FL FL - Collier Co, WhtFem 235UFFL, 45-70, in shallow grave, Jun'78

Yes, Doris not Caren (the daughter). The Namus profile says "Cannot estimate" under the weight listing on this UID. Facially (to me) there's a bit of a resemblance. Height is within range as Doris was short. The place this UID was found appears to be on the other side of the Everglades from where Doris went missing.

Yes, Doris not Caren (the daughter). The Namus profile says "Cannot estimate" under the weight listing on this UID. Facially (to me) there's a bit of a resemblance. Height is within range as Doris was short. The place this UID was found appears to be on the other side of the Everglades from where Doris went missing.

Yes, facially she does look close. Could the UID have been there as long as four years?

FWIW Namus has the PMI listed as 0-1978. They said she was very decomposed and also covered in Lime. It's possible that whomever killed her thought it would stop the smell or speed up decomposition, but I've read some studies that suggest that burying someone with certain kinds of lime can actually help delay decomposition. We also don't know if Doris would have been killed right after she was reported missing and there was some weirdness with the missing dates when I found their cases. (Doris was listed as missing early in the year, and Caren was listed as missing from like November.)

CCSO asks for help in 1978 case of woman found dead in Big Cypress National Preserve
Dec. 7, 2018
b117ed9e-0989-4a68-be79-90465c5ba827-showimage.png

"Collier County Sheriff's Office detectives are asking for the public's help in identifying a woman, whose body was found in 1978.(Photo: Collier County Sheriff's Office)
Detectives are asking for the public's help identifying a woman whose body was found 40 years ago in a shallow grave in Big Cypress National Preserve, according to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

"The Sheriff’s Office recently updated a composite sketch, hoping to identify the woman who was found in a shallow grave covered in a white powder, possibly lime, according to investigators."
Her body was found in 1978 off State Road 29 in the national preserve, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The woman was Caucasian, stood about 5 feet 4 inches tall and had multiple lacerations on her scalp, face and right hand, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

She was estimated to be between 45 and 70 years old at the time of death; her eye and hair color are unknown, according to the Sheriff’s Office. "

CCSO asks for help in 1978 case of woman found dead in Big Cypress National Preserve
Dec. 7, 2018

"Collier County Sheriff's Office detectives are asking for the public's help in identifying a woman, whose body was found in 1978.(Photo: Collier County Sheriff's Office)
Detectives are asking for the public's help identifying a woman whose body was found 40 years ago in a shallow grave in Big Cypress National Preserve, according to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

"The Sheriff’s Office recently updated a composite sketch, hoping to identify the woman who was found in a shallow grave covered in a white powder, possibly lime, according to investigators."
Her body was found in 1978 off State Road 29 in the national preserve, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The woman was Caucasian, stood about 5 feet 4 inches tall and had multiple lacerations on her scalp, face and right hand, according to the Sheriff’s Office.

She was estimated to be between 45 and 70 years old at the time of death; her eye and hair color are unknown, according to the Sheriff’s Office. "

Was the white powder not tested?

OT
This reminds me of the "lime lady" case.
It was April 1980 when a group of fisherman discovered the body of a mystery woman along the banks of the North Canadian River in a case that has become Oklahoma's oldest unsolved murder.
The killers had covered Jane Doe's body in "quicklime," believing the chemical would hasten decomposition, but the substance instead "mummified" the body and preserved evidence, allowing the medical examiner to create a DNA profile of the woman.

A little different information from the Lost and the Found site (following Namus) The Lost & The Found

Found buried in a shallow grave on the west bank of Highway 29, 3/10th of a mile south of Alligator Alley. Obese, decomposed, and covered with white powder (possibly lime). Extensive lacerations/mutiliation of face and scalp, and of the right hand.

Skeletal findings
The frontal bone displays the early stages of hyperostosis frontalis interna (thickening of the frontal bone). There are pronounced bilateral lesions on the petrous portion of the temporal bone surrounding the auditory tube related to chronic ear infections (otitis media). These lesions may have resulted in some degree of hearing loss due to their close proximity to the auditory nerve.

