GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was over New Years too (left on the 31st of December and came back Jan 2 if I recall correctly)

So she came home at the end of November (sunday after Thanksgiving)....MIL was at house....house was decorated (MIL left just before Xmas)....then hubby goes away with Beau for New Years.....11 days later her 50th birthday (no discussion anywhere about that day)....then of course less than 2 weeks later she's buying a gun

I should go back on other thread from this morning -- but doesn't this also coincide with his 2x return trip to California to rack up frequent air miles?

I'm sorry but that going back and forth cross county is complete b.s. nothing more. Anyone that believes that well I just don't know. I thought I was hearing things...this guy goes back and forth to the middle east and I'm sure he travels business class ...he is not short for miles. He has a seriously ill wife and kids that hate their mother and he needs to take these trips??? Anyone traveling as much as he does has no desire to get on a plane unless they have to. He also took a few other non work related trips but the defense just left us hanging as to what that was about. PS did not kill his kids and he is not on trial but there is alot more going on with him than anyone wlll ever know and since it is not part of this trial we should not really know.

Is Dr Marsh going to be testifying?

not unless she is being called on rebuttal. Her deposition was taken much earlier. I am wondering why the defense did not call her? Apparently she was not going to help their case...why? It seems odd as I think her testimony would be alot more valuable than the doc today who only saw her AFTER the murders.

One piece of info from Parker's testimony today that I found interesting was that he met Julie because she was his volleyball coach. I don't think that's particularly significant but I was surprised to see she was technically the "authority figure" at the start of their relationship.

I hope so too... plus the hospital doesn't make a determination of BAC vis-à-vis any arrest, that would be the police. I thought I read that she left the hospital before blood was taken... anyone remember?

Yes, it was in the police report that she'd already left the hospital before the officer got there to order a blood draw. Parker picked her up. I think he may have purposefully whisked her out of there so there wouldn't be a blood draw. Usually a person is in ER for hours.

My son is deemed disabled by psychiatrist. He is non functional, hears voices nonstop, delusions, voices through walls, cameras in TV, people on TV are communicating to him, the whole nine yards.

He's wears headphones with LOUD music all the time to try and drown out the voices, sleeps with pillows covering his ears.

Thinks aliens are in the toilets and closets. It's so horrible. I cry daily.

If she was so bad why wasn't she on disability?

They had good insurance through the military, so wouldn't have needed that. Parker's income would have disqualified her from getting SSI.

BTW, if your son is over 18, make sure you have guardianship papers (or at least medical power of attorney) drawn up for you by an attorney. Otherwise, if he has to be admitted, due to Hippa the hospital will not communicate with you regarding his care, meds, or even when he's to be released.

Thanks for the videos of today's testimony but part 3 is missing (it goes 1-2-2-4-5-6)...
can you let me know the source so I can check for part 3?

After hearing the testimony today, I do not think her family knew how far "gone" she was. I do not understand, as I have written before, why none of the mental health professionals raised an alarm? They knew.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They DID know. From testimony today, we learned that she expressed (at Windmoor?) in NOVEMBER that she'd had thoughts of killing herself and the kids using carbon monoxide poisoning.

And also learned today that in her appointment with Beth Marsh on Jan 20, she was almost catatonic.

And she missed a full month of appointments with her psychiatrist in January -- for someone going downhill, that is NOT a good sign.

ETA: And she told Beth Marsh at the end of November that she was thinking about suicide on a daily basis.

One piece of info from Parker's testimony today that I found interesting was that he met Julie because she was his volleyball coach. I don't think that's particularly significant but I was surprised to see she was technically the "authority figure" at the start of their relationship.

And yet by viewing the email evidence, I was convinced that these two people (who are slightly younger than I am) seemed to have had at one point a marriage based on friendship and respect. I don't think that Parker was the authority figure that some people assumed him to be (no doubt because he was career military). He didn't come across to me that way at all. He seemed to have finally hit a point at which he had to assert himself for the well being of his children, although he should probably have done that sooner. I'm not going to judge the guy; he appears to have loved his wife, but there is always denial in cases like this--it's human nature.

Thanks for the videos of today's testimony but part 3 is missing (it goes 1-2-2-4-5-6)...
can you let me know the source so I can check for part 3?

Fixed it and added the last 2 segments in a new post.
Also, if you click on the top of the video (The blue boxed part) it takes you directly to the YouTube page. But for the record it is Croaker Queens YT channel.

They DID know. From testimony today, we learned that she expressed (at Windmoor?) in NOVEMBER that she'd had thoughts of killing herself and the kids using carbon monoxide poisoning.

And also learned today that in her appointment with Beth Marsh on Jan 20, she was almost catatonic.

And she missed a full month of appointments with her psychiatrist in January -- for someone going downhill, that is NOT a good sign.

ETA: And she told Beth Marsh at the end of November that she was thinking about suicide on a daily basis.

And I really want to know why Beth Marsh is not being called by the defense?

Court Chatter TV ‏@CourtChatterTV 1m
Defense rests in the #ScheneckerTrial. #JulieSchenecker

Wow, this trial is screamin' by and warp-speed.

AZ really should take note. :facepalm:

not unless she is being called on rebuttal. Her deposition was taken much earlier. I am wondering why the defense did not call her? Apparently she was not going to help their case...why? It seems odd as I think her testimony would be alot more valuable than the doc today who only saw her AFTER the murders.

The only thing I can think of is either she would not help her case because JS told her things they don't want revealed, OR she is being called during rebut.

Does anyone have a witness list for rebuttal?

Was that the last psychiatrist?Can the pros call her on rebuttal? Compel her to testify?

they can call her on rebuttal...just seems odd as she clearly can confirm the extent of the mental illness and it seems she was told by Julie more than once about wanting to commit suicide and also kill the kids. Sure seems like so many of these people should have committed her voluntary or other.

Just looked it up Beth Marsh is on the witness list for the prosecution. They added her 4/03/2014 so maybe we will see her tomorrow. it is interesting that apparently she does not have anything to add to the idea of insanity but rather will testify of Julie's ability to know right from wrong.

she didn't shoot herself because it was "messy"....

Don't forget she was found lying prone on the floor of the lanai, fast asleep . She was too tired to use the revolver on herself after her hectic day.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yes, it was in the police report that she'd already left the hospital before the officer got there to order a blood draw. Parker picked her up. I think he may have purposefully whisked her out of there so there wouldn't be a blood draw. Usually a person is in ER for hours.

Not for this kind of incident but HOURS. ;)

So much of the questioning of the psychiatrists reminds me of the Jodi Arias trial

Don't you miss hearing about "data points", "collateral information" and the word "continuum" ?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Oh my, I didn't watch from just before lunch to the end of the day and I think I am about 20 pages of posts and several hours of testimony behind :/

Marking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members