FL - Brittany Lester for child abuse, St Petersburg, 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by BeanE, Aug 18, 2011.

1. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

Okay, this is a weird one. Mom sends texts and pics to ex, pretending to abuse their 1 month old baby. LE found the baby and her 3 year old unharmed. Mom is charged anyway - I assume because of the staged pictures she put the baby in.

Woman, 20, accused of taunting ex-boyfriend with photos, texts of child abuse

Posted: Aug 18, 2011 01:45 PM

The messages were accompanied by equally disturbing images, police said, of the baby in a variety of staged positions: upside down in a trash can, shoved under two motel mattresses and lying down with a cell-phone charger in his mouth, police said.

One picture, according a police report, shows Lester apparently choking the child, and another shows him with a plastic bag over his head.

Lester was charged with aggravated child abuse and held without bail.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...iend-with-photos-texts-of-child-abuse/1186656

2. Loading...

3. Kimberlyd125

Kimberlyd125 Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athlet

Very odd!

4. bogeygal

bogeygal Registered User

There are some very sick people out there. I fear for this baby and his sister. Sad.

5. pinkfly

pinkfly New Member

This story is very strange. I am so glad that they found the children unhurt and took custody. I am also glad that the maternal grandmother declined the offered custody of said children. Something not right with the whole family is my guess.

6. deelytful1

deelytful1 *~a mere mortal~*

Now there's a catch 22! the things people will do just to hurt thevery people they had children with sickens me!

7. Marie

Marie Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

This doesn't sound fake to me, it sounds like very real child abuse. What a horrible thing to do to both baby and dad!!

8. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

I agree - putting the baby in the trash can and under the mattresses etc - the things she did for the pictures - very real abuse. I just couldn't think of quite how to word what it was that she did. My poor choice of words. :)

9. charok

charok Member

sick joke, sick twisted cry for attention...thank god they were unharmed, but still the mattress, the abuse ( mattresses, bag over the head) while staging the pics?? wtf???

10. 2goldfish

2goldfish New Member

that was real abuse IMO. putting a plastic bag over such a tiny one's head long enough to snap a pic, why take risks like that?

11. Melanie

Melanie Inactive

I agree! Even if mummy didn't carry out the abuse, and it appeared staged, it's still abuse IMHO. You don't put a bag over a baby's head, put a baby in a trash can, or between two mattresses and not call it abuse. The baby may not have been physically harmed, but you can't put a child in those positions/conditions and call it parenting.

And who's to say she wouldn't carry out the real act of danger a week or two from now.

I'm glad she was busted, and I hope the baby finds a more loving and secure home.

JMHO.

Mel

12. miimaa

miimaa New Member

What kind of whack job bi!ch would do something like this?

13. pinkfly

pinkfly New Member

I hope those 2 little ones get adopted by loving people and never go home to this nut case......and I am expressing that because I fear that on our judicial system she will get probation and then want her kids back.

14. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

15. lisalei321

lisalei321 Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL

Maybe they'll bring in jurors from Orange County:rolleyes:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

16. LadyL

LadyL Active Member

we'll be hearing about her again for sure ... I fear she'll go on to hurt children (hers or others) in a very permanent way in the future

17. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

18. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

19. bluesneakers

bluesneakers Active Member

I would like to think maybe she learned something and maybe she did, but it bothers me once again these kids had their lives uprooted. And even if she's learned something - what do they remember? Will they still be afraid of her?

Ugh.

:(