in 2010.

Tampa serial killer Bobby Joe long was in the Tampa area in 1978​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back