FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that bothers me about the 2 friends apparently arriving later than the first victim. I would have thought that if the perps knew where to find Damion, which they seemingly did, they surely must have known that his fishing pals would be coming soon?
Maybe it was more convenient to come in different vehicles, as in Tillman lived at a distance from the other two?

That could be the very reason that the other 2 were shot. It could have been intended as a high level physical altercation but the introduction
on the white truck (Brandon and Keven) brings along the potential of two CCW. Brandon and Keven would have grounds for killing the suspect.
That in turned would have created a first to shoot scenario.
^^bbm
What is CCW? TIA.

All of the factors in their prior record becomes a moot point in that they have nothing to do with the event.
There is no indication or reporting that any of the 3 had a firearm but it does not preclude the suspect from thinking so.
I disagree about their prior records being moot. Perhaps there were issues arising from others involved in their prior arrests. Imo police should be checking those out and all the people involved.

I disagree about their prior records being moot. Perhaps there were issues arising from others involved in their prior arrests. Imo police should be checking those out and all the people involved.
The initial assault was on the younger guy. The other 2 just happen on the scene. Because there is no evidence
of drugs the motive rules out the drug aspect.

The younger guy has no prior drug record.

Someone posted a link to the rules below outlining the terms and definitions. However, if you were the person who posted the YC link, yes they will delete that. It's not an approved or reputable site.

To be clear, YC is not an approved MSM source at this time (just like Radar Online and DM were not WS approved MSM at one time).

As with YT bloggers, WS management makes decisions on approved content/sources on a case by case basis.

If you find information you believe relevant to the case reported on an unapproved site, please contact @Tricia or a moderator to seek permission to post the info.

It does appear that Original Media Group Corporation (i.e., yc.news) does link its Fact-Checking Policy, Code of Ethics, Terms, etc. on its news site.

Just going off your post. Some States allow you to carry with a permit from another State.

Yes, it's why I have mine through FL. At the time, more states that had reciprocity with FL than my home state. In addition, they offered licensed valid for a longer period of time and was less expensive...So, it was valid in more states, was valid longer and cost less...Gee, I wonder why many in my state spent money elsewhere

To be clear, YC is not an approved MSM source at this time (just like Radar Online and DM were not WS approved MSM at one time).

As with YT bloggers, WS management makes decisions on approved content/sources on a case by case basis.

If you find information you believe relevant to the case reported on an unapproved site, please contact @Tricia or a moderator to seek permission to post the info.

It does appear that Original Media Group Corporation (i.e., yc.news) does link its Fact-Checking Policy, Code of Ethics, Terms, etc. on its news site.

Thanks for giving a more comprehensive answer.

That is for LE to do not Websleuthers. I think that was the point.

Three friends shot dead on a night of fishing 'may have been boxed in' by cars before 'massacre' | Daily Mail Online

July 21, 2020

Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by Cyril Rollins, the father of Brandon, who managed to call for help just before he died. Sheriff Judd said the shock of finding his son dying alongside his two friends sent Cyril to hospital later in the day.

[..]

Tillman had traveled alone to the spot, police said. His car was found facing south; the vehicle carrying Rollins and Springfield was next to it, facing north 'right in the middle of the road' suggesting they were parked 'so they could talk to each other'.

Sheriff Judd said: 'Was it something as simple as the three guys...blocked the road and made somebody mad? Or did someone follow Damion down there and shoot him and at that time Keven and Brandon drive up.'

Police confirmed they are not releasing certain details of what was said to Cyril Rollins by his son Brandon in the moments before his death. They have also not released any details on whether the bodies were found in their cars or on the road.

[..]

Police also believe there to be more than one killer, Sheriff Judd said Monday afternoon, He added: 'When you look at the crime scene and you look at what we saw it gives us reason to believe that it was more than one suspect.'

[..]

Records show that both Keven Springfield and Brandon Rollins have prior arrests; Brandon for burglary and traffic violations, Springfield for theft, burglary and domestic battery.

[..]

'Most of the time when I stand here and talk about murders I talk about either a domestic relationship gone bad or drugs and that doesn't seem at this stage in the investigation the event at all.

'This does not look like a drug deal gone bad, we have zero evidence of that. It does not appear to be a domestic incident. We don't know the reason at this stage.'

30981436-8541185-image-a-7_1595258884949.jpg

30980730-8541185-image-a-5_1595274980020.jpg

30946732-8538645-image-a-96_1595176710061.jpg

30946728-8538645-image-a-97_1595176711542.jpg

Breaking news videos taken by videographers who then sell the footage to news stations. Very interesting, competitive, and dangerous occupation. Their goal is to make it to a scene before the police do. One account I follow on You Tube is called Loudlabs.

before the police?
yikes

^^bbm

I agree that in an ambush of three men that's a mystery to LE, any prior criminal convictions of the victims is relevant to speculate about anybody that could want to harm the victims. However, the sleuthing stops with the victim's records and sleuthing anybody not named by LE as a POI/suspect violates WS TOS.

MSM previously reported both Keven Springfield and Brandon Rollins have prior arrests; Brandon for burglary and traffic violations, Springfield for theft, burglary and domestic battery.

Personally, I don't see these records-- or their occupations, putting them at risk of a massacre. Actually, it's very disturbing. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire