GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #7

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Coldpizza, May 5, 2014.

1. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ....

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

2. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Are you still on Oscar time ? Get back to US time for a month now minor !

3. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

bbm

Journaling is an excellent art to teach kids from an early age so that they can see their own progress. Journals are a safe way to process thoughts and challenges ..... dear friend of mine who passed away too young from cancer kept a journal from our university days...in her last days she was re-reading her journal from those early days and it brought back beautiful memories of our young perceptions and challenges.

it's an excellent coping tool for all ages.

4. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

I doubt she's ever shared genuine tears for anyone but herself. She's proved herself to be a diabolical manipulator who executed her own children and admitted she tried to turn her daughter's frown into a smile. Is she hoping for a tv movie? More attention?

The Jury decided she was not insane at the time she committed these heinous murders. She's now under the control of the department of corrections. Whether she spends the rest of her life in the hole or the equivalent in the mental wing doesn't matter because they are basically the same thing.

She is every bit as disgusting a human being as John Evander Couey.

JMO

5. minor4th

minor4th Verified Attorney

Yes my schedule is all screwed up due to OP!

6. minor4th

Just watched JS statement. Oh boy - that's gut wrenching. I think she's insane.

7. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

See you Tuesday !

8. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

I find that a VERY interesting comment coming from a lawyer. That sounds like a layman comment minor. Are you saying that in the legal term or a reactionary layman's term?

I don't see insanity for the killing ..or are you referring to insane during statement ? ..please expound if you want

9. aliciabal

aliciabal Member

Wow!! Woke up across the pond this morning to find we have a verdict! The verdict is what I expected but boy was that quick. Now, the Schenecker family ( and hopefully the powers family) can begin to move forward. I'm sure there will be an appeal but I highly doubt it will be successful. Appeals rarely are. What a sad tragic tale.

10. newone

newone 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I guess that's why I am feel sad tonight because I was sooooo sure that it was M1.....when she gave her speech I realized how much was misfiring in her being....there's something unsettling there that creates some ''reasonable doubt''. There's a huge ''defect'' there. Did anyone run IQ tests on her?? She may have been brilliant in the past but something's wrong. Brain damage comes to mind and I think someone should run some cognitive tests asap.

11. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Unfortunately perhaps ..Florida doesn't have guilty but mentally ill option? (like hemy neuman in Georgia with killing of rusty schneiderman last year )

12. minor4th

I'm just commenting as a lay person - I don't think she knows whether she's coming or going. I respect the jury verdict and can't disagree with it based on the law. It's just a shame that there isn't something between not guilty by reason of insanity - and guilty of first degree murder. kwim?

13. minor4th

P.S. I don't like Parker at all. Not that I think he is to blame; I just think he is robotic and cold and was preoccupied with his own career goals to the detriment of his family for 27 years. I've watched his eulogy at the memorial, I've read every post he's made on FB since the kids were killed, I listened to his testimony, I read his emails, and I heard his post-verdict statement. All very sterile and flat IMO

14. minor4th

From the emails, it looks like the sister was the only one who was really empathic and was trying to understand how Julie felt. She advocated for her when everyone else was pretty much fed up and angry at her.

15. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Thanks for your response as I was !shocked! to hear you put in those terms that you, as a lawyer in legal terms, thought she was insane.

I shall keep in mind in the future that you too expound reactionary statements as a lay person. See you "upside down time" next week on Oscar threads

:seeya:

16. minor4th

Not just his reaction after the murders - but his correspondence before that as well. I just don't like the guy from what I see. No big thing ATL

17. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

Military are not to show emotion. They are taught no matter what to continue the mission....which for P was to get through all of this, bury his children. His emotions are private and we will never see anything.

If JS wanted to continue on with her career, PS could have retired at 20 years, letting JS continue on. We will never know what their decisions were on this issue. No one can say it was just him deciding this, nor can we say it was her deciding this, or if it was both.

One more thing....A lot of people, like my MIL, acted robotic for a long time after her husband died. we saw no tears in public but I did when I was with her privately.

And yes, I have that military/spouse experince.

18. momrids6

momrids6 JUSTICE FOR JENNIFER

There is : diminished capacity....but they did not use that defense.

19. atthelake

atthelake Former Member

Ummmm, ok. Sister was empathetic and trying to understand. so?

She advocated and tried to be proactive and get Julie help? in what way? did she communicate her concerns and do red flags to family or doctors prior to the killings? How did she advocate?

Empathy and understanding don't affect change perhaps? Just is warm fuzzy?

I saw others in the family that were fed up/angry but ALSO advocated for her and tried to DO SOMETHING in their own way to affect change.... but not the sister. I must have missed that... links? TIA

20. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

I think liver function tests are needed.