FL FL - Broward Co, Unksex&race UP12952, UnkAge, jaw bone washed up on the beach, Jan'59

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 12952

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/12952

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found January 1, 1959 in Broward County, FL
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only

Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: Unknown Age
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is not available
DNA: Sample available-not yet submitted

Case History:
Email communication from private citizen:

"Growing up, my parents used to take my sister and me to Ft. Lauderdale (Lauderdale-By-the-Sea was where we stayed) for winter vacations. One year, it was probably around 1959, I found a human jaw bone washed up on the beach with a single molar tooth still intact. I brought it home, showed it to my dentist to confirm that it was a human bone, and kept it in my room for some years and then lost track of it. My wife and I recently sold our home of 35 years and moved to a condo. In the process, I found a box of things from my childhood and the jaw bone was in it.

It occurred to me after watching a documentary recently about solutions to cold cases, that maybe you would have an interest in me sending this item to you. In jest, I said to my wife, 'This could be Jimmy Hoffa's jaw bone!' If there is no interest on your part, I will probably just give it a proper burial." **end of email**

Is a very very strange case this!

NamUs UP 12952

I cannot find this case on the NamUs page. The original link in the first post does not open the page.

I wonder whatever became of that private citizen, if he was able to offer any additional clues. Interesting that the dentist he showed the jaw to didn't encourage him to turn it in at the time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr
Back