FL - Chad Oulson, 43, killed in Wesley Chapel theater shooting, 13 Jan 2014

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by ~n/t~, Jan 13, 2014.

1. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

2. Loading...

3. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

Watching this. Apparently movie goer was texting during previews and the move goer behind him shot and killed him and wounded another...

unbelievable.

4. Frigga

Frigga New Member

What?

What is this world coming to?

5. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

Two people were shot -- one fatally -- inside a movie theater in Wesley Chapel early this afternoon in an apparent dispute between two couples over noisy texting.

Read more: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/story/...-at-wesley-chapel-movie-theater#ixzz2qJNrhpY3
    Follow us: @myfoxtampabay on Twitter | FOX13TampaBay on Facebook

Unreal!

6. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

7. Angels_Not_Forgotten

Angels_Not_Forgotten Anxiously Awaiting a WINNING NFL Season!

Over a movie? You have got to be kidding me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. dh109977

dh109977 Member

Omg this is like 45 min from where I live. It's insane. So texting during movie previews is a no no now? I honestly think people are going nuts.

9. rabidstoat

rabidstoat Active Member

10. Herat

Herat New Member

So what percentage of people in a movie theater are carrying weapons?

Of all people, a retired policeman should have known how to reasonably approach someone.

Time in prison serves him right for killing the father of a three-year old who was texting his kid.

11. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

In this article it states the shooter left to alert management before returning and shooting victim.It seems management or security did not respond.Could it be the shooter went to his vehicle to retrieve a gun therefore premeditation?Surveillance video should clear that up.

12. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

And the movie hadn't even started yet. This is insane.

13. CHERIE.T

CHERIE.T Former Member

wth is wrong with people? an ex cop murders someone for texting in a movie theater! hope the murderer spends the rest of his life in prison.

14. dh109977

dh109977 Member

I was listening to this story on the radio. The more I think about it. What the heck. Why not move your seat? Who cares that the guy was texting during the previews. The shooter also went to tell the movie theater workers that this guy was texting.

Really to me it looks like just another police officer retired or not throwing their power around, having a temper tantrum when it didn't work, then abusing his power and shooting.

15. Sonya610

Sonya610 Former Member

I can't help but think of the scene in "Scary Movie II" regarding the loud obnoxious theater goer.

Seeing as how the article states "popcorn was thrown" I have to wonder if a self defense argument will come into play here. Why did the wife put her hand up? Was it to hold her husband back? Who started throwing things?

16. dh109977

dh109977 Member

What happened to the days when 2 men had a disagreement and "took it outside"? Everything these days seems to end in gunfire and death.

17. rabidstoat

rabidstoat Active Member

Given that he's 71 years old, this seems likely.... unless a jury acquits him, or he gets an insanely good plea bargain.

18. rabidstoat

rabidstoat Active Member

I was wondering that too. Though it's just as likely he had a concealed carry permit. It looks like from this site that retired police even get a discount on the permits.

Though even with a CCW, I wonder if the movie theater was a self-declared "no gun zone". I believe businesses can still restrict firearms on premises, permit or not.

19. rabidstoat

rabidstoat Active Member

The updated CNN article found here currently lists a few new (to me) points:

1. It was the guy shot who threw the bag of popcorn at the shooter during the argument. The shooter then responded by firing.

2. The police report states that when asked why he fired, he said "he was in fear of being attacked" after having an "unknown object" thrown at him.

3. Both cell phone usage in the auditorium and weapons are prohibited at that theater.

20. rabidstoat

rabidstoat Active Member

21. gxm

gxm New Member

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm really looking forward to seeing how far the defense gets with the use of a deadly weapon against a bag of popcorn.