FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Motive Remains Mystery in Florida Fishing Trip 'Massacre' of 3 Friends, $30,000 Reward Offered

Authorities speculate that the killers followed one of the men down a desolate road, and murdered the other two because they were witnesses

Authorities are working around the clock to hunt down the killers who massacred three best friends on a Florida fishing trip – and figure out why.

On Friday night, Damion Tillman, 23, Keven Springfield, 30, and Brandon Rollins, 27, were fatally beaten and shot on a night fishing trip at Lake Streety in Frostproof, about 75 miles south of Orlando.

Since the bodies were found, authorities launched a massive manhunt for the killer (or killers).

Investigators believe Tillman was the first of the longtime friends to arrive at the lake.

When Rollins and Springfield got there, he said they saw Tillman being beaten -- and were then shot by the attackers.

He speculated that perhaps it was "something as simple" as an incident of road rage if the friends, who were driving two separate vehicles, had somehow blocked the road and angered another driver.

More @link
WS/TOS

Memorial's have been placed at the crime scene. For all 3 young best friends who were ambushed and murdered. I still have no leads on motive.

It's a small community really, so even if it was a random road rage scenario, it might not take long for LE to find out who regularly went night fishing in that location. It might be the hardest scenario to prove, though.

Work problems, relationship problems, illegal problems could probably be tracked down more easily.

^^bbm

I agree that in an ambush of three men that's a mystery to LE, any prior criminal convictions of the victims is relevant to speculate about anybody that could want to harm the victims. However, the sleuthing stops with the victim's records and sleuthing anybody not named by LE as a POI/suspect violates WS TOS.

MSM previously reported both Keven Springfield and Brandon Rollins have prior arrests; Brandon for burglary and traffic violations, Springfield for theft, burglary and domestic battery.

Personally, I don't see these records-- or their occupations, putting them at risk of a massacre. Actually, it's very disturbing. MOO

Yes, it is disturbing.

Some years back there was a horrible massacre of some people in a house in Deltona, Fl, I believe. (The massacre was principally by baseball bats.)

Turns out the murders had been perpetrated by a man who had squatted in this home and left behind a gaming system. He blamed the current residents of confiscating his "toy". To get even, he and some of his buddies broke into the house late at night and beat them all to death with baseball bats. (can't remember how many died.)

My point being it was incredibly horrific and all over a stupid video console. Can't recall how they broke the case but it left me chilled until these monsters were caught and put away for life.

So, who knows? But there's an answer out there somewhere.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>

<modsnip - posting rumor from FB>

Maybe this is random violence from a gang?

There’s conflicting information on what exactly happened, but I’ve been trekking with BR/KS driving up to see DT being killed in the middle or side of the road, and the perps opened fire on the truck. This is when BR placed a call asking for help. The father said he heard fussing in the background and got dressed/sped to the scene.

I wonder about the time it took for the father to get to the scene after hanging up. Was the fussing heard the perps arguing about shooting the truck and then sped off themselves?

What’s confusing to me is at the PCS presser Sheriff JG stated that the father likely wouldn’t have been able to find the phone bc they had a hard time finding it themselves and that the trucks were all shot up. Then the father did an interview that said he found the phone bc his wife was calling it and he answered the bloody phone.

My best guess would be that the Sheriff made a mental error during the press and he actually meant one of the other men’s phone they had a difficult time finding. Perhaps BT was clutching at his phone and the perps tossed it.

Imagine it’s 10:00, pitch black out on the lake. DT’s truck has lights left on in the road.. BR/KS driving up with lights on would have eyes on the scene, but were confident enough to pull up beside DT’s truck. JG mentioned they may have been boxed in, in which case there could have been a lookout or a setup and someone was following BR/KS. That doesn’t strike me as likely.. I think the perps stood idly until the truck got very close and one of the perps unloaded with a concealed weapon, BR called his dad while they argued and the perps fled the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Sebring which isn’t far from Frostproof and I’m there every weekend to pick up/drop off my friend’s son. I wouldn’t say I’m really a close insider.. so I don’t know how much I can really post without it being rumor. But from things that I’ve heard tonight with my own ears, I really feel Grady Judd knows who killed these men, from following Damion from the dollar general, and that that information will soon come out. And I will be devastated because I’ve had contact with one of the people. Stuff like this really shocked our small communities. I pray for justice for these 3 men.

