Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see that at all. Somebody who walked off to start over might well have gone into an IT training program at some point and had a pretty much normal life.

I mean, I don't think that's the case. But I don't see anything to rule it out, either.

My first thought... nahhh... Too much time has elapsed but hey, maybe not. There's such a resemblance. Of note, there is a vehicle notation for Ferris, a 1982 Pontiac... I wonder if it was located?

James Daren Treadwell
Missing from Alexandria LA
45 yrs old in 2016
Brown hair
Blue eyes
5'10
180 lbs
Missing since September 2016
He was visiting a relative in the 5000 block of Louisiana Highway 117 when he became upset about a family member's illness and ran into the woods. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.
I could not find him in NamUs

636092936426016818-ani-James-Treadwell.jpg
treadwell_james.jpg

Natchitoches SO searching for missing Alexandria man
Missing brother
James Daren Treadwell Sr. – The Charley Project

James Daren Treadwell
Missing from Alexandria LA
45 yrs old in 2016
Brown hair
Blue eyes
5'10
180 lbs
Missing since September 2016
He was visiting a relative in the 5000 block of Louisiana Highway 117 when he became upset about a family member's illness and ran into the woods. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.
I could not find him in NamUs

636092936426016818-ani-James-Treadwell.jpg
treadwell_james.jpg

Natchitoches SO searching for missing Alexandria man
Missing brother
James Daren Treadwell Sr. – The Charley Project
He does not look like our "Denim" at all. IMO of course.

Maybe not...But everything seems to match...From LA, the timing is on, age is on, height is close, eye color is on, weight, teeth are good...MH was not always MH...He transformed from someone to MH...

My first thought... nahhh... Too much time has elapsed but hey, maybe not. There's such a resemblance. Of note, there is a vehicle notation for Ferris, a 1982 Pontiac... I wonder if it was located?

Finding of his car; I couldn't find confirmation about that but CP states this
Ferris departed from his family's home sometime during February 1991, driving a silver 1982 Pontiac, and apparently traveled to Custer State Park in South Dakota.
Don't know what to make of this....could be cryptic for they found the car near Custer State Park, but as I said no hard information from any source (at least what I could find)

Finding of his car; I couldn't find confirmation about that but CP states this
Ferris departed from his family's home sometime during February 1991, driving a silver 1982 Pontiac, and apparently traveled to Custer State Park in South Dakota.
Don't know what to make of this....could be cryptic for they found the car near Custer State Park, but as I said no hard information from any source (at least what I could find)

Thanks for checking on the car! Also, did you see the comment about someone with same name had been (IIRC... I'm on my phone and not looking at it atm)... Arrested/cited by fish & wildlife dept (a park in SD?) years later... Seems the date and age would "fit"... But I dont quite remember the details.
'Seems quite a stretch for this to be the UID... I dunno.

Maybe not...But everything seems to match...From LA, the timing is on, age is on, height is close, eye color is on, weight, teeth are good...MH was not always MH...He transformed from someone to MH...
are you suggesting plastic surgery? How much could he have changed?

I don't believe MH transformed himself. He is what he is. He sounds like a dude that hit the trails as a thru hiker, wanted anonymity & suffered a serious health crisis and passed.

IMO, Mr. Treadwell listed above is a zero match.

I don't believe MH transformed himself. He is what he is. He sounds like a dude that hit the trails as a thru hiker, wanted anonymity & suffered a serious health crisis and passed.

I am in complete agreement with this. Besides losing weight or changing a hairstyle, I don't see much changing.

Just checking back in, since I have friends currently NoBo on the AT.

Stomach ailments are a HUGE problem along the trail, and they’re constantly worried about the “group-runs” iykwim that spread rapidly through the shelter/camps and hostels.

They’ve mentioned this happening in several of their locations, in GA, NC, and VA. One day they hiked almost 17 extra miles during the night to get away from a group that had the “flu.”

I have a very strong feeling he was never reported missing so he will not be in any databases.

No way to see what he looked like before he hit the trail and track the changes...No photos prior to Aug 2017 and not many after

Thanks for checking on the car! Also, did you see the comment about someone with same name had been (IIRC... I'm on my phone and not looking at it atm)... Arrested/cited by fish & wildlife dept (a park in SD?) years later... Seems the date and age would "fit"... But I dont quite remember the details.
'Seems quite a stretch for this to be the UID... I dunno.

No, missed that (arrest)....do you mean in his missing thread on WS? Will check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine