FL FL-Brevard Co, UP93358, Found inside a tent in a homeless campsite, Jun 22

phantomstrider

Reaction score

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Date Body Found June 21, 2022​

Location Found Melbourne, Florida​

Race/Ethnicity Uncertain​

Sex Unsure​

Estimated Age Group Cannot Determine​

Height Cannot Estimate​

Weight Cannot Estimate​

Location Melbourne, Florida 32935​

County Brevard County​

Found On Tribal Land No​

Circumstances of Recovery Crew members of a tree cutting company who were surveying a heavily wooded area in Wickham Park discovered a homeless campsite with 1 tent. Inside of the tent was skeletonized remains.​

Condition of Remains Not Recognizable- Near complete or complete skeleton​

Hair Color Unknown​

Eye Color Unknown​

Wickam Park is big and has a campground. When I lived in Melbourne, it wasn't that elaborate but was pretty rural for sure. For this person not to be discovered until skeletal, it seems she/he was not in a very populated area of the homeless camp. There are a ton of businesses within walking distance. Maybe another person frequenting the homeless area could provide clues as to who this person was. I would think the smell of decomp would at least waif into other areas of the park.

1658091158353.png

The black apron makes me think he worked in a kitchen, maybe as a dishwasher, food prep or even a server. I wonder if it had his name on it or if there was a pin on name tag.

Item

Black cloth face mask

Black flashlight

Pocket knife

Grey zip up jacket with hood, 2XL

Blue zip up jacket without hood.

Grey t-shirt with red pattern, large

Dark colored short, large

Light color remnants of pants with dark colored cloth belt, 38 X 32

Remnants of light colored long sleeved shirt with white buttons, large

Black long socks

Black apron

Light colored sheet(grey?)

The black apron makes me think he worked in a kitchen, maybe as a dishwasher, food prep or even a server. I wonder if it had his name on it or if there was a pin on name tag.

Item

Black cloth face mask

Black flashlight

Pocket knife

Grey zip up jacket with hood, 2XL

Blue zip up jacket without hood.

Grey t-shirt with red pattern, large

Dark colored short, large

Light color remnants of pants with dark colored cloth belt, 38 X 32

Remnants of light colored long sleeved shirt with white buttons, large

Black long socks

Black apron

Light colored sheet(grey?)
I didn't notice until now that the photos of the items are on Namus.

The person was wearing a "Checkers and Rally's" T-Shirt like the one linked below:

T-shirt Man

Is this t-shirt part of a uniform or just a random t-shirt available for everyone to buy?

MOO JMO

Last edited:
I didn't notice until now that the photos of the items are on Namus.

The person was wearing a "Checkers and Rally's" T-Shirt like the one linked below:

T-shirt Man

Is this t-shirt part of a uniform or just a random t-shirt available for everyone to buy?

MOO JMO
I didn’t notice that either. I bet he worked at the Checkers near the park. That should have been a clue to his identity. In Florida it wouldn’t take long for remains to become skeletal.

Attachments

• C3612F39-48C8-4D67-95EB-18DEA69CD248.jpeg
    C3612F39-48C8-4D67-95EB-18DEA69CD248.jpeg
    93.8 KB · Views: 3
I didn’t notice that either. I bet he worked at the Checkers near the park. That should have been a clue to his identity. In Florida it wouldn’t take long for remains to become skeletal.
Or, what appears to be a "Checkers Rally's" uniform belonged to someone else?! There's a noticeable difference in the levels and patterns of deterioration between the "uniform" and the shirt and khaki shorts/trousers, being the latter set, the clothes he most likely died with, as they seem to be decomposed by the acidic body fluids, maggots, etc.

I'm not a doctor, I just like to read autopsy reports... and my question is: Wouldn't you report your co-worker as missing if the person didn't show up for work after a certain time?
If the UP did in fact work at the Checkers on Wickham Rd at some point, but no longer worked there at the time the death occurred, i'm sure someone remembers this person. And also, a black face mask was found inside the tent. It's safe to assume the UP died after March 2020. I'm confident that, with such a short timeframe to work with, LE will easily refresh the right person's memory and ID the human remains in no time.
I hope this made sense...

MOO JMO

The combination of the timeline, location, apron, mask, Checkers/Rally's shirt, the tent and knife makes me wonder whether these are Bryan Vladek Hasel's remains. He is described as 5' 8"/220 lbs which seems like he may have been able to fit the 38 X 32 pant and 2XL jacket worn by John Doe. Vlad's WS thread provides much more info about him and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance. @FocusN13 might want to consider requesting a DNA comparison. MOO

The combination of the timeline, location, apron, mask, Checkers/Rally's shirt, the tent and knife makes me wonder whether these are Bryan Vladek Hasel's remains. He is described as 5' 8"/220 lbs which seems like he may have been able to fit the 38 X 32 pant and 2XL jacket worn by John Doe. Vlad's WS thread provides much more info about him and the circumstances surrounding his disappearance. @FocusN13 might want to consider requesting a DNA comparison. MOO

And according to Bryan's sister "he had bought a pocket knife". One was found inside the tent... :(

FL - FL - Bryan Vladek Hasel, 22, Orlando, 5 Nov 2021

Not sure if this is a recent development but the namus page lists 'Michael Needleman' as possible name.
I don't recall seeing a possible name before today. The NamUs profile was updated on March 28th... Probably to add the name.
Wonder if LE found some ID card or a name tag?

MOO JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back