GUILTY FL - Christian Aguilar, 18, UF student, Gainesville, 20 Sept 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told by some of the searchers that Pedro is short and that Christian towered over him at 5 ft 10 inches. I am speculating, but I wonder if they got out of the car, perhaps to urinate or check something on the car and Pedro jumped back in and used his car as a weapon. I hope I'm wrong.

I have a decent amount of hope on this one that they have enough evidence, and he's already talked enough that they will either find him or that he may actually come clean and give up the location for a deal.

Here's to hoping.

This statement was in tonight's Miaim Herald: "Ron Kozlowski, an attorney for Bravo, said he suspected the police may have moved more quickly with the murder charge because Bravo’s parents were planning to bail him out of jail, perhaps on Friday."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/28/3024733/gainesville-police-to-expand-search.html#storylink=cpy

There would have to be some kind of physical evidence to believe he's dead and get this done correct? In the truck maybe?

I just finished reading all 26 pages and I'm completely heartbroken for Christian's family. :( I can't understand how people think this is acceptable to murder another human being in cold blood. Please God bring Christian home to his family!

I find his claiming a major of biomedical engineering puzzling, too, considering community colleges are not geared towards majors... But primarily on under grad/general Ed classes completed.

I realize there may be some concentration, such as math and sciences... But not biomedical engineering, I would,think..

JMO

I found it odd that he has the same major as Christian. Maybe he was jealous of Christian and it wasn't entirely about the girlfriend. They've been friends since high school. Christian gets into UF, Pedro doesn't. The gf and Pedro break up, then she dates Christian. Maybe he was unhappy that his former gf is now dating Christian....a few weeks, right? Maybe Pedro was p*ssed because Christian had it all going for him .... everything he wanted for himself. Jealousy can be a "b".

I attended junior college for 2 years before transferring to university. I had to claim a major when I entered junior college and give the name of the university that I intended to transfer to. They had the sheets that listed the courses I would need in order to transfer and be accepted into that program at that specific university.

Hi Ray- welcome & thank you. This gave me chills- I thought of the article that said something like "he abruptly switched colleges to Gainesville / Santa Fe". Could he really have been planning this since then???

I think it's very possible that it had been planned for a few weeks. Just SICK SICK SICK!!!

I know Pedro's family is 'caught in between a rock and a hard spot", but how they can not help Christian's family is beyond my comprehension. This baby (yes, an 18 year old baby) is out there 'somewhere' at the hands of the monster they raised. (PS I'm not blaming the parents for Pedro's actions.) :banghead:

Florida Gov. Rick Scott is joining the search Saturday for a university student last seen nine days ago.

Scott will search in a wooded area in Gainesville for University of Florida student Christian Aguilar, the governor's office said.

The search will take place the same day a Florida teen is scheduled to make his first court appearance in connection with the killing.

Pedro Bravo, 18, is charged with murder in the killing of Aguilar, authorities said.
At the court hearing, a judge will assess the case and decide whether the teen will get bail, said Ron Kozlowski, his attorney.

######

Gainesville police posted a fresh plea Friday night, on the department's Facebook page, asking volunteers to report to the Florida Farm Bureau at 9 a.m. Saturday to resume the search for Aguilar.

Bravo's lawyer said his family initially volunteered to help in the search, only to be politely turned down by the victim's relatives.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/29/justice/florida-missing-student/index.html

I just watched on my local news station a clip of Christian's father. What a strong man. I know how devastated he must be although I can't even imagine..

Pedro looks pitiful. Unfortunately, I think he will ultimately kill himself. I don't think Pedro was born to be a monster. I don't think it was in his genetics. Clearly he had some mental issues of some sort and I think a broken heart and a loss of a relationship with EF combined with a jealous and admiration with Christian and Christian and Erika starting a romantic relationship completely sent him over the edge.

I'm sure we may start to hear things now about Pedro. People will start talking.

Things along the lines of.. "Oh, I remember him, he was so eerily quiet." "That boy had a strange fascination with ... "

You know what I mean.

