GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #7

Ummmm, ok. Sister was empathetic and trying to understand. so?

She advocated and tried to be proactive and get Julie help? in what way? did she communicate her concerns and do red flags to family or doctors prior to the killings? How did she advocate?

Empathy and understanding don't affect change perhaps? Just is warm fuzzy?

I saw others in the family that were fed up/angry but ALSO advocated for her and tried to DO SOMETHING in their own way to affect change.... but not the sister. I must have missed that... links? TIA

Her sister Carol reached out to both Julie and Parker. See email in link below from Carol Walsh to Parker (scroll down almost to bottom). She offers Parker her support, tells him Julie hasn't said anything negative about him. She writes: "If she loses her relationship with you, my biggest concern is her giving up, because she feels she has nothing left, and committing suicide."

She indicated she was willing to in and help, but she needed to be invited by either Julie or Parker.

http://tbo.com/assets/pdf/TB48127.PDF

After hearing her statement before sentencing I don't think she should have been prosecuted; since her arrest she's been under better managed medical care (no ability to miss her meds, pick and choose them or mix them with alcohol, etc) and she still had a hard time stringing together two coherent sentences. Even the judge seemed to get it, no tongue lashing before handing down the sentence, he actually seemed a little choked up. The prosecutors and her family (including Parker) should have insisted on a lifetime commitment to a mental institution instead of a trial, I suppose the DA didn't think she deserved a hospital over a prison infirmary but in my opinion it would have been the right thing to do.

I do hope the judge looks into the statements made by the alternate juror, and turaj, yes, he dismissed all of the alternates, not just the one who spoke right away.

I agree with what you say. Even in the best of circumstances (for instance, the 9 months when she was receiving excellent care as an inpatient at Walter Reed Hospital) she was extremely unstable, having psychotic events, having to be put in the padded room with no sheets or blankets.

I think (hope) that she'll end up with a lifetime commitment to a mental institution -- probably up to Chattahoochee. That place used to have quite the reputation (shades of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest") -- but nowadays I think (hope) it's ok.

I do think that being found guilty and sentenced to life without parole would be necessary to make sure she stays in hospital. If they'd forgone the trial, I don't think they'd be required to keep her there -- if some silly young inexperienced doctor decided she was "better" -- she might get out.

Jury foreman: Schenecker verdict was 'no-brainer'

Her trips to the gun store where she shopped for the murder weapon confirmed Madison's belief. Prosecutors argued the fact Schenecker lied about why she needed the gun proved she knew right from wrong.
Talking about the defense experts..
Morgan says he tuned them out, once prosecutor Jay Pruner questioned them on cross examination.

"Pruner just ate them alive,” he said.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/25539786/jury-foreman-schenecker-verdict-was-no-brainer

Jury foreman: Schenecker verdict was 'no-brainer'

Her trips to the gun store where she shopped for the murder weapon confirmed Madison's belief. Prosecutors argued the fact Schenecker lied about why she needed the gun proved she knew right from wrong.

Talking about the defense experts..

Morgan says he tuned them out, once prosecutor Jay Pruner questioned them on cross examination.

"Pruner just ate them alive,” he said.

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/25539786/jury-foreman-schenecker-verdict-was-no-brainer

copy/pasted quotes

"Ate them alive"? Was he at the Coliseum?

I'm in full agreement with a statement made earlier, jurors should button their lips after their service.

copy/pasted quotes

"Ate them alive"? Was he at the Coliseum?

I'm in full agreement with a statement made earlier, jurors should button their lips after their service.

At least until the first appeal is over... sometimes years later some show like 20/20 will do one of those "remember when" shows about an old famous trial; that's ok. But in the heat of the moment, it's a bad idea. Look at how here we're all nitpicking that one alternate's comments, and focusing on the word "minds" and reading a lot into that --- when he's surrounded by shrieking news crews and big cameras, and speaking off the cuff..... easy to say something wrong, or something you think they want to hear which isn't necessarily true. It can be really intimidating.

Better to craft a general statement among themselves and let one person only talk to the news crews and just say something like "... this was a difficult experience, which we all took very seriously, and we came to our judgment after sober and careful thought..." and just shut up about the rest of it.

I agree with what you say. Even in the best of circumstances (for instance, the 9 months when she was receiving excellent care as an inpatient at Walter Reed Hospital) she was extremely unstable, having psychotic events, having to be put in the padded room with no sheets or blankets.

I think (hope) that she'll end up with a lifetime commitment to a mental institution -- probably up to Chattahoochee. That place used to have quite the reputation (shades of "One flew over the cuckoo's nest") -- but nowadays I think (hope) it's ok.

I do think that being found guilty and sentenced to life without parole would be necessary to make sure she stays in hospital. If they'd forgone the trial, I don't think they'd be required to keep her there -- if some silly young inexperienced doctor decided she was "better" -- she might get out.

Or worse yet, budget cut backs could easily result in someone like her being let go, especially in a year or two when the publicity has faded. Bad as she is, there's worse in those hospitals, and there's just not enough beds.

just in case someone wants to read the whole journal of JS I found a link --

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/jurors-say-scheneckers-journal-sealed-her-fate/2180124

two items of interest for me

she knows that PS will be successful at whatever he choses

notes that she needed psych rehab not alcohol rehab and that she needed more compassion from him and the kids in Nov

Well that is more sadness and really furthers my feelings that she was so severely mentally ill. It had been mentioned in court that her handwriting was good and speaks to her sanity at the time she wrote...that writing to me looks like someone literally in the process of losing their mind. Just awful.

just in case someone wants to read the whole journal of JS I found a link --

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/jurors-say-scheneckers-journal-sealed-her-fate/2180124

two items of interest for me

she knows that PS will be successful at whatever he choses

notes that she needed psych rehab not alcohol rehab and that she needed more compassion from him and the kids in Nov

Wow newone, great find and thanks for sharing! It was really hard to read, both physically and mentally. Julie is definitely insane, IMO

Wow newone, great find and thanks for sharing! It was really hard to read, both physically and mentally. Julie is definitely insane, IMO

Interesting jury read the journal and saw sane and I read it and see pretty much insane. It is totally jumbled just like her brain.

Am I missing something? when I click on the link no journal only an article and video of the foreman. I tried 3 different browsers on my IPad.

Never mind I found it. Thank you.

Interesting jury read the journal and saw sane and I read it and see pretty much insane. It is totally jumbled just like her brain.

Same here, it just exudes craziness to me, kinda like a case study of a descent through madness. It makes me start to doubt my M1 belief, actually.

Also, it was interesting reading more in context. For example, "the evil starts Thursday" is more chilling without context. In context, it follows her daughter calling her evil, and a bunch of other things as well. And it was a parenthetical note, like an aside. To me, it loses some of its bite in context.

The massacre comment is still chilling, to me, in context.

Same here, it just exudes craziness to me, kinda like a case study of a descent through madness. It makes me start to doubt my M1 belief, actually.

Also, it was interesting reading more in context. For example, "the evil starts Thursday" is more chilling without context. In context, it follows her daughter calling her evil, and a bunch of other things as well. And it was a parenthetical note, like an aside. To me, it loses some of its bite in context.

Agree. She clearly had racing thoughts.

It reads like drunken rambling of a woman who could not handle the defiance of puberty to me. She even states she was drunk writing. If I took that many meds and mixed it with booze, I bet my writing would be similar...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back