FL FL - Big Cypress National Preserve, Male hiker, "Denim" and "Mostly Harmless", 23 July 2018

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Gardener1850, Aug 3, 2018.

1. SugarQueen

SugarQueen Well-Known Member

If town hall doesn’t pan out maybe I’ll try Horlers. I did hang his poster in there a while ago. They didn’t seem to know anything then but it could be the difference in who was working when. Good idea!

2. thesensitivechild

thesensitivechild Well-Known Member

3. SugarQueen

No news today. Hopefully I hear something Monday. It’s going to be a long weekend. Fingers crossed we get some good news on a name!!

4. Coffee56

Coffee56 Well-Known Member

Both DNA and dental available.

If Patrick did decide to just leave home it sounds like he was well traveled and I find it very possible he could have found himself working in NY, saving up enough money for a few months off.

It’s noted below “Disproportionate upper to lower body ratio” Is there a full photo of Patrick anywhere? I’d like to see how he was disproportionate.

1819DMID - Patrick Jason Beavers

Name:
    Patrick Jason Beavers
    Case Classification: Endangered Missing
    Missing Since: April 3, 1997
    Location Last Seen: Jerome, Jerome County, Idaho

Physical Description
    Date of Birth: October 18, 1972
    Race: White
    Height: 5'10" to 6'0"
    Weight: 180-250 lbs.
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Hazel
    Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on abdomen from appendix being removed. He wore a full beard or mustache. He has been diagnosed as antisocial. He tends to avoid people in most situations. He may be suicidal. He has visual perception problems. He has to wear dark, wrap around type sunglasses due to a light sensitivity condition and may even wear the sunglasses during the evening hours. He has attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Disproportionate upper to lower body ratio. He smokes expensive cigars and drinks Scotch, however, he does not frequent bars. He is a loner who enjoys reading and long distance hiking.

Identifiers
    Dentals: Available
    Fingerprints: Not Available
    DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Shoe size 9.5. He may wear a black coat/jean jacket, blue jeans, and blue denim vests. He frequently wore Hanes T-shirts, flannels with a pocket on the front, pants (size 36x32 or 38x32), jeans mostly Rustler Wranglers, or dress pants.
    Jewelry: Unknown
    Additional Personal Items: Wore dark/black wrap around sun glasses due to light sensitivity.

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Patrick Jason Beavers, also known as Pat, disappeared sometime between the evening of April 3, 1997 and the morning of April 4, 1997. He left a goodbye note which could be taken as a suicide note.

He had been drinking hard alcohol and cut up his identification. He left a note and walked off in the middle of the night after having a disagreement with his stepfather about his being unemployed. It was snowing.

Patrick usually carried pepper spray on a chain and a multi-purpose pocket knife. He did not know how to drive. An extensive search was made the following day of the canyon and surrounding desert area. Prior to disappearing, he had purchased new camping gear and clothes that he did not take with him.

Investigating Agency(s)
    Agency Name: Jerome Police Department
    Agency Contact Person: Det Dwayne Rubink
    Agency Phone Number: 208-324-4328
    Agency E-Mail: N/A
    Agency Case Number: 9704021

NCIC Case Number: M015087406
    NamUs Case Number: 2089

Information Source(s)
    Namus
    TXDPS
    Family of Patrick Jason Beavers
    Seminole County Sheriff's Office
    Idaho Missing Persons Clearinghouse

Admin Notes
    Added: 1/2/06; Last Updated: 5/8/16

5. SugarQueen

JMO..I’m not seeing Patrick as being our hiker. Patrick was diagnosed anti social and from everything the other hikers have said Denim was pretty sociable. It also sounds like Patrick’s eye/ sun sensitivity was pretty severe. Our hiker hiker is photographed, in the sun, not wearing any sunglasses. Moo

Traymar, j_in_c, turanna25 and 11 others like this.
  6. Coffee56

Coffee56 Well-Known Member

I agree. I have been scrolling through looking at Denim’s photos and not one of them so far shows him with sunglasses. The sun didn’t seem to bother him. I also read Patrick’s thread and found that Patrick had a receding hairline. Denim had a full head of hair.

7. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Don't forget that Monday is a federal holiday-- it's President's day. The town hall might be closed Monday.

8. SugarQueen

Awwwww crud!! Idontwannawait!!!

9. ilovepierre

ilovepierre One day, the lost will be found

Being antisocial doesn’t mean a person can’t also be sociable, IMO.
    I’m introverted, but I can socialize when needed...especially when interests are similar.
    Was Patrick actually diagnosed with ASPD (antisocial personality disorder) or was he just an introvert? ASPD is the clinical term for psychopathy/sociopathy. That’s a pretty serious diagnosis and I think other hikers may have noticed “off” behaviour if he truly had an antisocial disorder.

That being said I don’t think Patrick is MH, anyways.
    It was also stated that Patrick did not know how to drive.
    How would he have ended up in NY if he went missing in Idaho (other than hitchhiking)?
    I mean it’s possible, but I don’t know.

IMO

10. SugarQueen

It says he has been diagnosed anti social.

ilovepierre, turanna25, LeenC and 3 others like this.
  11. EllieGato

EllieGato Well-Known Member

I talked to the lead detective for Patrick Jason Beavers case in Jerome Iowa. It hasn't been ruled out. Spent an hour on the phone with him on February 11th. DNA will be the ruling factor here as dental records wouldn't match due to the dental work. Interestingly enough, Pat had a thing about his teeth.

12. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Awesome, thanks!

13. EllieGato

I'll let you guys know what else he said really soon, but he asked me to email him some stuff and I want to give him an opportunity to reply before I do post additional details. I also invited him to join or lurk here at Websleuths.

Pat wasnt my find. But after a little digging and a brief discussion, I made the call.

14. EllieGato

Great points. Remember Pat went missing a long time ago so he had plenty of time to get across country and one article I linked states he expressed his interest in doing that very thing shortly before he disappeared... that is hitchhike across country.

The top should be a quote box but I dont know how to fix it. Ok maybe I fixed it.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  15. SugarQueen

Can you clarify what you mean by dental records wouldn’t match? I’m multitasking and can’t check myself. Thanks!

16. EllieGato

Patrick went missing in 1997. The UID found in 2018 (MH/BB) had excellent teeth...with a lot of recent dental work... So crowns, root canals, removal of wisdom teeth... they change your dental print. Over 20 years time, not only do teeth drift but the actual shape of one's gums, palate, and bite lines change. Getting a dental match that could be used as a determining factor for Pat and MH isn't likely.

MOO: Matching MH/BB's dentals to any other dental records would be very hard if MH's dental work really was that recent and that grand.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  17. SugarQueen

I didn’t realize/ remember that denim/ MH had a lot of dental work? My bad.

18. EllieGato

No worries. It's a lot to keep up with. That's why we are here together.

19. EllieGato

Here is one pic with the sunglasses hanging from his neck. I've been looking at his eyes a lot lately. Additionally I've been looking at pictures of Patrick Beavers mom's eyes, who also has retinitis pigmentosa and is never wearing sunglasses.

Attached Files:

20. SugarQueen

I’m not seeing the match, but that means a whole lot of nothing! Lol.
    Glad it was called in. It’s the only way we will know.