So sad. RIP Christian Alvarez. I'll be in Miami today thinking of him and his family.

Bravo looked straight-faced into the jail camera during the proceedings, wearing a black, sponge-like frock that stretched from his shoulders to the floor.

######

Before the charges were discussed, a family friend read a statement from Aguilar’s father Carlos.

“The Aguilar family extend their condolences to Pedro Bravo’s family," the statement read. "They understand that there are two families suffering today. That being said, they do ask that justice be served."

Ron Kozlowski, one of Bravo’s attorneys, said the Bravo family is praying for Aguilar’s family.

“There’s pain on both sides of this case," he told media gathered outside the courthouse.

He said Bravo has been told not to talk to police about the case.

“He drove [police] around town. He showed them what he said he knew," Kozlowski said. “Since then, he has retained his right to remain silent."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/29/3025829/bravo-makes-first-court-appearance.html#storylink=cpy

I can't remember the last time I cried this much. I think I felt my heart snap in half. Saying that I feel terrible for this family is an understatement. I am the oldest of 4 children. I have two younger siblings in college and the youngest in high school. If one of my siblings was ever murdered, my life would be over. I hope they can find Christian's body so that the Aguilar family can have a proper burial.

Gatorgirl...

I am so sorry for this terrible outcome of people you know...

They are blessed to have a dedicated, caring person in their lives as you!

:praying:

They must have blood evidence from the Blazer, or they were able to glean other evidence from his clothing found by the roommate. (but that seems a bit of a stretch)
The only other thing I can think of for the DA to approve the upgrade in charges would be a confession. It seems too soon to have any forensics back from a computer or tablet.

I hope he did just plain confess, this needs to come to an end for all.

Just thinking...

Could Bravo have hit Christan with his car?...

And the clean appearance of the car is from Crime Lab removing evidence?

You guys, I feel like I've posted too much and high-jacked the thread. I do apologize if that has been a problem with some. I'm a little embarrassed to be posting this, but Christian and yes Pedro have drawn me in. I really don't need a response, but just wanted to get that out there.

Actually, ColdPizza...

I have sincerely appreciated your "drive" in making this thread reach conclusions/solutions!

:seeya:

It is so sad to think that Christian was in Best Buy looking at new CD's with his 'best friend.' Little did he know that his pal had already bought a shovel and duct tape. That is so frightening. My kids are the same age and are off at school as well. And it is so frightening to think that they could be ambushed and brutally killed by someone they consider a friend.

I understand your fears totally...

My daughter lives with some friends... 24 years old.. And her first time living away from home.

I have been so concerned about her safety, too.

Maybe as small consolation... This case has hit the news and WS because of its unique nature... This is not a typical situation.
:please:

Murder charge filed in UF student's disappearance
snip
Bravo originally told police that he wrecked the Blazer about a week before Aguilar's disappearance, causing him to have to replace that rim, but police said none of that information could be confirmed.
snip
"We had figured out some sort of a timeline for Christian on the last day he was seen. Now we're kind of switching gears to Pedro's timeline to figure out exactly where he was and see if we can kind of plug in some holes there," Gainesville police spokesman Ben Tobias said Friday morning.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Murder...rance/-/475880/16782148/-/97yf7p/-/index.html

I am not doubting the room mate's account of helping Bravo fix tires, etc.

but doesn't that situation conflict with LE's suspicions that prior accident is not truth?

JMO

The vehicle has front end damage, right side damage and the right rear bumper. It could easily be 2 accidents.

I am not doubting the room mate's account of helping Bravo fix tires, etc.

but doesn't that situation conflict with LE's suspicions that prior accident is not truth?

JMO

I think Pedro's story was he was in 2 accidents. The first one happened a few weeks back and he put the spare tire on. In the second accident prior to Christian going missing, he damaged the spare tire; thus, he had to buy a new tire (the one we see in the pictures that obviously is not a spare).

It seems to me that LE cannot confirm the first accident, only the second one via the roommate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong