Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see tantalizing similarities, but also some strong differences. I really think Ian's too young to be MH, especially as it was suggested recently by CC sheriff's office or coroner (I forget which) that MH may be on the older side of the original age estimate. Ian has a very pronounced Adam's apple; MH's nostrils are more flared; MH's eyes appear much lighter; and I can't get past Ian's super-curly hair. Especially in Florida's summer humidity, and perhaps without washing for a few days, I'd expect it to frizz out and become wild and dreadlock-like, not stiff and straightened, as the drawn likeness of MH portrays him in death.

MOO

Ian would be 29-30 now. Curly hair does not stay curly..dirt will weigh it down and straighten it. Change in hormones-every 5/7 years will change it..Illness can change it. The drawing shows MH with wavy hair..He also wore a hat that would have flattened his hair. In the photo below MH has a pronounced Adam's apple
Denim-Mostly Harmless.jpg

View attachment 185059
I could not find any photo of Ian with an open smile

Are there any straight on shots of Ian? I see alot of similarities, but the different angles make it hard to tell if the noses and beard lines are the same.
I do photography as a hobby and picture angle definitely makes a difference on how the nose, chin and jawline look. I've had to redo shots (senior pictures) because the subject didn't like how the angle made their nose or chin look.

I wonder if Ian's beard would grow more full after that age. My sons got really full around 22 years. The closed smile isnt helping. From the side Ian's nose does look very similar but in other photots the bridge appeas to be wider than MH and just more full, less sloped. The spce between the nose and top lip & bottom lip and chin look correct but again the photos are at different angles as @Tabirey mentions. Their eyebrows are so similar with MH's less full (this was rt after a haircut apparently, could've trimmed them) his eyes may be a bit more deep set but time & malnutrition? Idk I'm no professional. Ians timing doesn't line up but he was a software engineer and he did help program games. So similar. I wonder if he was mentioned on MH's fb page? Sheriff's Dept. beleieves a match would already exist if he was in the database. Do we know what is in NamUs for Ian? DNA? Fingerprints etc? I would send it in @Classito

Last edited:
I said all that in my last post like my opinion is of some major value lol I've never sent a match in myself (or made a match) but if someone feels strongly about a match I think they should send it in even if LE disagrees you'll lnow youve done your part

Agreed, i see he was mentioned back in Sept. 2018 too so I think it worth the effort. Someone may check with @Gardener1850 and see if they submitted back in 2018 just to be safe

I did not submit him. I feel he is too young and as I noted on his thread, Ian left money in the bank untouched (But we know Denim had large amounts of cash and expensive gear). However, if anyone would like to submit Ian, please feel free. :)

MOO.

While Ian left money in the bank we do not know how much he had on him. If he was planning on disappearing I assume he would of prepared to have cash on him. If MH is Ian..then he would have worked somewhere for the next few years--who knows..he could have bought a new identity....

I did not submit him. I feel he is too young and as I noted on his thread, Ian left money in the bank untouched (But we know Denim had large amounts of cash and expensive gear). However, if anyone would like to submit Ian, please feel free. :)

MOO.

Thank you Gardener! I must have missed that post. (I scroll too quick sometimes!)

"Thanks. Not the deceased" Was the reply...so I am going to assume a manual check was not done as the reply was quick...and that the person responding on a Sunday to the facebook message was not the investigative officer...Wonder what they are looking for that can make rule outs so fast..? They have done manual comparisons/rule outs with missing persons that do not fit MH profile (has tattoos, brown eyes, taller, younger etc)

Actually I'm getting kind of tiered of LE...what do they want?....if you want the public help...explain a few things...the ridicule rule outs, and over and over again....just the response 'not the deceased" within minutes ..It's not that I don't want this man to be identified.....but I have the feeling they are searching for something "special". I let it go and you should also....sorry MH you look to have been a wonderful person....RIP

Actually I'm getting kind of tiered of LE...what do they want?....if you want the public help...explain a few things...the ridicule rule outs, and over and over again....just the response 'not the deceased" within minutes ..It's not that I don't want this man to be identified.....but I have the feeling they are searching for something "special". I let it go and you should also....sorry MH you look to have been a wonderful person....RIP

I think we are all getting frustrated. To be honest - I don't think that the last person submitted looks anything like our Denim. We want to identify him and I believe LE do too, but, I think it was pretty clear that wasn't him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member