GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe JS is a game player--she is a smart cookie! She's an expert in interrogation in the military; I have bipolar disorder & have 3 young children. Believe me, I've had problems with medications, times when I was severely depressed, etc. The bottom line is that if you have ANY illness, and you are an adult, it is YOUR responsibility to take care of it. You may not blame your kids for acting like kids as the reason you are a wreck.

Drinking alcohol and eating bottles of Oxycontin is NOT a symptom of bipolar disorder, and it is evidence that she had no interest in controlling her mental illness.

Her mugshot & "perp walk" displays a woman who had it together enough to go get her hair highlighted--let me tell you, if you were so desperately ill that you could not care for your kids, you would not have the energy needed to visit a salon! (And you are also not capable enough to go to a drugstore & buy Clairol & then do it yourself).

I get a sense that JS is highly manipulative, that she uses her illness to control and punish her family, and that she is filled with rage. She is putting on an act in court. Bipolar disorder does not make you incoherent--and please be aware that SHE IS ON MEDICATION RIGHT NOW. That will ensure that she is NOT PSYCHOTIC--so her confusion is just an act.

Suicide is the leading cause of death in people with Bipolar disorder--homicide is exceedingly rare. I was diagnosed at age 18 with severe bipolar--and I've noticed that murderers like to pretend that this disorder "makes" you murder children. That's total BS. You fluctuate (when unmedicated) from severe depression to manic states (either euphoria or extreme irritability).

JS was also on medication at the time of the murders. She kept it together so well at "Lock & Load" that she was sold a firearm and hollow point bullets that she planned to shoot her kids with. She needs to go to prison for the rest of her pathetic life.

JMO!:loveyou:

Thank you so much Liebchenmutti for explaining this from someone with Bi-polar.

I wrote below you and suffer from chronic depression, severe at times and am currently under control for 7+ yrs. I do understand how difficult though about raising children with a MI can be. You do have to want to help yourself to get better and be a participant in your MI treatment.

Thanks again.

PDF files for:

Abuse Report
Crash Report
Abuse Investigative Summary

I've been trying to figure this out. Hopefully they will link.

Thanks for posting the abuse and the accident report. What a crying shame that Tampa Gen released her before a blood draw was done (what were they thinking???). If she'd been found to be DUI or DWI, her license would have been taken away (at the very least), which would have meant Parker wouldn't have left her with the kids by herself in January (they'd have needed rides to their sports events and such).

I wrote below you and suffer from chronic depression, severe at times and am currently under control for 7+ yrs. I do understand how difficult though about raising children with a MI can be. You do have to want to help yourself to get better and be a participant in your MI treatment.

Thanks again.

I thank you for that perspective. Is there not a time beyond which you are not able to think clearly enough to even want to help yourself and the only thing that can be done is an intervention by people that care about you? Is that not how most people get into a treatment place long term and it takes months if not years to get things in balance again?

Thanks again.

:loveyou:

Severe depression is the worst! I'm sure you know that even checking the mail when you're depressed is almost impossible. IMO, JS was not suffering severe depression when she got dressed, combed her highlighted hair and went to the gun store to buy a firearm to carry out her murderous plan. And then failed to kill herself. She also wasn't too depressed to write that detailed journal about the deaths of her kids. I'm not buying was JS is trying to sell.

I believe that she was enraged at her husband and she killed her kids to hurt him.

I've also noticed that JS grabs her headphones each & every time there's a sidebar--she's actively assisting her counsel in her trial. All the drama around that stipulation was an act in my opinion.

Totally agree...of course PS spoke of none of it really....talking about suicide is not normal "chit chat" and should have been his red flag (as if he did not have many) that we could never be gone and not have someone there responsible. It was one of the things she easily shared with the interviewer and I'm certain it was not the first time she verbalized her wishes. PS knew she wanted to commit suicide.

In one of his emails to her doctor, PS said she'd talked of suicide, but he didn't think she'd go through with it.

I'm way behind on this trial, just at the end of day 2, but I want to say that this woman didn't kill her children, she executed them.

Severe depression is the worst! I'm sure you know that even checking the mail when you're depressed is almost impossible. IMO, JS was not suffering severe depression when she got dressed, combed her highlighted hair and went to the gun store to buy a firearm to carry out her murderous plan. And then failed to kill herself. She also wasn't too depressed to write that detailed journal about the deaths of her kids. I'm not buying was JS is trying to sell.

I believe that she was enraged at her husband and she killed her kids to hurt him.

I've also noticed that JS grabs her headphones each & every time there's a sidebar--she's actively assisting her counsel in her trial. All the drama around that stipulation was an act in my opinion.

BBM, I think so too. She parked in his parking spot, left post it notes for him all over the house about her killing the kids saying "I stomped your heart" This was aimed at him. Not really about the kids and she was jealous over the seemly better relationship he had with them. Not denying she has a mental illness, but it appears that she's only trying to use it as justification for killing her kids.

I totally agree, and I believe she is aware of what is going on. I believe she was totally aware of the fact that she killed the 2 children. I think she self medicated or over medicated and drank after she killed them.

I also believe Parker knew how she manipulated everyone.

I thank you for that perspective. Is there not a time beyond which you are not able to think clearly enough to even want to help yourself and the only thing that can be done is an intervention by people that care about you? Is that not how most people get into a treatment place long term and it takes months if not years to get things in balance again?

Only the very first time I went to the hospital I really didn't know what was going on. I was very bad off, my DH had talked to the Dr. the night before and he had instructed him what to do. He took me to the hospital the next day walked me in and handed me off to someone and turned around and walked out. I was so upset and hurt that he just left me in this strange place with all of these crazy people, I literally cried myself to sleep that night. I was in this treatment program for 1 month. That is the worse I have ever been and was when I was first diagnosed.

Since then I have been active in my treatment and recognize when I am going to a bad place and seek more intensive help. Never had to sign any powers over or have them taken away.

BBM, I think so too. She parked in his parking spot, left post it notes for him all over the house about her killing the kids saying "I stomped your heart" This was aimed at him. Not really about the kids and she was jealous over the seemly better relationship he had with them. Not denying she has a mental illness, but it appears that she's only trying to use it as justification for killing her kids.

I was disgusted with her note "apologizing" for taking PS garage parking space to park her van with poor Beau's body in the passenger seat. :(

Has there been any evidence introduced yet that supports the schizophrenia diagnosis?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

"Schizoaffective disorder"..........nope, only in the defense's opening statement. But they said in their opening that they would have both her therapist and Dr. testify.

only the very first time i went to the hospital i really didn't know what was going on. I was very bad off, my dh had talked to the dr. The night before and he had instructed him what to do. He took me to the hospital the next day walked me in and handed me off to someone and turned around and walked out. I was so upset and hurt that he just left me in this strange place with all of these crazy people, i literally cried myself to sleep that night. I was in this treatment program for 1 month. That is the worse i have ever been and was when i was first diagnosed.

Since then i have been active in my treatment and recognize when i am going to a bad place and seek more intensive help. Never had to sign any powers over or have them taken away.

:heartbeat: Thanks for sharing that. I can remember being hospitalized & I was unable to remember the date, who was president--it was as if my brain just stopped working! I was also unable to count backwards by 7's--and all I could manage was to just sleep. I was in a total fog (not like Jodi Arais'!) for a long time--this was in my early 20's. I am 5'9" & at that time I got down to 118 lbs (size 3) b/c I could not eat.

I'm thankful that there are so many medications available today--so much more than what I had access to when I was diagnosed.

I am now an "expert" on how I'm feeling, like you are, and I know when things are not feeling right. I have a great doctor who is on top of knowing about new meds, combinations, etc. & we just work to find a solution. Mental illness is no different than any other chronic illness--you must manage it.

