GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when I drank like a fish and abused drugs for those many years I wasn't having a major pity party??? Ya mean I didn't have to go to AA and find out until I accepted responsibility, until I grew up, I'd still turn to chemicals to escape?

Man If I had known I was 'self medicating' I could have been really feeling bad for poor, little, misunderstood me.

That term (and theory) had its start in the seventies. To me, it's just a euphemism for getting drunk and high.

"You are self medicating, which is bad. Here, take these pills instead!"

The witness just said she had not seen the gun store video, but she referred to JS acting normally in the video, interacting with the staff etc. Interesting?

I don't understand how the doc could say that JS had to be insane because sane people don't kill their children. What about child abuse? Are all child abusers insane? Or does that only apply to killing children? What if they killed their child while abusing them? Is that an accident, or are they insane?

That just makes no sense to me.

IMO according to this doctor they are all psychotic. All the people who shook or beat the child to death. That wasn't a fit of anger. No that was a psychotic break. All the people who torture or starve the child to death-another psychotic break.

Heck let all murderers out of prison. Enough those that planned and carried out the killing. All psychotic breaks that conveniently came when the person first entered the planning phase and miraculously cleared up when they killed their target.

Dr. S testimony:

State: would you immediately Baker Act a patient w/ moderate depression

Dr. S: No

State: would you immediately Baker Act a patient w/ suicidal thoughts?

Dr. S: No, that's why she wasn't hospitalized.

State: Did you have a video of Def buying gun?

Dr. S: No

State: So your opinion is without having observed?

Dr. S: It wouldn't change my opnion

State: Your tests give you an idea of how the person is thinking is at the time they take the test

Dr. S: correct

State: they don't tell you what the person was thinking at the time they committed the crime

Dr. S: correct

CarsonChambers ‏@CarsonChambers · 2m
#JulieSchenecker listening to state cross examine her clinical psychologist pic.twitter.com/RRkqJi4Qmt

Is this the last defensive witness before PS?

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 9m
State is now trying to pick apart Solomon's credentials. Says she's not certified as a forensic psychologist. #ScheneckerTrial

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 40s
Doc admits during cross she never interv Parker Schenecker and never saw vid of her buying gun which should have #JulieSchenecker

Can't quite put my finger on a reason, but I'm getting the hinkeys from listening to her testimony.

I can listen to defense experts (or prosecution experts) and pick the testimony apart. Here, I can't decide if it's her manner of speaking or what she's actually saying that bothers me.

Can't quite put my finger on a reason, but I'm getting the hinkeys from listening to her testimony.

I can listen to defense experts (or prosecution experts) and pick the testimony apart. Here, I can't decide if it's her manner of speaking or what she's actually saying that bothers me.

:ditto: :silenced:

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
Doc admits during cross changing her opinion abt #JulieSchenecker having delusions abt her daughters mental state

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 4m
Doc admits during cross she never interv Parker Schenecker and never saw vid of her buying gun which should have #JulieSchenecker

Jeff Patterson ‏@WFLAJeff · 2m
Psychologist thinks #JulieSchenecker's journal was just written ramblings. In journal she wrote of how and why she killed children

CC ‏@courtchatter · 2m
Hmmmm someone is humming in the courtroom in #scheneckertrial #JulieSchenecker

Patterson ‏@WFLAJeff · 43s
State now pointing out inconsistent testimony from Dr from deposition 8 months ago to now at #scheneckertrial

I was going to say something about the humming, but I thought you guys would think I was psychotic... :fence:

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 2m
Doc says she didn't interview Parker Schenecker, but she read his deposition #ScheneckerTrial

Dr. S testimony
She never interviewed PS

She thought JS's writings prior to shooting was just ramblings. Including purchasing fire arm.

On Personality Inventory, she scored high for disosiative thinking, but not on the Dissociative test, in a clinical range for someone with bipolar disorder, but not esp. high.

JS believed her daughter was becoming bipolar -- continuing to worry about it and believe it could be considered delusional thinking. At time of deposition, Dr. S said she didn't think it was delusional, but later Dr. S read more records and realized it was an ongoing thought process. At time of deposition she hadn't completed reading all the medical records. She said she was still reading at 11:30 last night.

JS goes in and out of psychotic thinking, after she went out of anti-psych meds, downward spiral. Didn't interview PS directly, Dr. S read his deposition. Nov. 6 deposition she indicated her insanity was exacerbated during the 6 months prior to killings. Seeing people at USF during that period - Dr. Obregon, Psychiatrist. Seeing counselor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutalicy