GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Sleuthster, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

2. janx

janx Well-Known Member

That term (and theory) had its start in the seventies. To me, it's just a euphemism for getting drunk and high.

"You are self medicating, which is bad. Here, take these pills instead!"

3. azmama

azmama Member

The witness just said she had not seen the gun store video, but she referred to JS acting normally in the video, interacting with the staff etc. Interesting?

4. CUCKOOHEAD

CUCKOOHEAD New Member

IMO according to this doctor they are all psychotic. All the people who shook or beat the child to death. That wasn't a fit of anger. No that was a psychotic break. All the people who torture or starve the child to death-another psychotic break.

Heck let all murderers out of prison. Enough those that planned and carried out the killing. All psychotic breaks that conveniently came when the person first entered the planning phase and miraculously cleared up when they killed their target.

5. Abigail

Abigail Well-Known Member

Dr. S testimony:

State: would you immediately Baker Act a patient w/ moderate depression

Dr. S: No

State: would you immediately Baker Act a patient w/ suicidal thoughts?

Dr. S: No, that's why she wasn't hospitalized.

State: Did you have a video of Def buying gun?

Dr. S: No

State: So your opinion is without having observed?

Dr. S: It wouldn't change my opnion

State: Your tests give you an idea of how the person is thinking is at the time they take the test

Dr. S: correct

State: they don't tell you what the person was thinking at the time they committed the crime

Dr. S: correct

6. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

CarsonChambers ‏@CarsonChambers · 2m
    #JulieSchenecker listening to state cross examine her clinical psychologist pic.twitter.com/RRkqJi4Qmt

7. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

:silenced:

8. CUCKOOHEAD

CUCKOOHEAD New Member

Doc on the ropes

9. geevee

geevee Well-Known Stickie

Is this the last defensive witness before PS?

10. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 9m
    State is now trying to pick apart Solomon's credentials. Says she's not certified as a forensic psychologist. #ScheneckerTrial

11. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 40s
    Doc admits during cross she never interv Parker Schenecker and never saw vid of her buying gun which should have #JulieSchenecker

12. Jewels53

Jewels53 Well-Known Member

Thank you Chelly and others that have compassion for the MI. This has been a delicate case.

13. CarolinaMoon

CarolinaMoon Well-Known Member

Can't quite put my finger on a reason, but I'm getting the hinkeys from listening to her testimony.

I can listen to defense experts (or prosecution experts) and pick the testimony apart. Here, I can't decide if it's her manner of speaking or what she's actually saying that bothers me.

14. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

:ditto: :silenced:

15. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
    Doc admits during cross changing her opinion abt #JulieSchenecker having delusions abt her daughters mental state

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 4m
    Doc admits during cross she never interv Parker Schenecker and never saw vid of her buying gun which should have #JulieSchenecker

16. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

Jeff Patterson ‏@WFLAJeff · 2m
    Psychologist thinks #JulieSchenecker's journal was just written ramblings. In journal she wrote of how and why she killed children

CC ‏@courtchatter · 2m
    Hmmmm someone is humming in the courtroom in #scheneckertrial #JulieSchenecker

17. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

Patterson ‏@WFLAJeff · 43s
    State now pointing out inconsistent testimony from Dr from deposition 8 months ago to now at #scheneckertrial

18. janx

janx Well-Known Member

I was going to say something about the humming, but I thought you guys would think I was psychotic... :fence:

19. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 2m
    Doc says she didn't interview Parker Schenecker, but she read his deposition #ScheneckerTrial

20. Abigail

Abigail Well-Known Member

Dr. S testimony
    She never interviewed PS

She thought JS's writings prior to shooting was just ramblings. Including purchasing fire arm.

On Personality Inventory, she scored high for disosiative thinking, but not on the Dissociative test, in a clinical range for someone with bipolar disorder, but not esp. high.

JS believed her daughter was becoming bipolar -- continuing to worry about it and believe it could be considered delusional thinking. At time of deposition, Dr. S said she didn't think it was delusional, but later Dr. S read more records and realized it was an ongoing thought process. At time of deposition she hadn't completed reading all the medical records. She said she was still reading at 11:30 last night.

JS goes in and out of psychotic thinking, after she went out of anti-psych meds, downward spiral. Didn't interview PS directly, Dr. S read his deposition. Nov. 6 deposition she indicated her insanity was exacerbated during the 6 months prior to killings. Seeing people at USF during that period - Dr. Obregon, Psychiatrist. Seeing counselor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.