JS was abusing pain killers and alcohol--she was not managing her illness, and now she wants to blame her illness for her actions. :moo:

I totally agree, and I believe she is aware of what is going on. I believe she was totally aware of the fact that she killed the 2 children. I think she self medicated or over medicated and drank after she killed them.

I also believe Parker knew how she manipulated everyone.

I can tell you first hand depression is the pits. It's hard to describe, but using JA's "the fog" does sum it up in some ways. You definitely feel it in your head & it's like your brain is surrounded by a fog, it's a sensation that you have in your head. Your thought processes & concentration are severely impacted & most sufferers will also suffer from anxiety or panic attacks or both. My hands shake terribly which can be very embarrassing as it's quite visible. I know she is also bi-polar but I just can't see this well thought out plan being carried out by someone in a severe depressed state, it required too much concentration. Even a manic depressed state doesn't fit as when manic you go straight for it, like a bull in a china shop. When depressed you avoid venturing into the outside world, it's an effort to get yourself out of bed & get dressed, let alone have a shower & brush your hair, you basically just don't function. Her thought process alone reeks of revenge, heck I live a 5 minute drive from my local supermarket & on a bad day I will make a wrong turn & then wonder where I was originally heading to, that's how bad your concentration level gets.

:heartbeat: Thanks for sharing that. I can remember being hospitalized & I was unable to remember the date, who was president--it was as if my brain just stopped working! I was also unable to count backwards by 7's--and all I could manage was to just sleep. I was in a total fog (not like Jodi Arais'!) for a long time--this was in my early 20's. I am 5'9" & at that time I got down to 118 lbs (size 3) b/c I could not eat.

I'm thankful that there are so many medications available today--so much more than what I had access to when I was diagnosed.

I am now an "expert" on how I'm feeling, like you are, and I know when things are not feeling right. I have a great doctor who is on top of knowing about new meds, combinations, etc. & we just work to find a solution. Mental illness is no different than any other chronic illness--you must manage it.

JS was abusing pain killers and alcohol--she was not managing her illness, and now she wants to blame her illness for her actions. :moo:

Even though we have different diagnosis I can totally relate to your symptoms. I was approaching my 30's and was 5' 6" and had gotten down to 106, a Dr. accused me of being anorexic. I wasn't, it was my MI that was making me not able to eat, plus my IBS was acting up alot due to stress.

I am also glad for the medications, it is also hard trying to find just the right mix.

I also suffer from chronic back pain, and have had 2 back surgery's. That can make the depression worse and a viscous cycle. So I also take pain meds, but on a as needed basis. I do not abuse them and I know better not to abuse or I won't be able to get them. I can be in severe pain before I will break down and take a pill.

Sometime you do want to just curl up and bawl!

Add: I never have wanted to kill or murder anyone.

I can tell you first hand depression is the pits. It's hard to describe, but using JA's "the fog" does sum it up in some ways. You definitely feel it in your head & it's like your brain is surrounded by a fog, it's a sensation that you have in your head. Your thought processes & concentration are severely impacted & most sufferers will also suffer from anxiety or panic attacks or both. My hands shake terribly which can be very embarrassing as it's quite visible. I know she is also bi-polar but I just can't see this well thought out plan being carried out by someone in a severe depressed state, it required too much concentration. Even a manic depressed state doesn't fit as when manic you go straight for it, like a bull in a china shop. When depressed you avoid venturing into the outside world, it's an effort to get yourself out of bed & get dressed, let alone have a shower & brush your hair, you basically just don't function. Her thought process alone reeks of revenge, heck I live a 5 minute drive from my local supermarket & on a bad day I will make a wrong turn & then wonder where I was originally heading to, that's how bad your concentration level gets.

I agree Margaret about the fog, but I describe more of a fuzziness in the head. I will just not get out and make excuses and my DH will go out or before he retired he would stop by the store.

I still have a hard time getting out to go places, and will stay cooped up in my house. Especially now that my kids are all grown, unless I am going to see my grandkids.