There is DNA and dental information.

Ruled out:
Helen Vorhees Brach
Year of birth 1911
State last known alive Illinois

Irene Van Buren
Year of birth 1903
State last known alive Florida

Linda Davis
Year of birth 1946
State last known alive Oklahoma

Grace M. Canto Reapp
Year of birth 1945
State last known alive Vermont

I also wonder what the condition of her teeth were. There is no mentioning of dentals, or a dental plate, missing teeth...

For convenience; she would have been born between 1908 - 1933

And did they check if this lady gave birth. I hope so.

OT
This reminds me of the "lime lady" case.
It was April 1980 when a group of fisherman discovered the body of a mystery woman along the banks of the North Canadian River in a case that has become Oklahoma's oldest unsolved murder.
The killers had covered Jane Doe's body in "quicklime," believing the chemical would hasten decomposition, but the substance instead "mummified" the body and preserved evidence, allowing the medical examiner to create a DNA profile of the woman.
Wow this is very interesting..I never heard of the lime lady ... I wonder if they are connected are other similarities or ifvthey are connected...the time frame is close.

Dec. 7, 2018

Thank you dotr for this thread . I had not heard of this woman .

I was wondering about her weight saying obese. I KNOW in 1978 Obese was not what we consider Obese in 2018. In her reconstruction, she does not look to me like she would be "Obese".

Also seems like she had no scalp, I can't tell by the description. I don't know where they came up w that hair then..Iam thinking they must of just been remains that were found, but how would they know about the scalp? I guess looking for any Middle Ages Caucasian woman from around that point would be my guess.

It's frustrating when the info is just so vague! A little smaller window on the time if death could help too. At least they are making an effort to bring this poor woman into the light and hopefully it will jog some memories out there. I do love when they bring up cases from the past Into the public!!!

I found this woman missing from CT she was 5'4 and 150 lbs . I don't know what would qualify as obese in 1978. But I'd thought I would add her anyway.

3776DFCT - Jacqueline Winfred Kinney

3776DFCT.jpg
3776DFCT1.jpg
3776DFCT2.jpg
3776DFCT3.jpg

Mouse over to enlarge

Name: Jacqueline Winfred Kinney
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 5, 1969
Location Last Seen: Canton, Litchfield County, Connecticut

Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1934
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 150 lbs.
Hair Color: Red/Auburn
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Right side of abdomen from a previous surgery. Partial disability of left arm, partial paralysis of left side.

Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance
Kinney was last seen on December 5, 1969. Few details are available.

A new article and a new composite sketch at the link for this woman....

1978 cold case: Help sought to identify woman found dead in Big Cypress Preserve

Detectives are asking for help to identify a woman whose body was found 40 years ago in a shallow grave in Big Cypress National Preserve, according to the Collier County Sheriff’s Office.

The Sheriff’s Office recently updated a composite sketch, hoping to identify the woman found in a shallow grave covered in a white powder, possibly lime, according to investigators.

Really a long shot here, but I wonder if they have already checked Marjorie Wilson, missing from Deltona, FL in Dec. 1976?

NamUs MP3007 Missing Person Case

The Doe Network: Case File 2871DFFL

FL - FL - Marjorie Wilson, 66, Deltona, 4 December 1976

Again I do know it's a long shot, and I have three problems with even bringing it here (but I'm going to have to anyway so I can sleep tonight LOL):

1) The Lost & The Found link above mentions obese, and Marjorie was only 112 pounds - BUT NamUS says "cannot estimate weight" (so ?)

2) Marjorie listed as 5' 2" this person estimated 5' 4"

3) would someone missing in 1976 be consistent with their find in 1978 (tissue, etc.) OR could the lime have affected that?

Maps show Big Cypress Reserve is only about 1.5 hour drive from Deltona.

Here's a (poor) side by side I tried to do. Any chance?

2dweneo.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back