GUILTY FL - Christian Aguilar, 18, UF student, Gainesville, 20 Sept 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe for use on a body and on himself in Abzug infested areas like swamps?

I,guess I am just agreeing with you! :smile:

Sorry to quote myself... But "Abzug" was supposed to be "a bug"...

My iPad is taking liberties again... :blushing:

I hope there is some insight into PB's mind in those journals. From what we've been told so far, there seemed to be a lot of mixed emotions about CA in PB's mind. Thinking about PB's parents' reaction to what they considered their son's portrayal as a monster, though, I wonder if what drove PB to the breaking point wasn't actual jealousy, but pressure .... pressure from his parents to be like Christian. Perhaps PB's parents have held CA up as sort of a standard by which to measure their son. The pressure could've gotten too intense for PB since he was in college, and just couldn't measure up. Sadly, maybe in his mind the only solution was to take CA out of the picture. Maybe it wasn't so much that PB wanted to be CA; he wanted to be accepted for who he was. Two young men have lost their lives. :(

Insightful, and valid, analysis!

For those continuing to join the searches in mosquito-infested areas, I thought you might be interested in knowing that Avon's Skin So Soft* repels mosquitoes. Long ago I worked as a camp counselor where one little girl would splash on some of the Skin So Soft before we took a trek into the woods. We laughed, thinking she didn't know it was just bath oil. But, years later I learned that she was right. If I had to go into a mosquito-infested area, I think I would pour the Skin So Soft over me from head to foot. I don't know if it might be effective on ticks, too.

Thank you to those who are searching. I hope Christian will be found soon so his family can have some peace.

* This is not a commercial

O/T.... But DH and I camp a lot... And I am going to try this mosquito repellant... Avon's Skin So Soft!

I always have Avon skin so soft in my backpack! We fish a lot on Fl lakes and I can't stand mosquitoes! They love me. Not to mention, keep a fabric softener sheet in your back pocket to keep those buggers away for you searchers. It works

Fabric softener sheets, too, as repellents... Even easier! :smile:

I was told by some of the searchers that Pedro is short and that Christian towered over him at 5 ft 10 inches. I am speculating, but I wonder if they got out of the car, perhaps to urinate or check something on the car and Pedro jumped back in and used his car as a weapon. I hope I'm wrong.

I am still leaning towards the car being the weapon, too, at the moment...

I just watched on my local news station a clip of Christian's father. What a strong man. I know how devastated he must be although I can't even imagine..

Pedro looks pitiful. Unfortunately, I think he will ultimately kill himself. I don't think Pedro was born to be a monster. I don't think it was in his genetics. Clearly he had some mental issues of some sort and I think a broken heart and a loss of a relationship with EF combined with a jealous and admiration with Christian and Christian and Erika starting a romantic relationship completely sent him over the edge.

I'm sure we may start to hear things now about Pedro. People will start talking.

Things along the lines of.. "Oh, I remember him, he was so eerily quiet." "That boy had a strange fascination with ... "

You know what I mean.

So sad. RIP Christian Alvarez. I'll be in Miami today thinking of him and his family.

Attempt at suicide could very well be in Pedro's mind...

Perhaps there was some truth in his original Baker ....

and he just wanted to take Christian down, too!

Attempt at suicide could very well be in Pedro's mind...

Perhaps there was some truth in his original Baker ....

and he just wanted to take Christian down, too!

This morning I was thinking ... if Pedro was that frustrated with his life, not being able to live up to the standard he or others set for him, why didn't he just commit suicide? Why take the life of an innocent person? Did he really think his life would be more comfortable with Christian out of the picture? Christian's life ... his hopes, his dreams ... may have been taken away, but Christian hasn't been taken out of the picture. He's now the center of the picture! Somehow, I don't think Pedro expected that. :waitasec:

~snipped~
GAINESVILLE – A backpack belonging to missing University of Florida student Christian Aguilar was found hidden in the closet of murder suspect Pedro Bravo, and investigators also found blood in Bravo’s SUV, according to an arrest report charging Bravo in Aguilar’s murder.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/...t-appearance.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Wow! Christian's backpack was found in Pedro's closet?! Lends some credibility to the theory that Pedro wanted to "become" Christian, whether he was jealous that Christian was living his dream, or he felt impelled by others to follow in Christian's footsteps. It appears he believed he could do that. Otherwise, why not dispose of the backpack? Did he never think he'd be a suspect?

So sad. I did not expect it to take that twist. Now I just wonder where the shovel and tape is. And what was the point of buying that CD???? Any ideas? I thought the CD was maybe a way for Pedro to kind of like lure Christian into hanging out with him. Maybe listen to it in the car as some kind of distraction? It was Christian's favorite artist after all...

Could Christian be buried with it? Where is that shovel and tape? Has to be in water or thrown in a garbage or woods somewhere...

I knew it all along. I knew he threw that phone into water (along with the CD and tape I'm sure). I think his intention was originally to bury Christian and then freaked out after he realized what he had done and dumped him in a swamp. The sad part is that if Christian is in a swamp it's going to be very hard to find him. There really are just so many gators and animals in those swamps. I hate to sound so negative but it's true. What a terrible, terrible situation.

Just a quick check in. I found this and don't know whether anyone else has posted it. Looks like police have some evidence. http://miami.cbslocal.com/2012/09/2...-backpack-in-his-closet/#.UGco6_n5ZhF.twitter

Pretty damning evidence!
Court records reveal police found Aguilar’s backpack in the bedroom closet of suspect Pedro Bravo’s apartment. Even more chilling: they revealed blood was found in several locations of Bravo’s 2004 Chevrolet Blazer.

Arrest report states " The def stated that the victim was barely breathing and not moving, lying on his back partially in water, at the time the def left him."

He was left near or in a swamp.

The article is chock full of info.
Bravo said that he then exited the Chevrolet Blazer and attacked Aguilar for ten to fifteen minutes. Bravo said he was on top of Aguilar, punching the UF student until he lost consciousness. He said that Aguilar was barely breathing and not moving at the time Bravo left the scene.

Bravo then told investigators that he turned off Aguilar’s cell phone and threw it into a wooded, water-covered area. He then returned to his apartment and hid Aguilar’s backpack in a suitcase in his bedroom closet.

I knew it all along. I knew he threw that phone into water (along with the CD and tape I'm sure). I think his intention was originally to bury Christian and then freaked out after he realized what he had done and dumped him in a swamp. The sad part is that if Christian is in a swamp it's going to be very hard to find him. There really are just so many gators and animals in those swamps. I hate to sound so negative but it's true. What a terrible, terrible situation.
I wondered if Bravo removed the SIM card if the cell had one and then he just tossed the phone.
Bravo admitted to beating Christian for approx 10-15 mintues....thats a long time.

I wondered if Bravo removed the SIM card if the cell had one and then he just tossed the phone.
Bravo admitted to beating Christian for approx 10-15 mintues....thats a long time.
It's hard to believe anything that Bravo has said, but I agree 10 to 15 mins is a long time. He would have had to of been in such an intense rage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong