GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
has any of these interviews been released? I know from that other trial in FL. documents were released...sunshine laws and all...

In her interrogation on Jan 28, 2011, most of her answers to questions seemed logical in isolation, but when put all together, there were many contradictions and inconsistencies that indicate lack of rational thought. She was overdosed at the time she gave her statement. Her statements in the police interview were reflexive responses revealing spontaneous thoughts that came to her mind, some that were unconnected and irrational.

In speaking of the children in the present tense, could it be possible she didn't really know the children were dead. That is possible.

Was alcohol a major contributor? It's difficult to say what particular motivation moved her from thought or plan to action. Alcohol or drugs alone cannot explain her state of mind. On the other hand, the severity of her mental illness may be enough to explain it. In the real world, it's never completely clear. It's primarily her mental health problem, but the alcohol and drug use all certainly had a negative effect. I would certainly say that this event does not occur...
(objection)

When did JS say she wanted to become impregnated by an ex boyfriend? Was this doing the time that her teenage kids were sassing her and her husband was talking divorce?

Both prosecution and defense have stepped up their game for this witness - presumably because he is SO important for the outcome of the case.

Doc sez murders wouldn't have happened were JS not mentally ill. While I concur, I don't think this makes her legally insane. She KNEW what she was doing was wrong.

This event does not occur without mental illness. Alcohol and drugs alone do not explain this disturbing behavior.

Can the bond between mother and children be adversely affected by mental illness? Certainly.

The role of mental illness in this incident -- she would not have killed her children if she wasn't mentally ill.

Does mental illness override any consideration of alcohol abuse or pill abuse or non-compliance? The fundamental problem is the terrible and long-standing, chronic, worsening mental illness, going back 10 years, 20 years and getting worse. Many factors contributed -- lack of compliance, family issues, prescribed opiates. It was the mental illness that contributed to and made possible all the other things. It's not whether she's taking her drugs or not.

Tampa Bay Times Live ‏@TBTimesLive · 6m
Maher: "It is very to clear to me that alcohol or drugs alone cannot possibly describe her state of mind, her behavior" #ScheneckerTrial

wow court days in FL are mighty good.....better than AZ

witness excused. JS looks exhausted.

15 min break

Retweeted by CC
Mandy McGlothlin ‏@MandyMcGlothlin 16m
#JulieSchenecker Why we're here. RIP Beau and Caylx ♡ pic.twitter.com/6yQvJX5s4J

Attachments

• BndnI-fCcAAVKwR.jpg
    BndnI-fCcAAVKwR.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 32
wow court days in FL are mighty good.....better than AZ

yup. I remember in the trialthatshallnotberemembered, judge ran an efficient court and always told people that if they played stupid, they would call them in on weekends :floorlaugh:

I laid down a bit and listened, and dozed a bit and missed when cross went to re-direct. Quite frankly, there were (IMHO) just as many answered that supported the prosecution as the defense.

I've never noticed in any other FL trial where the defendant is handcuffed after entering the courtroom and leaving when the jury isn't there. Wonder why? Are they worried she will throw a fit or something and want her under control?

Retweeted by CC
Mandy McGlothlin ‏@MandyMcGlothlin 16m
#JulieSchenecker Why we're here. RIP Beau and Caylx pic.twitter.com/6yQvJX5s4J

Beautiful kids. Gone too soon. Rest in peace you brave little angels.

I laid down a bit and listened, and dozed a bit and missed when cross went to re-direct. Quite frankly, there were (IMHO) just as many answered that supported the prosecution as the defense.

I've never noticed in any other FL trial where the defendant is handcuffed after entering the courtroom and leaving when the jury isn't there. Wonder why? Are they worried she will throw a fit or something and want her under control?

I noticed that as well....

Fox's stream just started playing their 5 o'clock news, does any other stream still have the trial?

ETA: Nevermind, have the seal up on WAT.

I have never seen a defendant listen to the side bars. This is a first for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson