GUILTY FL - Chelsi Gregory, 17, killed in street racing crash, 24 March 2005

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by hipmamajen, Mar 26, 2007.

1. hipmamajen

hipmamajen I love the friends I have gathered together on thi

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070325/ap_on_re_us/picture_sentence

More at the link.

2. Loading...

3. pedinurse

pedinurse Former Member

damn.
    and to think: that's worse than what paroled child molesters have to do. the child molesters can just run around living life as usual without anything but an online database with their info on it and a police officer checking up on them occasionally. while the punishment seems appropriate in this case (dummy shouldn't have been out drinking and drag racing) it also seems somewhat unfair that these child molesters don't get it worse than they get it.

4. Vegas Bride

Vegas Bride New Member

Yes but the child molestors would get off by looking at their victims pictures so that wouldn't really be a punishment for them.

VB

5. Opie

Opie Well-Known Member

I can't help but fear that the ACLU or some bleeding-heart, politically correct group will appeal the part about the picture, claiming it is a violation of the criminal's rights. (sarcasm)

6. pedinurse

pedinurse Former Member

eh. you're right. freaking sickos.

7. Jessiebell

Jessiebell Lizard Catcher

You took the thought from my head.

8. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

I read about a judge that made the person...drunk driver...carry a picture of the person that he killed in his wallet and he also had to send a dollar to the parents of the young person that he killed every year on her birthday. The drunk driver said that seeing her picture everytime he opens his wallet and sending that dollar every year on her birthday is a constant reminder of what he did while driving drunk. I remember that he had to send that dollar for years. I think the idea was an excellant idea just like this guy having to have a big picture in his house of the person that he killed. Did the judge say where the picture had to sit...frontroom?

9. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

From April 2007:

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070406/NEWS/704060370