FL- Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, Brandon Rollins,massacred,Frostproof, 17 July 2020*MEDIA,MAPS

Three People Arrested In Frostproof Triple Homicide

July 22, 2020

[..]

William “Robert” Wiggins was interviewed again. During that interview, Robert admitted to seeing Damion in the Dollar General store on Friday evening while he stood in line behind Damion with his brother TJ. When they left the store, TJ directed Robert (who was driving) to turn onto a particular road, instead of going home. Two trucks, occupied by the three victims, passed Robert on that road, at which time TJ told Robert to make a U-turn and follow the trucks.

Robert followed the trucks to Lake Streety Road in Frostproof. Robert stayed in the truck with Whittemore, while TJ got out and confronted Keven Springfield, punching him and yelling at him, accusing Keven of stealing his truck. Brandon Rollins and Damion Tillman get out of their truck, and TJ continues to scream at all of them. Robert told detectives he watched as TJ shot all three victims. TJ then asked Robert to help him put Damion into the back of one of the trucks.

[..]

Dollar General store video of homicide suspects

In this Dollar General store video, three suspects arrested for a triple homicide in Frostproof can be seen coming and going, just prior to committing the murders on July 17, 2020. One of the suspects - Tony "TJ" Wiggins - can be seen standing in line behind and talking to one of the homicide victims (Damion Tillman). Click here to read the news release: https://tinyurl.com/y2h3u68e

July 22, 2020

Judd said TJ was out on bond for breaking a guy's arm with a crowbar, and was going on trial for separate felony charges. The sheriff said, normally, a murder is commonly a result of drugs, alcohol, money or domestic events -- but there was no evidence of that prior to the murder.

TJ faces three first-degree murder charges. Robert and Mary face three counts of accessory to a murder and one count of tampering with evidence.

Judd said additional charges could come as more evidence heads to the forensic lab.

'Pure evil in the flesh': Well-known felon 'massacres' three fishing buddies in Frostproof, sheriff says

7064232_fbs.jpg

KEVEN'S OBITUARY
Keven Michael Springfield, 30

Keven M. Springfield, 30 of Frostproof, Florida passed Friday, July 17, 2020.

He was born November 1, 1989 in Bartow, Florida to James Edward and Patsy Ann ( Mannis) Springfield and he has been a lifelong resident of this area. He was an Automotive Mechanic.

He is preceded in death by his mother, Patsy Springfield.

He is survived by his wife, Sarah Springfield; 8 children; father, James Springfield of Frostproof; sisters, Angela Michelle Smith ( Michael) of Okeechobee, Janice Mesey ( Chris) of Midland City, Alabama; brother, Tommy Springfield (Janeth) of Winter Haven.

Family will receive friends on Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:00 am until the funeral service at 11:00 am at the Marion Nelson Funeral Home of Frostproof with Pastor Sam Haag officiating. Interment will be held at the Silver Hill Cemetery.

Obituary for Keven M. Springfield at Marion Nelson Funeral Home Inc.

BRANDON'S OBITUARY

Brandon C. Rollins, 27 of Frostproof, passed away Friday, July 17, 2020.

He was born December 5, 1992 in Bartow, Florida to Cyril E. and Dottie L. (Payton) Rollins and he was a lifelong resident of this area. He was an Equipment Operator in Lawn Care. Brandon loved hog hunting, fishing, spending time in the boat, was always wheeling, and dealing, enjoyed hanging out with his close friends.

He was preceded in death by his maternal grandparents, Floyd Owens, and Dorothy Payton, paternal grandparents, Betty Sue Lewis, and Billy Jack Rollins

Brandon is survived by his parents, Cyril Rollins, and Dottie Payton; sisters, Jessica Lynn Solis (Daniel Mark) of North Carolina, Ashley Nicole Payton Bustos (Adam) of Fort Meade; nieces, Ariel, Alyssia and Julianna; nephews, Christopher, Alexavier and his girlfriend, Jessica Steenson

Family will receive friends on Saturday, July 25, 2020 from 10:00 am until the service at 11:30 am at the Church of God in Frostproof with Pastor Sam Haag officiating.

Obituary for Brandon C Rollins at Marion Nelson Funeral Home Inc.

7064420_fbs.jpg

Damion Allen Tillman
June 26, 1997 - July 17, 2020

Frostproof - Damion Allen Tillman, age 23, passed away Friday, July 17, 2020. He was born June 26, 1997 in Bartow, FL. Damion worked at Lowe's in Sebring. He loved to hunt, fish and helping others. He is survived by his parents, Roy & Elizabeth Tillman, two sisters, Angelica Tillman and Katherine Tillman, brother, Ethan Parker, grandmother, Donna Smith, aunt, Janice Fair & husband J.J., uncles, Jack Tillman, Billy Tillman & wife Teresa, Denny Tuck & wife Anna Mae, James Tuck. Graveside service will be held Saturday, July 25, 2020, at 10:00 AM at Evergreen Cemetery in Fort Meade, FL. Condolences to family at www.whiddenmcleanfuneralhome.com

Obituary for Damion Allen Tillman at McLean Funeral Home and Crematory

'Pure evil in the flesh': Well-known felon 'massacres' three fishing buddies in Frostproof, sheriff says

July 22, 2020

FROSTPROOF, Fla. - A 26-year-old man with 230 felony charges to his name is behind bars and accused of brutally murdering three fishing friends in Frostproof, the sheriff announced Wednesday. Two other suspects were arrested, and officials said it all stemmed from an argument over a truck.

On Wednesday morning, Sheriff Grady Judd announced three people had been arrested in the Friday night murders of 23-year-old Damion Tillman, 30-year-old Keven Springfield, and 27-year-old Brandon Rollins.

The suspects were identified as 26-year-old Tony “TJ” Wiggins, his girlfriend, 27-year-old Mary Whittemore, and his brother, 21-year-old Robert Wiggins.

triple-murder-arrests.jpg

[..]

Judd said TJ alone has a criminal history of 230 felony charges, and has regularly been arrested from the time he was 12 years old.

"I didn't stutter. He has 230 charges in his arrest history. Fifteen convictions and two times to state prison at only 26," Judd said. "He's a ****, he's a criminal. He's pure evil in the flesh. He's wild and he's out of control."

Before the triple murder, Robert had one misdemeanor arrest and Mary had no prior criminal arrests.

[..]

A plastic Dollar General bag was found in one of the victim's trucks, along with a receipt dated from that night, which led detectives to the store. There, Judd said, detectives spoke to the clerk, who said the suspects were in the store, and heard Damion say he was going fishing. According to the clerk, they knew Keven would be there.

The sheriff said TJ directed his brother, who was driving that night, to head to the lake.

[..]

Robert stayed in the truck while TJ exited and confronted Keven, Judd explained. TJ punched Keven, and accused him of stealing his truck and selling the engine. However, at this point in the investigation, Judd said detectives have yet to confirm whether the accusation is true.

[..]

The sheriff's office says it is collecting donations on behalf of the families of the victims. To donate, they say, you can go to www.polksheriff.org/donate, choose “other” and type in “Frostproof Homicide Victims' families.”

‘Killed over a truck’: How Frostproof ‘massacre’ suspect, victim knew each other | WFLA

Rollins’ mother says she’s known Wiggins since he was a child.

“I worked at the school, many, many years when those kids were very young and I know them personally. I know their mom, their dad. I know the whole history, I know it all,” said Dottie Payton who says Wiggins was known to have a rough reputation.

“He was always a rough kid. He was always in trouble,” said Payton.

Three friends shot dead on a night of fishing 'may have been boxed in' by cars before 'massacre' | Daily Mail Online

July 21, 2020

Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by Cyril Rollins, the father of Brandon, who managed to call for help just before he died. Sheriff Judd said the shock of finding his son dying alongside his two friends sent Cyril to hospital later in the day.

[..]

Tillman had traveled alone to the spot, police said. His car was found facing south; the vehicle carrying Rollins and Springfield was next to it, facing north 'right in the middle of the road' suggesting they were parked 'so they could talk to each other'.

