FL FL - Cieha Taylor, 28, dropped off bf, car found on tracks, Plant City, 6 Feb 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, Feb 18, 2020.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Missing Plant City woman's car found on railroad tracks
    There’s a VIDEO at the link above.
    This video is from Feb & it may very well already be posted on this thread so forgive me if it is...but what I liked about it was they showed Cieha’s car parked at the tracks; the video also shows what the tracks, the area, etc look like where her car was found.

2. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

Thank you. That helps. I was under the impression that they were closer.

3. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

Yep-I75 or r41. These would bring you to the north end of Cape Coral. We call it The Cape. Cape is about 120 square miles of land. We break it up into quads NE, NW, SW, SE. Lauren lives in south east (SE) Cape. The Taco Bell she worked at is very close to NE Cape in North Fort Myers on Cleveland Ave. 41 is called Cleveland Ave there. If you keep heading South, you hit Alligator Alley which takes you across the Everglades to Miami.

4. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

Well, there does seem to be some issues as to why the car was moved, etc...That may be your answer

5. Magz

Magz Well-Known Member

We appear to have the same issue with Texas EquuSearch not being allowed in Lauren's case despite one of her sisters knowing TexEq.

6. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

‎Unfinished Business: Cieha Taylor on Apple Podcasts

This HCSO aired their podcast on Cieha’s case. Chad Chronister is the sheriff and is the main person sharing info throughout the episode.

Wow! Wow! Wow! I mean IMO...quite full of information I wasn’t quite aware of or the sheriff shared details I didn’t know about.

Based on HCSO:
    •Cieha was living in Plant City with her on & off boyfriend and his friend.
    •Feb 6 around 4pm, Cieha left the house
    •LE spoke to the boyfriend, friend, and the friend’s parents. Parents didn’t have much interaction with her, but the two guys stated Cieha was acting strange like she was having a mental crisis.
    •LE downloaded info from her phone and interviewed those she last spoke to.
    •One person was a friend in Lakeland that Cieha stayed with a lot; she was supposedly on her way to the friend’s house (6th) but never made it. That friend also stated she sounded strange.
    •Still Feb 6, a citizen saw her car and called it in to LE; they got out to check and noticed the car was running and that it was facing northbound on tracks
    •HCSO & PCPD responded to the scene. The deputy & officer made the decision to move the car since it was obstructing an active railroad line
    •Feb 9, the boyfriend’s mother sees the car on the side of road & calls the boyfriend. He comes down to the car and then calls the Lakeland friend; that friend comes down and they decide to drive the car to Cieha’s mom’s house. Oh and they got AAA to unlock it for them.
    •10th, LE searches vehicle & collects evidence. Only fingerprints are Cieha’s and people she knows like the boyfriend and friends, etc
    •there have been several searches and some leads but they’ve ended up as dead ends.

Rellabella, Flicka1, Gigi3 and 8 others like this.
  7. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

That actually gives me hope- since the friend she talked to and was going to go see also said she sounded strange (not scared) its possible that she had or is still having a mental break and traveled somewhere and hasn't reached out. we can hope she's alive and maybe even well?
    So hoping for some news or new leads soon. I hope this isn't some breakup violence getting covered up well with the help of the friend; given some of these new facts I'm more hopeful that's not the case.

Marg from Oz, Flicka1, Gigi3 and 3 others like this.
  8. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I understand the mom calling the boyfriend saying, “hey, Ciaha’s car is sitting here by the tracks.”
    I even get him calling the friend in Lakeland if that’s where Cieha was supposed to been going a few days earlier.
    What I don’t get is why they decided to call AAA to come unlock the car doors, then decide to drive it to a totally different town instead of either calling LE or calling her mom.????

And is AAA supposed to just unlock any car that someone calls to request & do so??

9. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Also I listened to the podcast again and I can’t tell if the Sheriff stated the deputy AND the police officer decided to move the car from the tracks because it was obstructing an active railroad line (which I thought he said) or it was obstructing an active roadway lane.
    I que that because if the sheriff stated railroad, then that goes against what’s already been reported (that it’s closed down). So if someone else gets a chance to listen, I’d appreciate it! :D

10. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

What I heard in listening to the podcast is that the decision was made to move the vehicle because it was obstructing an active CSX [RR] line. It was sitting on the railroad tracks, facing Northbound, with the engine still running.

11. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    So I wonder if it really is active or not...hmmmm.

Marg from Oz, Flicka1, Carja7 and 3 others like this.
  12. alexwood

I think it is. Read this: Plant City, FL

13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I went back through part of the thread to see where the tracks not being active came from. And it may not be significant at all. That’s just my OCD (literally)!
    I quoted two posts, one being mine where I linked the source stating the railroad track had not been used in over a year due to maintenance.

14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

We now know (based on what the sheriff said) after Cieha left the house she was heading to a friend’s house to stay in Lakeland. That’s supposedly why the boyfriend didn’t notice her missing for a few days.
    But....
    The house is pretty close to where her car was found. Does that mean the boyfriend never passed that way during those 3 days? Possibly not.
    Also, if she was supposed to be going to a Lakeland friend’s house and didn’t show up, wonder why the friend didn’t call the boyfriend to check it out? They had each other’s phone numbers I assume because the boyfriend called that friend right after he was made aware of the car.
    Or was it normal for Cieha not to call or text her boyfriend to say, “hey, I made it to Lakeland!” or they talk at some point within those 3 days?

15. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Sorry y’all if it seems like I’m rambling!

But I wonder if the reason Cieha was going to stay at her friend’s house in Lakeland was due to her and the boyfriend having a fight of some kind?

16. alexwood

In my opinion, the car on the tracks was staged. I believe that Cieha has met with foul play at the hands of someone(s) she knows.

Rellabella, ogls, Mermaid76 and 7 others like this.
  17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

Yep I sadly am in agreement - they need to be searching IMO

18. Gigi3

Gigi3 Well-Known Member

Did her mom speak to her daily? We have 3 different reports that she was behaving strangely, and oddly enough, these 3 people were the ones she was supposed to be with/around during that time.

Something sure seems off about this case and I fear it’s not good. JMO

Flicka1, Carja7, Dre and 2 others like this.
  19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Wish we knew what time she communicated with the friend in Lakeland (if it was before or after she supposedly left the house)? If after, that would put her in the car with a very little time frame to get from house, talk or text friend, and to RR tracks.
    If before, then oh the possibilities!:(

Marg from Oz, Flicka1, Dre and 3 others like this.
  20. Acorunadepor

Acorunadepor ''There is fire where you are going."

I think something different went down. She supposedly dropped her boyfriend off. And the only witness is a certain friend he was being dropped off at.

I think she tried to flee at that location, whatever was going on in the car it made her leave the car at that location. She was chased down and overpowered, put inside of a car (which was following them) and disappeared from side after that moment.

Staging a car is something quite different, because that means you can be spotted. Leaving the car on the tracks getting into another car. Dont get me wrong my scenario of what possibly happened also includes the risk of being seen. Only difference is it I think it happened all of sudden, in the moment.

Rellabella, kelsie, MaryG12 and 8 others like this.