FL FL - Benjamin Camji-Ortega, 17, Quadripleg, w/o wheelchair, West Miami-Dade, 19 Feb 2022

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
Search underway for wheelchair-bound teen who went missing in West Miami-Dade – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale

WEST MIAMI-DADE, FLA. (WSVN) - Police seek the public’s help in their search for a 17-year-old boy who went missing from his West Miami-Dade home.

According to Miami-Dade Police, Benjamin Camji-Ortega was last seen on the doorstep of his home near Northwest 132nd Court and 10th Street, Saturday.

Detectives said the teen is wheelchair-bound and has cerebral palsy.

He stands 5 feet, 2 inches tall, weighs around 100 pounds, and has dark brown hair and green eyes.

Camji-Ortega was last seen wearing jeans and a dark-colored T-shirt.

Although he is quadriplegic, his mother said he is currently without his wheelchair, which is another reason they are worried.

If you have any information on his whereabouts, call Miami-Dade Police or Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.

upload_2022-2-19_22-58-42-jpeg.334193

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-19_22-58-42.jpeg
    upload_2022-2-19_22-58-42.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 298
I'm trying to understand this
Search underway for wheelchair-bound teen who went missing in West Miami-Dade – WSVN 7News | Miami News, Weather, Sports | Fort Lauderdale
According to Miami-Dade Police, Benjamin Camji-Ortega was last seen on the doorstep of his home near Northwest 132nd Court and 10th Street, Saturday.

Detectives said the teen is wheelchair-bound and has cerebral palsy.
Snipped:
Although he is quadriplegic, his mother said he is currently without his wheelchair, which is another reason they are worried.

This sounds personal to me. He most certainly didn't leave on his own from what I can gather. IMO

I'm a little confused as to his being a quadriplegic. This is partial or full paralysis of all four limbs. Even with partial use (quadriplegics with some motor function in the arms normally have limited use of the hands but no control over them). How would he be able to leave on his own if this was his medical condition?

I was thinking he left with a friend but expected to return soon, so he didn't tell his family ?
Edit : Sounds like good news and hoping it's official soon !

I was thinking he left with a friend but expected to return soon, so he didn't tell his family ?
Edit : Sounds like good news and hoping it's official soon !
Did they carry him? I'm also confused about his level of mobility. I am wondering if MSM is misusing the word 'quadriplegic' to indicate that all four limbs are affected by his cerebral palsy.

Did they carry him? I'm also confused about his level of mobility. I am wondering if MSM is misusing the word 'quadriplegic' to indicate that all four limbs are affected by his cerebral palsy.
Good point. ^^^

One would assume if he left with friends that they'd put his wheelchair in the vehicle ?

A diagnosis of quadriplegic cerebral palsy simply indicates all four limbs are affected. It does not commonly signify paralysis in all four limbs, but rather difficulty in controlling movement.

I've had many patients diagnosed with quadriplegic cerebral palsy who were able to ambulate.

I hope this beautiful young man is found safe and well, very soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back