GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salem

Salem Former Member

Please continue here. AND remember the following:

1. Dad is OFF LIMITS.

2. Speculation needs to be based on facts. There is a lot of speculation in this thread about child trafficking, drugs, etc. WITHOUT links or any backup from LE or MSM. If you want to go down that road - you need to link it to something.

Here is a link to our rules: The Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

3. It is in everyone's best interest to read them, because each poster is responsible for following them.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to pm a Mod. Discussing moderation in the threads is against TOS. So send one of us a pm and we will be happy to assist you.

Salem

Media & Timeline Thread

Thread #1

2. Loading...

3. summer_breeze

summer_breeze New Member

4. Salem

Salem Former Member

5. Ausgirl

Ausgirl Enough Is Enough!

I was trying to reply to the comments regarding the brand new drive to change the laws on offenders in the last thread but it closed and I lost my post!

I mentioned on a thread earlier tonight where a death prompted a move for law reform -- Great news!

But what a pity it took so much suffering for change to get there...

WHY does innocent after innocent have to die before the lawmakers GET that predatory, serial sexual offenders can't be rehabilitated and need harsher sentencing? Why? It's not like there aren't enough examples of paroled serial sex offenders raping someone the moment they get out of jail. It's not --rocket science-- there.

Makes me :stormingmad: endlessly.

6. eileenhawkeye

eileenhawkeye Active Member

I am kind of skeptical that Cherish's death will lead to any changes because I have noticed that when victims have a law named after them, it was their parents who fought for it. They talked to legislatures, and I have a very hard time seeing Rayne doing that. I don't know about Billy. One exception I can think of is Caylee where her family had nothing to do with getting her law enacted, but it took the massive outrage of the verdict for it even be proposed. Can someone think of another case where the parent(s) of the victim played absolutely no part in getting the law passed? I just think for any law, you need people who are going to passionately fight for it, and who is going to fight harder than the parents of the child?

7. GulfCoastKAT

GulfCoastKAT New Member

I too am so sick of these RSO's coming out of prison and re-offending!!! Early media reports claimed that Smith wasn't a predator or a killer. I would have to say that little Cherish knows differently! And I still cannot get over Rayne's choices that evening. It just boggles my mind how this all came about.

8. floridamomma

floridamomma "I've never let my school interfere with my educat

sexual likes do not change. im not suddenly going to like women. they used to believe gays could change their preferences with therapy.

i hope that one day sexual predators are just given the dp right away. wishful thinking, i know. ::sigh::

9. my_tee_mouse

my_tee_mouse Done. Put a Fork in Me.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/46434.php

https://www.bja.gov/evaluation/program-corrections/sops2.htm

http://oregonsatf.org/about/satf-me...myths-and-misconceptions-about-sex-offenders/

http://www.shsu.edu/~piic/summer2007/lokey.htm

http://www.njep-ipsacourse.org/OrdersOfProtection/DoesSexOffenderTreatmentWork.php

Just some food for thought regarding treatment and sex offenders. I've already given my personal opinion on the subject.

10. AstroKitty

AstroKitty Former Member

i really recommend the documentary "A place for pedophiles". It's in full on youtube. It's regarding a special CA prison designed JUST for pedophiles. Castration doesn't work... pedophilia is mental not physical and people can't choose to be pedophiles. They can however choose to not break the law, the problem is impulse control JMO

11. MysteryMama

MysteryMama New Member

12. mrsward

mrsward New Member

13. necco

necco New Member

Delayed to 3:50.

Deputy threatened to juggle and sing.

14. MysteryMama

MysteryMama New Member

Or 3:50 they are saying now....

15. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

Police is looking for a blue stroller that the mother put in the suspect's van but the stroller wasn't in the van when he was arrested.

16. necco

necco New Member

Looking for a double (back/front) stroller, older model, probably beat up. Was in van at one point but not when he was taken into custody.

17. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

there is no evidence that the mother took the stroller inside the Walmart.

18. AstroKitty

AstroKitty Former Member

anyone have a link to the presser?

nvm: found it

19. MysteryMama

MysteryMama New Member

Double stroller that mother put into suspect's van at Dollar General, did not take it out at Wal-Mart, but it was not in the van when suspect was arrested. They are asking the public to look for it, not touch it, etc. No clues given as to where it might be or why they want it, specifically.

20. GulfCoastKAT

GulfCoastKAT New Member

Maybe the van didn't have evidence of the crime so they are thinking that wherever he dumped the stroller is the possible crime scene for whatever happened to Cherish?

21. JaxFlaGal

JaxFlaGal Active Member

http://www.news4jax.com/news/funera...mily/-/475880/20725544/-/5wsa56z/-/index.html

Includes a very grainy picture that I guess is from Dollar General surveillance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.