Identified! FL - Crescent Beach, WhtFem UP3036, 30-50, burr holes in skull, Apr'85 - Mary Alice Pultz

After nearly four decades, a murdered woman, whose remains were found in a shallow grave in Crescent Beach, Florida, has been identified as Mary Alice Pultz of Maryland.

Mary Alice’s family revealed to investigators that they lost contact with her around 1968 and rumors had spread over the years that she may have been killed by her boyfriend in either Florida or Georgia.
It interests me that her family theorized that Mary was murdered in Florida, which turned out to be true. I wonder if her boyfriend was responsible for her death or not.

Well done on yet another solves @othram!

Rest in peace, Mary.

Last edited:

After nearly four decades, a murdered woman, whose remains were found in a shallow grave in Crescent Beach, Florida, has been identified as Mary Alice Pultz of Maryland.

Mary Alice’s family revealed to investigators that they lost contact with her around 1968 and rumors had spread over the years that she may have been killed by her boyfriend in either Florida or Georgia.
Family lost contact in 1968 and she was discovered 17 years later in 1985. That is a long period of time. I wonder if it can be determined more precisely exactly how long she spent in her shallow grave. Also wondering if she did indeed live in Europe or if it's just another case of isotopes being incorrect.
Some of the reconstructions were close but it seemed like she had softer more feminine features from the picture on the website.
If her boyfriend is still alive and can be found he is gonna have some serious splainin to do....

Family lost contact in 1968 and she was discovered 17 years later in 1985. That is a long period of time. I wonder if it can be determined more precisely exactly how long she spent in her shallow grave. Also wondering if she did indeed live in Europe or if it's just another case of isotopes being incorrect.
Some of the reconstructions were close but it seemed like she had softer more feminine features from the picture on the website.
If her boyfriend is still alive and can be found he is gonna have some serious splainin to do....
I did find the unedited yearbook photo, and it does seem like Mary's features are softer, but it's worth nothing that this photo was taken when she was just 16.
Mary Putz.jpg

The yearbook record I found says 1944, but considering it's an estimation, I'd put a bit of wiggle room in that estimate. Maybe 1943 - 1945?
Ok. So somewhere in early to mid twenties when she loses contact with family. And when she was a UID they estimated her to be 30-50. So even on the lower end of that it would seem like there was a significant amount of time between estrangement from family and murder. Of course isolating a woman from her family is right out of the abusive/controlling boyfriend or husband playbook. Like @SimsGuy67 , I too would love to know what was the genesis of the rumor of her being killed in Georgia or Florida....which as pointed out actually turned out to be fact.
If the boyfriend was around her age or older he would be in his eighties....lowers the statistical chance that he is still among the living.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back