Sheriff Judd said: 'Was it something as simple as the three guys...blocked the road and made somebody mad? Or did someone follow Damion down there and shoot him and at that time Keven and Brandon drive up.'

Police confirmed they are not releasing certain details of what was said to Cyril Rollins by his son Brandon in the moments before his death. They have also not released any details on whether the bodies were found in their cars or on the road.

[..]

Police also believe there to be more than one killer, Sheriff Judd said Monday afternoon, He added: 'When you look at the crime scene and you look at what we saw it gives us reason to believe that it was more than one suspect.'

[..]

Records show that both Keven Springfield and Brandon Rollins have prior arrests; Brandon for burglary and traffic violations, Springfield for theft, burglary and domestic battery.

[..]

'Most of the time when I stand here and talk about murders I talk about either a domestic relationship gone bad or drugs and that doesn't seem at this stage in the investigation the event at all.

'This does not look like a drug deal gone bad, we have zero evidence of that. It does not appear to be a domestic incident. We don't know the reason at this stage.'

30981436-8541185-image-a-7_1595258884949.jpg

30980730-8541185-image-a-5_1595274980020.jpg

30946732-8538645-image-a-96_1595176710061.jpg

30946728-8538645-image-a-97_1595176711542.jpg

$30,000 reward offered for information in murder of 3 fishing buddies in Frostproof

(Video news interview of dad Cyrill and mom Dottie at link above).

July 20, 2020

Cyril Rollins says the moment he realized his son was calling, he knew it was bad news.

“He doesn’t ever call my phone, at all,” Rollins said. “Unless he is having trouble.”

When Cyril answered, his fears were realized.

“He said, 'Help daddy! Help daddy!'” he recalled.

He rushed to the scene where he found his son shot and bloodied in the roadway. Rollins left his home so fast, he forgot his cell phone.

“When I got there, I didn’t have a phone, at all,” he said. “I didn’t know what to do. He was talking, and all of that. I said son, I’ve got to leave you, I’ve got to go get some help.

Cyril hopped back into his car, driving to a convenience store to call 911. The store owner’s daughter went with Cyril back to the scene.

“I thought they were coming back to finish Brandon off,” he said. “But he was talking, but he was pretty bad. He was too bloody.”

[..]

Cyril says that’s when he heard his son’s cell phone ringing from his truck. It was his mother, Dottie calling. Cyril reached to grab it.

“It was in the seat. I couldn’t see it. It was covered in blood,” he said. “And I got the phone, and it was his momma and I said, 'Please Dottie, please get here, our son is dying.'”

July 20, 2020

Sheriff Judd is discussing details about the triple homicide that occurred over the weekend in Frostproof. There is a $30,000 CASH REWARD thanks to a generous contribution from our partners at the Florida Dept of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Florida Sheriffs Association (FSA) for info leading to the arrest(s) of the suspect(s). Visit www.heartlandcrimestoppers.com.

Click here to read the news release:https://tinyurl.com/y66rh3nu

Three friends shot dead on a night of fishing 'may have been boxed in' by cars before 'massacre' | Daily Mail Online

July 20, 2020

The three friends beaten and shot dead on a night of fishing in Florida 'may have been boxed in' by cars, police said Monday.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told WPCV: 'We don't know at this point...if someone flagged them down and boxed them up in the middle of the road.'

Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by Cyril Rollins, the father of Brandon, who managed to call for help just before he died. Sheriff Judd said the shock of finding his son dying alongside his two friends sent Cyril to hospital later in the day.

Murder of three friends who were fishing may have been a targeted attack | Daily Mail Online

July 19, 2020

Three best friends killed after being beaten and shot while out fishing in Florida may have been the victims of a targeted attack, police say.

Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by the father of one of the men who managed to call for help just before he died.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said: 'You don’t just stumble upon somebody out here.' He described the crime scene as 'the worst I have ever seen'.

The three men were fishing at a popular lake in Frostproof, 70 miles south of Orlando in central Florida.

