FL FL - Broward, WhtMale, UP1315, 30-45, Mar'79

Coffee56

Reaction score
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

1755UMFL

Date of Discovery: March 25, 1979
Location of Discovery: Hallandale, Broward County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 1979
State of Remains: Mummified
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 30-45 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 148 lbs.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Olive green trousers with inseam 31" and waistband 32" and a label reading "Dickies machine wash, no bleach"; and a brownish leather belt with the buckle depicting an Indian horseman.
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent was located in a wooded area near the 1200 block of East Hallandale Beach Boulevard.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: District 17 Medical Examiners Office
Agency Contact Person: Wendy Crane
Agency Phone Number: 954-357-5200
Agency E-Mail: Med_Exam_Trauma(at)broward.org
Agency Case Number: 1979-0252

Agency Name: Hallandale Police Department
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 954-457-1400
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 79-5529

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 1315

Information Source(s)
Namus
FLUDBB

Admin Notes
Added: 5/19/12; Last Updated: 11/13/18

Gary Palmer Moore (26) listed as missing from Pasadena MD 6 days prior to UID found in Hallandale FL.

The article shown below states that Gary Palmer Moore was actually from Ft. Lauderdale at the time he was arrested in early March 1979.

I believe this UID is Gary Palmer Moore. His missing person report says “foul play indicated”. PMI is estimated at 1 day. Estimated height is off but he appears to be a good match otherwise.

1675003149477.jpeg1675003168586.jpeg
1675003253913.jpeg
1675003306213.jpeg
1675003325316.jpeg

Gary Palmer Moore (26) listed as missing from Pasadena MD 6 days prior to UID found in Hallandale FL.

The article shown below states that Gary Palmer Moore was actually from Ft. Lauderdale at the time he was arrested in early March 1979.

I believe this UID is Gary Palmer Moore. His missing person report says “foul play indicated”. PMI is estimated at 1 day. Estimated height is off but he appears to be a good match otherwise.

View attachment 398541View attachment 398542
View attachment 398544
View attachment 398545
View attachment 398546
I hate to throw cold water on this, but I think under two weeks is nowhere near long enough for the remains to mummify.

The Dickies brand clothing is generally used by tradesmen. A company would have an employee go get what fits and they’d pay for the clothing. I wonder if there’s any evidence of him being a carpenter, electrician, plumber, landscaper, etc.

The Dickies brand clothing is generally used by tradesmen. A company would have an employee go get what fits and they’d pay for the clothing. I wonder if there’s any evidence of him being a carpenter, electrician, plumber, landscaper, etc.
Good point. Still looking for additional info about Gary. Also wonder what became of his accomplice listed in the article. Doing further research.

The other thing that strikes me is hair, eyes, and identifying marks are all listed as unknown. As is COD.

Could be incomplete records, of course.

But with the identifying marks, they'll either list tattoos or scars or birthmarks, or, if they don't have any, they say none.

Unknown suggests to me they either didn't write it down, or the body was in a state where they couldn't determine it.

Now, this doesn't mean it can't be Gary, but the body would have had to have been destroyed somehow, like with fire.

Fingerprints are also unavailable. Of course, there are many reasons as to why that might be, but decomposition/mummification is one of them
True but maybe missing altogether to hinder identification. Not enough info listed but maybe we can piecemeal this together.

The other thing that strikes me is hair, eyes, and identifying marks are all listed as unknown. As is COD.

Could be incomplete records, of course.

But with the identifying marks, they'll either list tattoos or scars or birthmarks, or, if they don't have any, they say none.

Unknown suggests to me they either didn't write it down, or the body was in a state where they couldn't determine it.

Now, this doesn't mean it can't be Gary, but the body would have had to have been destroyed somehow, like with fire.
Yes, exactly.

Yes, exactly.
Well, if you feel strongly about it, suggest it to the folks in charge of the case. I agree the resemblance with the recon is remarkable.

However, for myself, I think it's more likely they messed up entering the PMI, and that this Doe is a mummified Doe, dead for possibly years, not days, and that's why so much of the case is marked as 'unknown'. But I'm just another amateur with a keyboard typing from my sofa, so my opinion is just that - an opinion. I could be completely off base. Go with your gut.

Well, if you feel strongly about it, suggest it to the folks in charge of the case. I agree the resemblance with the recon is remarkable.

However, for myself, I think it's more likely they messed up entering the PMI, and that this Doe is a mummified Doe, dead for possibly years, not days, and that's why so much of the case is marked as 'unknown'. But I'm just another amateur with a keyboard typing from my sofa, so my opinion is just that - an opinion. I could be completely off base. Go with your gut.
Thank you so much. I have submitted to NamUs for review and will also contact Wendy at Broward ME office tomorrow to see if they can have a look.

Decomp here in south FL is rapid depending on the weather. Ft Lauderdale in March can be pretty warm and humid. If the location was direct sun it could get hot vs a shady area. However, the word mummified almost makes me wonder if the person wasn’t really using the correct term. Perhaps they meant putrification instead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare
Back