FL - Clay Duke fired shots, killed self at Panama City school board meeting

Very sad. I read that Clay Duke had a criminal record and that he was a massage therapist at one time. That woman, Ginger, was very brave.

According to the Florida Department of Corrections, he was charged with stalking, throwing missles and obstructing justice.

Wow, that video is creepy. Kudos to all of them, especially Ginger and the guy who shot at Duke. Even the other guys on the board were trying to talk him out of it. The one guy even wanted him to let the others go and keep him there because he said it was his fault Duke's wife was fired. They were all very brave. Thank God it turned out the way it did and the innocent victims weren't killed.

Wow, that video is creepy. Kudos to all of them, especially Ginger and the guy who shot at Duke. Even the other guys on the board were trying to talk him out of it. The one guy even wanted him to let the others go and keep him there because he said it was his fault Duke's wife was fired. They were all very brave. Thank God it turned out the way it did and the innocent victims weren't killed.
The situation was handled well by all of the board members except for the lady who hit him with her purse. She is very lucky she wasn't shot. I feel terrible for the security guard. He was pretty traumatized by this. I read that he was taken to the hospital with chest pains. Has anyone heard how he is doing?

It's not easy, especially with a .45, to handle the gun, maintain a steady hand, keep your eyes on the target, deal with the recoil, and manage to hit what you're aiming at. Add to that the possibility of liquor, and I'm not surprised that he didn't hit anyone. And add further to it not knowing who or what is behind you, and wondering if another person with something more than a purse is coming at you, and you've got a good chance of missing your target.

I also do not discount God in the mix, ever.

All I can say is that this is one of the scariest vids I've ever seen, and would love to buy them all dinner, especially Ginger. She simply rocks.

Thank God it ended as it did, with no further injuries or death. The school officer is a hero in my book.

Best-
Herding Cats

This man seemed very calm. I didn't see him shaking or even nervous.

He looked right at the superintendent when he fired and pointed with a steady hand just feet away from him. He was a large man......handling a .45 would have been no problem. I bet he had handled firearms before for many years before he decided to do this.

I think he wanted to terrorize them and leave them fear struck for the rest of their lives.

Imo, he came there to make sure they watched him commit suicide and to put total fear in them. I think that was his full intention.

IMO

I don't click on some videos and stories at WS because I just get too upset. I watched this one and have to say I can't fault the purse woman in any way. She was terrified for the men who were "sitting ducks" and she reacted. She did something, anything she could think of. She couldn't watch as this man shot innocent people and did whatever she could. Yes she put herself in danger but she felt the danger the other men faced was much worse and I think she was very brave.

hi ...all i live in panama city where this happened....and my friends were in this room...there will be a news conference this morning with mike jones...watch i think it will be on live stream...wmbb.com...yes...lets remember...God was in this room...and a band of angels....

But Littleton and her purse have shot to fame, with TV stations across the country airing the video. The faux crocodile leather handbag -- which contained a "lot of keys," a compact, a wallet, a cellphone and "bills I should be paying" when she swung it at Duke -- was handed down to her because it was too heavy for her 89-year-old mother-in-law.

I can guarantee you that if she'd been carrying my purse, Mr. Duke would have been sprawled on the floor unconscious. :crazy:

Mrs. Duke was on GMA this morning insisting that her husband was "only trying to scare people" because he was such an expert shot. Didn't look that way to me. And seeing as how he'd served time for aggravated stalking and shooting at his girlfriend, I wonder how she knew anything about his marksmanship in the first place? An ex-felon with a history of bipolar disorder has access to firearms and spray paints his own house with the "V for Vendetta" symbol and she sees nothing out of the ordinary? :waitasec:

PANAMA CITY — Mike Jones was a hero even before he stormed in and stopped a crazed gunman from killing six people at a Bay District School Board meeting, his friends, co-workers and loved ones said Wednesday.

You can see the man’s character in how he has spent his life, they added.

Jones was a cop with the Panama City Police Department for 20 years, then he retired and served for a while as a school board member. After a failed bid for sheriff, he became Bay District’s chief of safety, security and police.

But there is even more to him than his day jobs.

(snip)

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/mike-35771-panama-shooting.html

Clay Duke Wife Interview Video: Rebecca Duke Talks of Shooting

Rebecca Duke, spoke out Thursday about the Panama City Florida School Board Shooting. Here is the Clay Duke Wife Interview Video

Rebecca Duke, the wife of Clay Duke, spoke to the media Thursday about her husband's role in the Florida school board shooting. Appearing before reporters, Rebecca Duke referred to Clay Duke as a "gentle giant" who did not intend to hurt anyone.

Rebecca Duke said that her husband was an expert marksman and likely missed the school board members on purpose.

Panama City Florida School Board Shooting Video

During the Florida shooting, Clay Duke expressed anger over the fact that Rebecca Duke had been let go by the school board. Rebeeca had worked as a teacher for special needs children and was fired last year.

During the Clay Duke wife interview, she said she regretted that her employment situation may have helped push her husband over the edge.

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/clay...ideo-rebecca-duke-talks-shooting-2738417.html

PANAMA CITY BEACH — The purse used by Bay District School Board member Ginger Littleton in an attempt to disarm a gunman Tuesday has been cleaned out of personal possessions and will be auctioned on eBay.

Proceeds from the auction by WJHG-TV will go to the Salvage Santa project headed by Mike Jones, the school district’s security chief credited with saving the lives of the board members. Jones has spent countless hours rebuilding and repairing hundreds of bicycles for local children each year for the past 30 years.

(snip)

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/pa...ml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Bid is currently at $785

http://cgi.ebay.com/250744119410

What a wonderful idea - I commend her for donating the proceeds to Salvage Santa!

I have read some articles about this but definitely not all. Was it ever said what job his wife was fired from and why?

Okay, not only is Ginger Littleton brave, she is also quite funny!

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/pa...ml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Proceeds from the auction by WJHG-TV will go to the Salvage Santa project headed by Mike Jones, the school district’s security chief credited with saving the lives of the board members. Jones has spent countless hours rebuilding and repairing hundreds of bicycles for local children each year for the past 30 years.

“The idea was suggested to me and I thought it was a great idea,” Littleton said of the auction. “I just left the Nelson Building, and my purse has been cleaned out and I have my things in one of those boxes that reams of paper come in. It’s very classy.”

:angel:

PS...I can't get any of the ebay links to work, and a search doesn't pull it up. Hmmm???

The e-bay link was working for me earlier, but now I get this:

This listing (250744119410) has been removed, or this item is not available.

o Please check that you've entered the correct item number
o Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.

ETA: here's a screenshot of the former page. Wonder why it was taken down?

http://richmedia.onset.freedom.com/nwfdn/ldl2rw-ebay.pdf

I found it disturbing to say the least that the media kept airing the tape of this over and over again. I feel just because there is a videotape of a madman terrorizing people with a gun does it mean it has to be shown? I feel it will just encourage others who are unbalanced to do the same thing for their 15 minutes and to go out in a blaze of glory.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back