I agree Margaret about the fog, but I describe more of a fuzziness in the head. I will just not get out and make excuses and my DH will go out or before he retired he would stop by the store.

I still have a hard time getting out to go places, and will stay cooped up in my house. Especially now that my kids are all grown, unless I am going to see my grandkids.

Agreed, best I could think of at the time, the sensation is so hard to describe to a non sufferer, but you know your head isn't what it used to be prior to suffering depression. I'm just watching the start of day 3 & her performance, I think she was singing la-de-dah in her head & saying I'm not listening to you today lol

Even though we have different diagnosis I can totally relate to your symptoms. I was approaching my 30's and was 5' 6" and had gotten down to 106, a Dr. accused me of being anorexic. I wasn't, it was my MI that was making me not able to eat, plus my IBS was acting up alot due to stress.

I am also glad for the medications, it is also hard trying to find just the right mix.

I also suffer from chronic back pain, and have had 2 back surgery's. That can make the depression worse and a viscous cycle. So I also take pain meds, but on a as needed basis. I do not abuse them and I know better not to abuse or I won't be able to get them. I can be in severe pain before I will break down and take a pill.

Sometime you do want to just curl up and bawl!

Add: I never have wanted to kill or murder anyone.

I know it's really difficult to deal with physical pain on top of depression! I frequently have more depressed and/or manic symptoms when I get the flu or a bad cold--and another difficult thing is to find the right med "combo."

I thought it was telling that JS's Oxycontin & Hydrocodone bottles were empty & her psych meds weren't!

I also heard her lawyer mention that she was shaking and staggering during the perp walk due to "Lithium toxicity"--so apparently, she only took an overdose of Lithium, not other drugs that may have been more likely to cause death in an overdose. (I did not hear the defense mention that she had also taken the pain pills in overdose...)

'She was discharged before a blood test could be administered and was only charged with one count of careless driving."

Dear Angels In Heaven - this woman is amazingly ''lucky'' or devious -- how can you deek out of a hospital after a MVA without getting a blood test for BAC? Did she sweetly smile and say I am just going out for a cigarette or what LOL

Crazy like a fox

Nowhere in that report does it mention alcohol, "The driver of vehicle 1 shows signs of drug impairment..........dilated pupils, mushed mouth speech..." Pg 3, narrative, also noted under the box "ALC/DRUG" the number "3", which indicates "Drugs-Under the Influence".
http://download.gannett.edgesuite.net/wtsp/pdfs/2011/julie_schenecker_crash_report.pdf

The ER would have asked her any existing conditions and what meds she was taking. Common side effects of prescribed psychotropic medications are mush mouth, and dilated pupils. Factor in the TD's involuntary movements. If she was answering questions posed by the ER correctly, they would have seen it as "physical side effects", not "mental impairment", taken no blood and released her.
The LE on scene should have requested the "Certified 1st Aider" to notify the ER to hold for blood test. LE on scene didn't even bother to take pictures of the accident, which would have been extremely relevant if they had wanted to pursue an "Under the Influence" charge.
She rear ended a landscape trailer, attached to a truck, when it slowed to make a turn. She was going an "Estimated" 70 mph in a 55 mph zone, 15 mph +/- the speed limit. She gets cited for "Careless Driving".

I know it's really difficult to deal with physical pain on top of depression! I frequently have more depressed and/or manic symptoms when I get the flu or a bad cold--and another difficult thing is to find the right med "combo."

I thought it was telling that JS's Oxycontin & Hydrocodone bottles were empty & her psych meds weren't!

I also heard her lawyer mention that she was shaking and staggering during the perp walk due to "Lithium toxicity"--so apparently, she only took an overdose of Lithium, not other drugs that may have been more likely to cause death in an overdose. (I did not hear the defense mention that she had also taken the pain pills in overdose...)

As I recall the dates read on the Oxycontin & Hydrocodone 30 tabs were from 2010 so maybe that's why they were empty. I have many RX bottles laying around empty from years ago. Her other meds were recent in Jan 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle