GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Sleuthster, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

aha! 60% of BPD have substance abuse issues

in her case though starting around 50 yrs of age she develops alcohol abuse

2. Rhozwen

Rhozwen Well-Known Member

Def asked how to treat someone with bi-polar disorder AND substance abuse issues.

Doctor states you would treat and focus on getting bi-polar handled first, get mood stabilized and THEN treat substance abuse second.

Def then asks - Would you treat bi-polar disorder first, or would you treat the bi-polar and substance abuse at the same time?

If you were listening to your witness, you could have skipped that question! :banghead:

3. seattlechiquita

seattlechiquita Well-Known Member

I'm awake! I'm awake! I'm awake! No, I'm not.... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

4. Jewels53

Jewels53 Well-Known Member

Yes! Part of this problem is the defense attorney. jmo :truce:

5. Abigail

Abigail Well-Known Member

Thought Parker had put video taping in the home to video her when he wasn't there. Paranoid thinking.

JS's case very tricky. Soon after put on an anti-depressant began having hallucinations. So, had to have the anti-depressant changed.

JS was more refractory in her bipolar. Difficult to control, even when in an institutional setting where she was getting meds regularly, not abusing alcohol.

In 2007, JS was coming out of a psychotic episode when the family moved to Florida. They lowered Abilify which resulted in developing paranoia, so anti-psychotic meds increased. Also experiencing grandiosity -- such as she had to get pregnant and create a baby, and then give the baby up for adoption to atone for an abortion she had in the past.

Also spoke of taking psychiatrist's comb and getting DNA to impregnant herself -- psychotic thinking.

A person having psychotic thinking may appear normal.

6. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

Her thinking appeared slow in Nov and Dec---think it could also go to the drinking and drugging?????

7. Abigail

some types of psychosis don't prevent someone from doing routine tasks - getting dressed, driving, mowing lawn

psychiatric notes are just glimpses, tip of iceberg, of what's actually going on in her life -- they were noted when she was functional enough to make her way to the doctor's office on time, on her own

Dr. Myers familiar with program at USF because he was with the Dept. of Psychiatry - he used to run the forensic psychiatry program there.

8. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

if she is telling Beth Marsh she thinks suicide daily--why no hospitalization

9. Rhozwen

Rhozwen Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I really want to listen to this, I feel it's very important as the entire case relies on her mental illness. This defense attny has such a monotone voice it reminds me of the teacher from Charlie Brown.
    It's grating on my nerves at this point.
    She's clearly reading from a list a questions and has not personalized it at all.

Not everyone can be like :crush:Juan Martinez and question witnesses from memory, I get that, but for pete's sake at least allow your voice to have some kind of inflection! Holy Balls! :eek:

10. CUCKOOHEAD

CUCKOOHEAD New Member

I've invented stuff in my dreams and woken up in the middle of it to write it down and then completely woke up and thought that stuff I was working so hard on wasn't even real science to begin with. I get pi$$ed that I wasted my time asleep dreaming that stuff. :floorlaugh:

Can I please get serious about this inventing stuff!

11. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

sorry dude, not buying what you're selling...

12. Abigail

JS was being seen by different medical residents, as they progressed through their training. She was attending individual therapy during most of her treatment at USF. Mostly Beth Marsh. Dr. Myers worked with Beth Marsh. Role of psychiatrist concentrates on biological end of treatment, while therapist works with daily living, relationship issues. Typical session with a psychiatrist would vary in length and frequency depending on the patient's needs.

13. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Holy balls..?? :lol:

14. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

BS a doctor- get some meds that cause mania... voila'!

15. Abigail

60% of patients with bipolar abuse alcohol and/or drugs. Several theories as to why.

16. zoey

zoey Well-Known Member

12:32 PM

Twitter
    carsonchambers

@CarsonChambers

3RD Doc on stand says he believes #JulieSchenecker was insane at time of murders ~ doing what she felt in her heart was morally justified

17. Abigail

JS had no substance abuse problems until she was almost 50.

Around 2006 she began having paranoid symptoms, thought disorder, manic symptoms.

Around 2009, she thought there were cameras in the room. Around middle of 2010 really began going downhill, when her high dose of Abilify was tapered off and stopped in June.

18. aliciabal

aliciabal Member

Stands for very respectfully:)

19. Ranchgirl

Ranchgirl Active Member

Why didn't one of the professionals she was seeing at the time put her in a hospital? Her husband had no clue what he was dealing with..they did. I am getting very angry about this. The deaths of these children could have been prevented if the professionals had sounded some kind of alarm! Grrr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

Retweeted by Gloria Gomez, FOX 13
    Scott Jones ‏@CaseySJones 2m
    Julie Schenecker appears to recognize, then winks at someone in the courtroom. https://vine.co/v/MXzhUF00EXi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.