Identified! FL - Broward Co., WhtFem UP1090, 46-60, in Everglades, Dec'98 - Eileen Truppner

At least two of the reconstructions appear to indicate she has a widow's peak. It's hard to tell if Charlene has one in her photos. Wish there was a check box for things like that on NamUs. Most people wouldn't think to include it, but if there was a prompt for it, it could at least be another detail added. Same for attached earlobes.

I found Charlene Barrios http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1153dfca.html

Charlene was 26 when she was reported missing in 1988, the first year the Rock City News existed under that name, so she would have been 36 in 1998, in range. At 5'9" she's a little taller. Weight doesn't match but ten years is plenty to have gained a lot of weight.

The thing that really caught my eye was the circumstances:
"In August of 1990 the mother of Charlene reported that she was missing. She said that she [presumably the mother] last spoke to Charlene in September or October 1988, when Charlene mentioned she was in Florida.
All efforts are being made to locate Charlene and the case is actively being worked by authorities."

[comment and bold by me]

Good find!! Submitted this match?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

MP18050 Billie Willard 01/01/1987 Wake NC
MP1100 Hazel Klug 05/20/1986 Henrico VA
MP625 Nelda Hardwick 10/14/1993 Calcasieu LA
MP5616 Margaret Warrington 02/24/1997 Kenton KY
MP6022 Carol Donn 01/02/1981 Palm Beach FL
MP974 Patricia Schmidt 06/04/1985 Henrico VA
MP490 Tina D'Ambrosio 06/11/1996 Maricopa AZ

240UFFL - Unidentified Female

240UFFL1.jpg
shirt
shirt1
shirt2
shoes

Reconstructions of the victim (1-2 by Catyana Falsetti); victim's clothing.

Date of Discovery: December 19, 1998
Location of Discovery: Everglades, Broward County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Recognizable face
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 35-60 years old
Race: White and/or Hispanic
Sex: Female
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 116 lbs.
Hair: Brown with gray streaks, curly and 6" long.
Eye Color: Brown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Recent surgery to remove a cyst.

Identifiers

Dentals: Available. 13 - palatal cuspid only remains, 14 - retained roots.
Fingerprints: Unknown.
DNA: Unknown.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: A red, white, black and blue long-sleeve pull-over sweatshirt with the logo "Sport Team Sport" and "Members Only", a sleeveless blue shirt, a sleeveless black shirt, a red lace bra; a pair of maroon underwear; a pair of black socks; and a pair of red tennis shoes
Jewelry: Red stoned earrings.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown.

Circumstances of Discovery

A boater found the woman's face-down body around 5:00 PM in the saw grass near a boat ramp, west near 5400 US Highway 27 on the edge of the Everglades in western Broward county, two miles south of Interstate 75.

Detectives suspect she was murdered in Broward, Dade or Palm Beach counties and dumped in the Everglades.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: District 17 Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Wendy Crane
Agency Phone Number: 954-357-5200
Agency E-Mail: Med_Exam_Trauma@Broward.org
Agency Case Number: 1998-1548

Agency Name: Broward Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Glenn Bukata
Agency Phone Number: 954-764-4357
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 98-12-10366

NCIC Case Number: U183268048
NamUs Case Number: 1090

Information Source(s)

NamUs
FLUIDDB
FDLE
WeTip
The Miami Herald (12/21/1998)

So glad her family now knows what happened and can let her rest in peace. She had 2 children but were they in the US or PR? Where was their father? Who raised them?

......discovered Jane Doe was Eileen Truppner, a mother of two who'd left her native Puerto Rico and moved to South Florida.

Scott said now detectives are working to figure out who killed Eileen Truppner. He said they have good leads and a potential suspect, but are still trying to connect some dots.

If he is still alive, I would really love to hear what the husband's story sounds like. Here's my guess: She ran off with some guy and I never saw her again. Or maybe: we had an argument and she stormed out and I never saw her again.
Or some other nonsense err I mean story.

Disclaimer: the above is my humblest of opinion only but everyone on this thread is thinking the same thing ;)

If he is still alive, I would really love to hear what the husband's story sounds like. Here's my guess: She ran off with some guy and I never saw her again. Or maybe: we had an argument and she stormed out and I never saw her again.

Disclaimer: the above is my humblest of opinion only but everyone on this thread is thinking the same thing ;)
Yup and based on where she was found, the perp was counting on the wildlife.... er, gators to "assist" him with disposal. Good job Eileen!

Eileen 1
Perp 0
Gators 0

Today, the Broward County Sheriff's Office announced that suspected serial killer Lucious Boyd has been indicted for the rape and murder of Eileen. He is currently on death row for the murder of 21-year-old Dawnia Dacosta, who was killed about two weeks before Eileen's murder.

Well, looks like I will have to eat a big ole serving of crow!!
Glad that the person responsible will be held accountable but I must admit that I am shocked that it was a serial killer.
And I am really shocked that it was a serial killer whose family ran a funeral home/business .

Well, looks like I will have to eat a big ole serving of crow!!
Glad that the person responsible will be held accountable but I must admit that I am shocked that it was a serial killer.
And I am really shocked that it was a serial killer whose family ran a funeral home/business .
That’s exactly what I thought! A relative of a funeral home person!! I wonder if that played a role in his SK beginnings. A weird fascination with death or something? Sadistic creep.

Rest well Eileen.

Broward Sheriff's Office officials announced Tuesday that cold case unit detectives have arrested Lucious Boyd, a convicted murderer, rapist and suspected serial killer, in the 1998 slaying.
120523-Lucious-Boyd.jpg

The gruesome discovery was made in December 1998, when a boater on a weekend outing found the woman's body dumped near a boat ramp off U.S. 27, BSO officials said.

For more than 20 years, the woman was known only as Jane Doe, but in May, BSO identified the victim as Eileen Truppner, a mother of two who'd left her native Puerto Rico and moved to South Florida. Her cause of death was determined to be strangulation.

According to BSO, investigators contacted the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and requested the assistance of their genetic genealogy unit which allows authorities to investigative leads for unsolved crimes. The DNA results led to the first major breakthrough
in the case – her identity.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.