FL - Brandi Peters, 27, & her 3 kids found murdered, Tallahassee, 20 Nov 2010 *Guilty*

I don't know which is harder to wrap the mind around.... A complete stranger that could just walk in and wipe out an entire family, or a relative, like a mother or father, capable of wiping out their entire family and being selfish enough to kill themselves.. Both are horrible..

I live about 5 minutes from Jim Lee Road and it is a very shady neighborhood. I was just telling the hubby we should ride over there (in the daylight hours) to give everyone here an update. The hubby gave me a unibrow!

OT - I wanted to share some excitement with my fellow WSers.. I completed my certification for a concealed weapons permit today. Next step is to fill out the paperwork for my permit!!

Congratulations!
After murders recently near me, I'm going to looking into this myself. First buying a gun, then training, then permit.

now it looks like LE is confirming a homicide investigation

Updated: Saturday, Nov. 20, 2010 11:28 PM

Police spokesman David McCranie wouldn't elaborate on the signs of violence police found at the home, but investigators believe the four were slain by someone else. The case is being investigated as a homicide.

"We are trying to find out if anyone would want to harm the family," he said.

Read more: http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/11/20/2631531/police-find-body-of-woman-3-children.html

Looks like we'll have more info this afternoon

Autopsies were being performed Sunday on the bodies of a young mother and three small children found slain in what was described by police as a violent crime scene in north Florida.

The street has reopened in front of the modest, single-story home, which was otherwise quiet on Sunday morning except for a single police officer standing guard.

Tallahassee police spokesman David McCranie said the autopsies are being done in the morning, and authorities working to find out who may have wanted to harm the family hope to have more information by the afternoon.

Read more: http://www.heraldonline.com/2010/11...d-body-of-woman-3-children.html#ixzz15vsZJ6GD

I wonder if they actually meant home invasions or burglaries...?

<snips>

"We had a neighbor call us who was concerned so we responded to try to look around the house and so forth and that's when we discovered the bodies," said Officer David McCranie, spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department.
McCranie says it may likely be some time before they figure out what happened. He's expected to release additional information Sunday.

more here

http://www.wtxl.com/content/topstor...-Tallahassee-home/9ScqViq37kOVA1PbYmBaLQ.cspx

Do we know if LE is going to hold a PC today?

I live about 5 minutes from Jim Lee Road and it is a very shady neighborhood. I was just telling the hubby we should ride over there (in the daylight hours) to give everyone here an update. The hubby gave me a unibrow!

OT - I wanted to share some excitement with my fellow WSers.. I completed my certification for a concealed weapons permit today. Next step is to fill out the paperwork for my permit!!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "shady"? Just curious... is it a low income neighborhood? Gang territory? And why do you think home invasions in the area? many home invasions I've read about out here involved a specific race (usually same race as vics)/gang activity- and some knowledge of their victims. I'm sure that is not always the case, just what I've noticed in the SF bay area in some recent cases I have read about.

Also, the home invasions I've read about may rarely result in one person being killed (not an entire family- and not young children). This sounds more personal- Wonder if anything was missing from the home?

I have not read anything about a press conference

Do we know if LE is going to hold a PC today?

I can't find any information on a press conference...it seems like they aren't putting much information out. We still don't know the victims names!
An entirely different approach than what we've seen in Ohio. ^i^

My lord when we this madness end! Those poor people! It's so sad those poor babies!!

UPDATE (SUNDAY 1:59 p.m.)
An autopsy is being performed on the woman and three young children who were found dead Saturday inside of their Saddle Creek Run home.

Police are continuing their investigation. Police are expected to release additional information later Sunday afternoon.

Stay tuned to ABC27 News and WTXL.TV for the latest developments in this story

I keep googling constantly to find anymore info and none is to be found... WHY???

UPDATE (Sunday 5:22 p.m.)

Police have identified the four victim's in Saturday's homicide investigation as:
Brandi Peters, 27 and her children:
Tamiyah Peters, 6
Taniyah Peters, 6
Jovante Segura, 3

The four were found dead inside of their home around 10 a.m. Saturday on the 900 block of Saddle Creek Run in Tallahassee Saturday after police say they were called out by a concerned neighbor.

Autopsies were being conducted Sunday afternoon. David McCranie, spokesman for the Tallahassee Police Department, says there were obvious signs of violence inside of the home and this is being investigated as a homicide.

Police say it's still unclear as to why this crime happened, but are quick to caution the public before making any assumptions. TPD says there have been many rumors circulating in the neighborhood about how the deaths have occurred.

"I want to assure the public that we are following up on active leads in this case," said Chief Dennis Jones of the Tallahasee Police Department. "We cannot release details, as it would adversely affect our ability to solve this crime."

One such rumor was that perhaps this was burglary related. Tallahassee Police have confirmed that they have investigated burglaries in the Saddle Creek Run area in the recent past, but say there were no sign of forced entry during this crime. Police say photos of the broken glass near the front door of the home have circulated, leading many to believe this crime was related to burglary. Police say the damage to the window near the front door was the result of the officers from the Tallahassee Police Department forcing entry into the residence upon arrival.

They're asking anyone with information about this crime to contact the Tallahassee Police Department at (850) 891-4200 or Crime Stoppers at (850) 574-8477.

Stay tuned to ABC27 News and WTXL.TV for the latest developments.

UPDATE (Sunday 5:22 p.m.)

One such rumor was that perhaps this was burglary related. Tallahassee Police have confirmed that they have investigated burglaries in the Saddle Creek Run area in the recent past, but say there were no sign of forced entry during this crime. Police say photos of the broken glass near the front door of the home have circulated, leading many to believe this crime was related to burglary. Police say the damage to the window near the front door was the result of the officers from the Tallahassee Police Department forcing entry into the residence upon arrival.

Sounds like this poor family was acquainted with the killer and he entered on trust. I hope they find him or her soon!

So the fact police had to break glass to get in means the sicko left the house locked. Kinda weird...... at least to me, but i'm kinda new here. so maybe it's NOT out of the ordinary...

From the photos, the car was in the driveway and there is an ADT security system sign in the front yard????? WOW.. they must have known the person, or didn't activate it during the day while at home

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back