30930844-8538645-Brandon_Rollins_27_was_murdered_on_Friday_night_on_a_fishing_tri-m-95_1595176695512.jpg

30946732-8538645-image-a-96_1595176710061.jpg

30946728-8538645-image-a-97_1595176711542.jpg

Brandon Rollins, 27, left, Damion Tillman, 23, center, Keven Springfield, 30, right, and all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by the father of one of the men who managed to call for help just before he died

Tillman traveled to Lake Streety first and arrived by himself, according to sheriff Judd.

When Rollins and Springfield arrived soon after, Tillman was being beaten by unknown attackers, and the two friends intervened to help Tillman and were shot.

Rollins called his father at about 10pm Friday and managed to only say 'help.'

The father jumped into his car and went to where his son had said he was going fishing.

GRADY JUDD ON TRIPLE HOMICIDE: Polk Co. Sheriff Grady Judd says 3 men were killed after fishing in Frostproof

Justin Schecker@WFLAJustin

Brandon Rollins' father described for 8 On Your Side the final phone call from his son which led to the gruesome discovery near the lake. All his heartbroken mom wants right now is justice for her son and his two best friends. https://wfla.com/news/polk-county/3-men-killed-while-fishing-in-frostproof-sheriff-judd-to-speak-at-930/…@WFLA

2:48 PM · Jul 18, 2020·Twitter Web App

"I want justice for him and I will not stop until he gets it." The girlfriend of one of the victims from the fishing trip triple murder in Frostproof says
@PolkCoSheriff
Judd shook her hand and promised he will not stop until justice is served.
@WFLA
https://wfla.com/news/polk-county/3-men-killed-while-fishing-in-frostproof-sheriff-judd-to-speak-at-930/…

2:38 PM · Jul 18, 2020·Twitter Web App

PCSO: Manhunt underway in Frostproof triple homicide

July 18, 2020

During a media briefing near the scene on Lake Streety Road on Saturday morning, Judd identified the victims as Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30, and Brandon Rollins, 27. The three men had been friends for years, Judd said, adding the families of the victims gave PCSO permission to release their names.
[..]
Judd said it appeared that Tillman arrived first in his red [GMC] pickup truck, and that while he was being murdered, Rollins and Springfield arrived in a white pickup truck and also were shot.

“In Brandon’s father’s excitement to run to help his son, he forgot his cellphone at home. So now he is out in the middle, as you can see, of no place without any communication,” Judd said. The father drove back to the nearest convenience store to call 911 and said “my son needs help.”

A 17-year-old girl, the daughter of the convenience store’s owner, jumped into the vehicle of Rollins’ father and the two drove back to Lake Streety Road, Judd said.

Polk County EMS, Polk Fire Rescue and PCSO were notified, but by the time they arrived, Rollins had succumbed to his injuries.

“These folks appear to be beaten and shot. ... We are seeking leads, we need help so we can solve this crime sooner rather than later,” Judd said, adding that PCSO suspects there was more than one killer.

Describing the “quiet, quaint” community surrounded by groves, forest and cattle ranches, Judd said the murder scene area was “about as far out in the woods as you can get.”

“This is a horrific scene. I have been to a lot of murder scenes in my life and this ranks up with the worst of them,” Judd said. “They were viciously murdered.”

Google Maps

The week ahead: 3 stories to watch out for

July 18, 2020

FROSTPROOF, Fla. —

Authorities in Florida are investigating the killings of three best friends who were beaten and shot to death while fishing Friday night, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

The victims have been identified as 23-year-old Damion Tillman, 30-year-old Keven Springfield and 27-year-old Brandon Rollins, all from Frostproof, Florida, about 70 miles south of Orlando.

Rollins called his father around 10:06 p.m. Friday and asked for help. His father rushed to where he knew he was fishing with his friends.

"When he arrived he found his son Brandon barely alive, and his two friends deceased," the sheriff's office said in a news release. "Brandon was able to say a few things to his dad, which we are not releasing at this time."

In a state of panic, Rollins' father forgot to bring his cell phone, so he went to a nearby convenience store to call 911. By the time his father returned, Rollins also died.

Watch the video linked above to listen to Judd's full statement about the triple homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back