GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

Maher reviewed "emails and very poignant and tragic handwritten notes she made in a spiral notebook." #ScheneckerTrial

Jeff Patterson ‏@WFLAJeff · 3m
Psychiatrist says #JulieSchenecker's journal is poignant and tragic

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 59s
Dr Maher has authority to prescribe medication #JulieScenecker

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 32s
She was on a powerful cocktail of meds says doc abt #JulieSchenecker

The defense spent almost half an hour on this psychiatrist's credentials alone.

I'm a bit surprised that Dr. Solomon didn't bring up JS's suggestion that a "bonus" be paid so she wouldn't have to go to jail (during her interrogation). Wouldn't that be a strong indication that she didn't comprehend the wrongfulness of her actions?

Also, she mentioned once, almost in passing, that JS seems to not understand that her children are not really dead (or, perhaps, that this understanding comes and goes). If I were her, I'd have reiterated that as an example of how JS floats in and out of a psychotic state.

Another point that no one's brought up yet - -JS talking about the squeaky chair when asked if she understands she can have a lawyer present (when read her Miranda rights).

I think the defense is dropping the ball.

BBM: The defendant's "issues" the other day with understanding the stipulation regarding the date of her children's death conveniently gives weight to this testimony.

What I can not decide yet, is is she really in a psychotic state OR is she just so intelligent that she is faking it - and is picking and choosing her moments to have outbursts to make a lasting effect on the jury?

I honestly do not know and I'm left feeling so conflicted about her.

11:01 AM

Twitter
carsonchambers

@CarsonChambers

Forensic Psychiatrist was on anti-depressants, anti-psychotics, mood stabilizers ~ as many as 8-10 RX meds #JulieSchenecker

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
#JulieSchenecker Meds couldn't control her symptoms much less cure them says doc

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 14s
Doc explains Psychosis: disorder of the brain and the mind. Person is out of touch w reality. #JulieSchenecker

Older medical records relevant. First thing on his mind -- does this person have any medical conditions? Do they have any psychiatric conditions?

Dr. M said that JS had good documentation of treatment -- particularly Walter Reed hospitalization -- JS was on an incredibly diverse and powerful cocktail of meds -- continuous seam of continuing to use powerful meds with adverse side effects, and even with that, much of the time, the powerful meds could not control her symptoms. She was on multiple medications - as many as 8 to 10 meds at one time.

Defined psychosis - disorder of brain/mind - where person has ideas that don't connect with reality. Out of touch with reality in some meaningful and substantial way. May include hallucination (see/hear things that aren't really happen) or delusions (bizarre beliefs) or though disorder (pattern of illogical thinking out of touch with common sense and reality)

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 51s
Doc says march 2007 #JulieSchenecker had a psychotic episode. Does not give details of episode tho

I think if the defense has a prayer of prevailing, they should end their case with this doctor, he's quite convincing.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 23s
Most serious mental health disorders have episodes it's not a constant It comes and goes. #JulieSchenecker

He is explaining MI issue very well IMO. He seems to know his stuff and appears confident. They are all floundering on cross though...so it'll be interesting how he responds.

Twitter
ABCActionNewsCourt

@actionnewscourt

Maher: family members may not recognize mental illness every single day. Most serious mental health disorders episodic. #ScheneckerTrial

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 46s
Observation: #JulieSchenecker crying

wth

This woman wasn't insane at the time of the execution of her children. She was a mess pure & simple, a self inflicted mess. Yes she suffered from MI, but the driving force for this execution was a vindictive rage, caused by her heavy consumption of alcohol mixed with prescription medication.

MHO

Our prisons are full of similar people.

JMO

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 1m
Maher says when people suffer from bipolar disorder, they don't feel sick everyday #JulieSchenecker

JS wiping away her eyes. Is she tired or moved by this doctor's testimony?

I think if the defense has a prayer of prevailing, they should end their case with this doctor, he's quite convincing.

YES!!
:loveyou: I am liking this Dr.'s testimony and am glad for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member