FL FL - Cieha Taylor, 28, dropped off bf, car found on tracks, Plant City, 6 Feb 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Feb 18, 2020.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Finding Cieha

Aug 6
    Today marks 6 months Cieha has been missing.

She mysteriously disappeared after dropping her boyfriend off at a friends home in Plant City FL. Cieha was last seen in Plant City Florida on Thursday February 06, 2020.

Cieha Annette Taylor missing and loved

Our families hearts are broken. We are devastated this is something we would never wish on anyone. Ciehas case is still an open and ongoing investigation. We need to continue to post and share her pictures so her name and face continue circulating on Facebook and around the world. We need answers as to what happened to our girl.

We know no matter how bold our requests may seem God can do all we ask and so much more! If we touch and agree he will answer our prayers. We are praying for answers. We are praying the Lord will lead us in the right direction to find our girl.

If you have any information regarding Ciehas disappearance please contact HCSO at 813-247-8200.

bluenoser, MaryG12, Beanpot and 3 others like this.

2. PayrollNerd

PayrollNerd Well-Known Member

In Florida, the open records law is pretty broad. You can probably put in a request but I wouldn’t be surprised if they declined your request. It’s an active investigation. They at times will put a hold on records until later. Eventually tho, most everything will be public record.

3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info! :)

I was just brainstorming....thinking what the incident log says for when the police officer moved Cieha’s car.

4. PayrollNerd

I believe it was on the FB page that the identity of the officer was being kept quiet. If they release any documents it would surprise me if it was heavily redacted.

Flicka1 and mlhenn like this.
  5. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Oh I’m sure!

Rellabella and Flicka1 like this.
  6. Coffiecat

Coffiecat Well-Known Member

The officer that moved her car was well outside his jurisdiction. If on duty, reporting it is telling on himself. If off duty, could be indifference. If part of a multi-jurisdiction narcotics task force, there are several scenarios.

7. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yes that’s what stopped Jennifer Kesse’s family They sued for Access IIRC

8. PayrollNerd

Oops! I meant to say it would NOT surprise me if it was heavily redacted. My apologies and hopefully the readers read it as it was intended.

9. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

10. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Finding Cieha

Tonight was the prayer vigil for Cieha ❤️❤️

Flicka1, Steph8angels and PayrollNerd like this.
  11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Plant City missing woman case to be focus of HCSO's first episode of new cold case podcast

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is launching a cold case podcast, in hopes of shedding some new light on missing persons and unsolved homicide cases dating back decades.

Podcast one will shed more light on the story of Cieha Taylor, the 28-year-old woman who went missing in Plant City six months ago. To mark that dreaded anniversary, her family and friends held a vigil in Plant City Saturday night at the location where officers found her car.

While the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office continues to follow leads, they’re hoping their new cold case podcast, calledUnfinished Business, helps bring answers for families like the Taylor’s.

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office is releasing Cieha Taylor’s episode of the cold case podcast on Monday, August 10th, on Apple Podcast, Spotify, Google Podcast, Stitcher, iHeartRadio, and on their website.

12. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Plant City missing woman case to be focus of HCSO's first episode of new cold case podcast

There’s no trace, there’s no evidence, there’s nothing. So it’s like we’re sitting from the very day that we found her car until now, there’s nothing,” said Canitha.

Instead, time has seemingly stood still.

“These cases are extremely heartbreaking, even devastating, to the families of these victims. We’re hoping that this will generate new leads,” said Hillsborough Sheriff Chad Chronister.

13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Family holds vigil for woman missing since February

It's now been six months since 28-year-old Cieha Taylor was last seen.

Canitha Taylor, Cieha’s mother, said she wouldn’t just abandoned her things.

“She had just gotten the car for her birthday in November. She loved the car, the phone, the independence. That’s where we were trying to get her. She was working to try and get things together in her life so it was extremely odd,” she said.

Cieha's mother believes someone out there knows something and that's why she's not giving up hope.

What did happen to Cieha Taylor, and did she leave the car there herself or did someone else? They're questions the Sheriff's Office is still trying to answer.

"At every single avenue, they are just coming up with no answers, so it is too hard for them to say at this point if it is a homicide or if she is still out there," HCSO Public Information Officer Crystal Clark said.

14. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

You may try a FOIA request. Even if it has redactions, it could still show dates or that something or nothing was done.

15. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if it has been suggested here how similar this case is to Lauren Dumolo missing 6/19/20 from Cape Coral, Lee County, FL.

Most of you here contribute to her thread, so I'm saying it here for those who aren't familiar with Lauren's case.

16. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I agree. That is one of the first things that crossed my mind when I read about Lauren’s burgundy shirt being found days after the area was initially searched...I instantly thought, “Cieha’s shoes found by the pole!”

17. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2020

18. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

Can any locals explain how close geographically these incidences occurred? Thanks in advance! Emma

19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I’m not local (or even in same state) but I did provide some photos in posts above of the area where Cieha’s car & other belongings were found. That will give you somewhat of an idea of the area.
    I could be mistaken but I believe @Magz knows more about the Cape Coral area.
    Looking at these two places in terms of miles apart, it states they are 143 miles apart or about a 2hr 15min- 2hr 30min drive.
    upload_2020-8-10_15-10-48.jpeg

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

20. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Finding Cieha
    Aug 10

Cieha Annette Taylor Missing and Loved

Again thank you all so much for coming out Saturday night to the prayer vigil. We truly appreciate you all.
    Our family is devastated there have been no new leads and little to no information given to us by HCSO. If you have any information please contact HCSO at 813-247-8200.

A special thank you to our family friend Sam who owns Samantha George Photography for taking pictures at the vigil.