GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had good insurance through the military, so wouldn't have needed that. Parker's income would have disqualified her from getting SSI.

BTW, if your son is over 18, make sure you have guardianship papers (or at least medical power of attorney) drawn up for you by an attorney. Otherwise, if he has to be admitted, due to Hippa the hospital will not communicate with you regarding his care, meds, or even when he's to be released.

Actually not so regarding SSDI. I get SSDI and my husband makes, well, a good amount. I paid into the system for 33 years and was entitled to it. I also received SSI for my daughter while she was in high school. None of it had any bearing on my husband's income, which has always been FAR greater than mine.

ETA: Great point about the medical power of attorney.

One of the things that has bothered me about JS and PS divorce: The assets will be divided accordingly after the criminal case ends. If PS inherited a large sum from his father, should JS be entitled to it? Considering that she murdered their 2 children? They have assets of 3M.

One of the things that has bothered me about JS and PS divorce: The assets will be divided accordingly after the criminal case ends. If PS inherited a large sum from his father, should JS be entitled to it? Considering that she murdered their 2 children? They have assets of 3M.

not sure how such a divison would go but it seems that JS should pay back the state for her attorneys...seems she is far from indigent.'

not sure how such a divison would go but it seems that JS should pay back the state for her attorneys...seems she is far from indigent.'

ETA: my previous thoughts weren't entirely correct. I found two articles that answer this better than I could

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...ilty-to-killing-children-keeps-public/1151928

"In an application for criminal indigent status, Mrs. Schenecker listed her assets, including a $20,000 bank account, $120,000 in mutual funds, $2,850 in rental income, $14,000 in savings and $17,000 equity in real estate. She put an asterisk next to them:

Owned with husband, she wrote.

"In the event Defendant's husband proceeds to dissolve their marriage," Fraser wrote in a court motion, "two cars owned by Defendant and the money market account will be marital assets subject to equitable distribution."

On the form, Schenecker listed more than $800,000 in liabilities and debts."

and

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...-suit-against-wife-designed-to-offset/1168638

"Julie Schenecker filed a response last month. She demanded half their assets, $50,000 in legal costs, permanent alimony, her diamond engagement ring and a life insurance policy on Parker Schenecker with her as the beneficiary."

"If Julie Schenecker is sentenced to prison or a mental hospital, the judge likely would not order alimony or the life insurance policy as a guarantee, legal experts said.

But state law will almost certainly uphold the rest of her demands, they said."

Regarding the wrongful death suit filed by PS, the same article states:
""It's a backup plan," said Barry Cohen, a local criminal defense lawyer. "Whatever she gets, they'll take back in the wrongful-death case, and that's good lawyering.""

Actually not so regarding SSDI. I get SSDI and my husband makes, well, a good amount. I paid into the system for 33 years and was entitled to it. I also received SSI for my daughter while she was in high school. None of it had any bearing on my husband's income, which has always been FAR greater than mine.

ETA: Great point about the medical power of attorney.

I was his conservator for years then I gave it to the public Guardian because he bullied me which made it difficult. Conservatorship ended when he went to jail that's how it works in CA. He's still incarcerated. The jail is full of MI inmates. It's just awful.

He is 31 been going through it almost 11 years. Been through every avenue offered. Nami, church, support groups, politicians, you name it.

The system sucks here for MI. There are trying to pass Laura's Law.

ETA: my previous thoughts weren't entirely correct. I found two articles that answer this better than I could

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...ilty-to-killing-children-keeps-public/1151928

"In an application for criminal indigent status, Mrs. Schenecker listed her assets, including a $20,000 bank account, $120,000 in mutual funds, $2,850 in rental income, $14,000 in savings and $17,000 equity in real estate. She put an asterisk next to them:

Owned with husband, she wrote.

"In the event Defendant's husband proceeds to dissolve their marriage," Fraser wrote in a court motion, "two cars owned by Defendant and the money market account will be marital assets subject to equitable distribution."

On the form, Schenecker listed more than $800,000 in liabilities and debts."

and

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...-suit-against-wife-designed-to-offset/1168638

"Julie Schenecker filed a response last month. She demanded half their assets, $50,000 in legal costs, permanent alimony, her diamond engagement ring and a life insurance policy on Parker Schenecker with her as the beneficiary."

"If Julie Schenecker is sentenced to prison or a mental hospital, the judge likely would not order alimony or the life insurance policy as a guarantee, legal experts said.

But state law will almost certainly uphold the rest of her demands, they said."

Regarding the wrongful death suit filed by PS, the same article states:
""It's a backup plan," said Barry Cohen, a local criminal defense lawyer. "Whatever she gets, they'll take back in the wrongful-death case, and that's good lawyering.""

Shes got a lot of nerve after she killed his children. Definitely a Narcissist to think she is deserving of all that. Unbelievable.

http://www.lewertlaw.com/Articles/How-Property-Is-Allocated-Upon-Divorce-Under-Florida-Law.shtml

from this article
"There are also several exceptions: for example, property acquired by gift or inheritance is generally not considered marital property"

so it looks like the inheritance would be kept apart from the settlement and division of property as it applies in Florida

I would can't believe any court would grant her the life insurance policy when she treated to kill him, too. jmo

I'm confused about the "winking" incident. In the photo posted on here, she is walking into court in just a red sweater. All the footage I saw of yesterday's proceedings show her wearing a black jacket all day. When did this wink happen?

Is there a link here to the live feed when court begins this morning?

Thanks

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 2m
No shocker there: #JulieSchenecker won't take the stand.

That would have been painfully long to watch imo

Agreed. I probably wouldn't have watched her testimony. Regardless of how I feel about her guilt or (not) guilty by reason of insanity, it would have been difficult for me to watch a person with MI trying to provide rational reasons for behaviors they can't control and don't understand.

Was that the last psychiatrist?Can the pros call her on rebuttal? Compel her to testify?

Late (or early) on this. T-storms shut me down last night.

In order for Marsh (psychotherapist) to testify, JS would have to sign a HIPPA release. Hers is privileged information. If she had anything positive for the defense, it was outweighed by the negatives. The defense would have been forced to open doors through which they didn't want to go.

(I'll take it back if she does testify. :seeya:

Good Morning!

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 10m
Waiting for #JulieSchenecker to make it into CR.

I'm confused about the "winking" incident. In the photo posted on here, she is walking into court in just a red sweater. All the footage I saw of yesterday's proceedings show her wearing a black jacket all day. When did this wink happen?

She wears a jacket during court and takes it off when they handcuff her to leave. jmo

her jacket comes off whenever she leaves and when she comes back she puts it on.

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 6m
Pros say rebuttal witnesses will be mental health experts to counter def witnesses. Expected to say #JulieSchenecker knew right fm wrong

CC ‏@courtchatter 12s
Defense renews their motion for judgement of acquittal. #JulieSchenecker #ScheneckerTrial

Gloria Gomez, FOX 13 ‏@ggome13 1m
Def again looking for acquittal in #JulieSchenecker case. Judge hearing arguments now.

Asking for judgment of acquittal as State did not prove their case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo