GUILTY FL - Blake, 54, & Mary-Jo Hadley, 47, beaten, Port St Lucie, 16 July 2011

Such a brutal way to kill someone - especially his own parents.

There are a couple of things that make me wonder if there were some red flags that he had such rage; he dropped out of school and injured a kid while driving. I really hope it comes to light that he had prior issues because the thought of a kid just snapping, brutally murdering his parents and having a party while the bodies were in the house is just too frightening to consider.

I know we've all had this discussion before, but man, it just seems as if we are seeing more and more of these patricides lately. The last few years, I mean. I don't know if it is the ease with which we all get the news or if there really is a rise in this trend but it is truly disturbing.

d09c6da44218b8717a35cfa5e69e.jpeg

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...ed-of-killing-parents-baffles-prosecutor?bn=1

Vinnie pointed out that this killer was nonchalantly chewing gum while facing the judge.

He's got those dead shark eyes of a sociopath.

OH my 'look at his eyes' in mug shot!
3 whites .........big time

Vinnie pointed out that this killer was nonchalantly chewing gum while facing the judge.

He's got those dead shark eyes of a sociopath.

Obviously no signs of remorse with the party in the house afterward.

:mad:

MOO

I sure hope this monster is tried as an adult. No excuse.

This is beyond my comprehension.

The parents, what they saw in their last moments - their own son.

Was anyone else struck by just how he pulled this off with the father unless he was asleep . In the pic of him on the couch or even when there is the three of them dad looks like he could handle himself let alone this kid. Yes i also hope he is tried as an adult as well allthough florida dont seem to mess around like some states do , What a waste of lives and for what unless thier has been some new development iam assuming this was most likly because he wanted to have a party was the only reason i have heard.

i wonder who made the anonymous tip. i heard that that tip even said the murder weapon was a hammer.

I thought ecstacy was for 'loving'... not killing.

The Florida teen accused of brutally beating his parents to death with a hammer before throwing a house party confessed the grisly secret to his best friend, insisting he was possessed by the devil and had taken three ecstasy pills before the murders.

Tyler Hadley, 17, allegedly told Michael Mandell to stay at the party until everyone left to see his parents' bodies, which police say he stashed in a bedroom.

"I didn't want to," recounted Mandell to WPTV. "I opened the door. I saw bloody sheets piled everywhere. I saw broken pictures with blood on them, and I looked down and I saw his dad's leg there."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ling_parents_with_hammer_tells_friend_he.html

Now we know who the tip came from. His best friend who he had confided in although I still think it strange that the kid waited until AFTER the party to call in the tip! Sigh.. Teenagers!!

What is going on with these kids murdering their parents because they are told NO!!!!!!

Has happened for eons. Makes me think of the guy who killed his parents and younger siblings so he could take his car to the prom in 1989: Jeff Pelley.

Or 16 years ago when 15 year old David and 17 year old Bryan Freeman massacred their parents and younger brother. (Which was followed by a copy cat killer a town over, and Jeff Howorth shot his parents to death)

Patty Columbo killed her parents and younger brother with an older boyfriend in order to get inheritence in the seventies.

I mean, I could probably pull up hundreds of cases from the 70's and 80's too, these were just the ones I could think of off the top of my head. There were many cases where a teenaged girl got her boyfriend or friends to kill her parents, often claiming, unfairly, that they were abusive. There were so many of those during the 80's, they all seem to lump together in my memory.

The common perception of teens who kill their parents (or have them killed) is that they fall into three categories. The first are children who kill abusive parents. I have read this is the largest group, although I really think that may be open to debate. I do believe many kids who kill their parents decide to later CLAIM abuse...for example, Lyle and Erik..who testified tearfully about their mean parents.
The next group is seriously mentally ill teens who kill their parents.
The final group which is the group that grabs the headlines is the anti social teen who kills their parents out of anger, greed, or some other absolutely ridiculous reason. From simply reading the articles in regards to this young man, I would assume he falls into the third category. Of course, we don't really know yet.

I'm a history major with a criminal justice minor..but the true story is that I have spent years studying historical crimes. I'm fascinated and read daily on murder and punishment in history. Love it. I do understand when a spat of murders occur, whether it is children killing parents, or parents killing children, the common reaction is to say that society is going to hell in a handbasket and it was like that (insert time period here) when I was a kid.

The truth is, parents have always killed their kids. Teenagers kill their parents more often now then 100 years ago, simply because by their teens 100 years ago (and longer), they weren't living at home, they were living the lives of adults. The age of the teenager is a fairly recent development, but since that began, teens have been killing their parents. Like parents killing kids, PEOPLE have killed their parents for inheritence also, since there has been lands or property to inherit and greedy people who wanted it.

For your linking pleasure :crazy:

the following article does site the following facts, so you don't have to take my word for it.:floorlaugh:
*On average, about five parents are killed by their biological children in the United States every week.
* Analyses since the mid-1970s to now provide no evidence that the incidence of parricide is increasing. Available data suggest, in contrast, that the killings of parents have decreased over the last 30 years.

http://http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/10/48hours/main6383938.shtml

The Florida teen accused of brutally beating his parents to death with a hammer before throwing a house party confessed the grisly secret to his best friend, insisting he was possessed by the devil and had taken three ecstasy pills before the murders.

Tyler Hadley, 17, allegedly told Michael Mandell to stay at the party until everyone left to see his parents' bodies, which police say he stashed in a bedroom.

"I didn't want to," recounted Mandell to WPTV. "I opened the door. I saw bloody sheets piled everywhere. I saw broken pictures with blood on them, and I looked down and I saw his dad's leg there."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ling_parents_with_hammer_tells_friend_he.html

Now we know who the tip came from. His best friend who he had confided in although I still think it strange that the kid waited until AFTER the party to call in the tip! Sigh.. Teenagers!!

in the article that dumdum sucker posted above me says that he didn't call the police, but provided the info when they knocked on his door. so there was someone else that called in the tip. hmm.

I agree with you indi. I think the killings are just more magnified today because of social media. These stories played out locally but seldom nationally IMO.

These days something can happen next door and it is spread around the world in 24 hours. We hear of more and more cases but I think it's because we do hear about them, not because there are more.

The world has always been mean. We were just more sheltered.

Bless the family.

in the article that dumdum sucker posted above me says that he didn't call the police, but provided the info when they knocked on his door. so there was someone else that called in the tip. hmm.

That makes it worse if the kid knew and told no one!! Sigh... I have a feeling it was him or his family though. If NOT stay away from this kid too! you see all that and don't go directly to the police?? I have a 12 year old and these teenagers are scaring the he77 out of me!!! Hope I've instilled in my son the value of a human life. Especially MINE!! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back