GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #1

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Sleuthster, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chelly

Chelly Always Remember Teghan Skiba

I noted that and it did appear to signify disrespect. However, I'm not sure if she is all-there. She will have to be reminded of such matters by her team.

2. Chelly

Yes! I love trial technicalities.:seeya:

3. janx

janx Well-Known Member

Another matter to consider is that her ex-husband is very much in the room. I noticed her looking down through much of the jury selection process and wondered if part of that was because she didn't want to look at him. It has only been a little over three years.

4. janx

janx Well-Known Member

I have never watched a trial that included the insanity defense. Have you?

5. janx

janx Well-Known Member

You're very welcome.

6. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

I haven't either.

Don't know what to expect- maybe tons of psychiatrists/psychologists on the stand (we could almost get our Masters in Psychology from all the info they will give everyone about insanity). Hope they're not going to have "Dr." Samuels on. :facepalm:

Jodi Arias trial - THE QUACK PAPER SHUFFLE - YouTube

7. janx

janx Well-Known Member

Arrrghhh! Noooo! :floorlaugh:

8. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

See everyone Monday, God willing. :seeya:

9. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

Done for day?

10. janx

janx Well-Known Member

Yes. The jury is in place for Monday.

11. Rhozwen

Rhozwen Well-Known Member

OMG..please NO!!
    :gasp:

:trainwreck:

12. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

i was looking at some news clips right after it happened. They had a beautiful home and then showed the Christmas Tree still up with wrapped gifts under it...at the end of Jan.??? And then bottles of opiate type drugs all over the house...I mean why would she have acess to these pills without someone watching the situation? husband was only gone for two weeks and I don't know at what point this occurred in that time but long after Christmas. Really don't understand that a major intervention was not done by family or friends or someone? And what about her doctors? I'm really not sure about this case at all.

13. janx

janx Well-Known Member

It's best to wait until the trial, but some of the evidence that has been posted online points to the possibility that she had been in rehab at least once and that her family was very concerned about her. Her husband was career military and had to travel a lot. I'm trying not to make any assumptions, trying to wait for the trial, but it appears initially that she had mental problems and addiction problems. When her children reached their teen years, she was incapable of raising them.

14. aliciabal

aliciabal Member

Thanks for the link! I'd been wondering what her family thought of all this. They have been silent and I imagine are in a lot of pain as well. From the bits and pieces I'd read that have been released, it appears she had problems but took no responsibility for getting better despite her access to healthcare and the support of her family. My thought is that he was going to pull the plug on the marriage after 20 years of putting up with her. Maybe that was the trigger. She seems to have desired to hurt him. Those are just my initial thoughts and I'll keep my mind open to see what the evidence bears out. From a legal standpoint, I don't think she meets the standard for insanity. Hubby and I had an interesting conversation about how someone can be insane but not meet the legal definition. IMO, you can have mental issues and still premeditate a crime. Like someone said earlier, she is no Andrea Yates.

15. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

I do believe most experts will agree you can be "insane" and still pre-meditate a crime. From what I understand this is about her state at just that moment of the crime and I don't understand this concept. Also above interview with "Wendy" while interesting needs to be read with caution...already a correction has been advised by Julie's attorney...I would like to hear from her family directly but won't happen unless they are on the stand. They have been there every day for jury selection. I can be very opinionated but on this one I am really open to hear the defense.

16. Coldpizza

Coldpizza Retired WS Staff

Jury seated in Julie Schenecker murder trial

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/jury-finalized-in-julie-schenecker-murder-trial/2178105

Much more at link^

17. turaj

turaj Well-Known Member

18. Coldpizza

Coldpizza Retired WS Staff

Yes turaj, that stuck out to me too.

19. janx

janx Well-Known Member

20. Chelly

From experience: Substance abuse tends to go hand-hand with mental illness and insanity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.