They turned themselves in today and per the PCS office’s FB they have no reason to believe that these men are connected. I assume that was an informed statement.

The man whom it was rumored to likely be behind these murders stated on his FB that he consented to a DNA test and something to the tune of looking forward to getting the results back so he can not be drawn into this. For him to say that sounds convincing enough for me. Also, it would lead me to believe that the PCS has DNA to work with.

There’s conflicting information on what exactly happened, but I’ve been trekking with BR/KS driving up to see DT being killed in the middle or side of the road, and the perps opened fire on the truck. This is when BR placed a call asking for help. The father said he heard fussing in the background and got dressed/sped to the scene.

I wonder about the time it took for the father to get to the scene after hanging up. Was the fussing heard the perps arguing about shooting the truck and then sped off themselves?

What’s confusing to me is at the PCS presser Sheriff JG stated that the father likely wouldn’t have been able to find the phone bc they had a hard time finding it themselves and that the trucks were all shot up. Then the father did an interview that said he found the phone bc his wife was calling it and he answered the bloody phone.

My best guess would be that the Sheriff made a mental error during the press and he actually meant one of the other men’s phone they had a difficult time finding. Perhaps BT was clutching at his phone and the perps tossed it.

Imagine it’s 10:00, pitch black out on the lake. DT’s truck has lights left on in the road.. BR/KS driving up with lights on would have eyes on the scene, but were confident enough to pull up beside DT’s truck. JG mentioned they may have been boxed in, in which case there could have been a lookout or a setup and someone was following BR/KS. That doesn’t strike me as likely.. I think the perps stood idly until the truck got very close and one of the perps unloaded with a concealed weapon, BR called his dad while they argued and the perps fled the scene.

Thank you for the update. geez hope there is an arrest soon.

I live in Sebring which isn’t far from Frostproof and I’m there every weekend to pick up/drop off my friend’s son. I wouldn’t say I’m really a close insider.. so I don’t know how much I can really post without it being rumor. But from things that I’ve heard tonight with my own ears, I really feel Grady Judd knows who killed these men, from following Damion from the dollar general, and that that information will soon come out. And I will be devastated because I’ve had contact with one of the people. Stuff like this really shocked our small communities. I pray for justice for these 3 men.
I have no doubt Sheriff Judd has been all over this since day one and will have an arrest soon.

I think the sheriff has a good idea of who it is too, just need something to tie the ends up with.

They turned themselves in today and per the PCS office’s FB they have no reason to believe that these men are connected. I assume that was an informed statement.

The man whom it was rumored to likely be behind these murders stated on his FB that he consented to a DNA test and something to the tune of looking forward to getting the results back so he can not be drawn into this. For him to say that sounds convincing enough for me. Also, it would lead me to believe that the PCS has DNA to work with.

Welcome, excellent post. :)

I agree that the Polk County Sheriff is way ahead of us, building a case and arrest affidavit that screams probable cause, and secures a conviction.

I've wondered if DT wasn't beat, stabbed, and shot somewhere near the lake, and one or more of the suspects were driving away in DT's red GMC when BR/KS unknowingly drove up alongside the killers. The entire ordeal just smells crazy meth head viciousness!

Given that there have been not less than 100 posts (mine included) questioning why CR did not use BR's phone to summon help, I think Sheriff Judd was trying to come to CR's aid when he stated how BR's phone was difficult for even LE to find. Nothing nefarious or incorrect, just trying to calm the waters. MOO

Thanks for your local perspective. I'm really sorry for you and your community. I do understand how small towns share both the joy and pain of their neighbors. #FrostproofRespect.

Breaking news videos taken by videographers who then sell the footage to news stations. Very interesting, competitive, and dangerous occupation. Their goal is to make it to a scene before the police do. One account I follow on You Tube is called Loudlabs.
Suzi have you seen the doc on Netflix that followed stringers? Loudlabs was one.

I just really hope that these arrests will happen before any of the suspects have the opportunity to do something impulsive so they don't have to face justice... I do worry... hopefully not justified. :oops:

I just really hope that these arrests will happen before any of the suspects have the opportunity to do something impulsive so they don't have to face justice... I do worry... hopefully not justified. :oops:

I’ve thought about this a lot too. I’d guess if it’s more than one person, there’s a lot of mistrust going on also.

I’ve thought about this a lot too. I’d guess if it’s more than one person, there’s a lot of mistrust going on also.

Very true. Also... I hope that the family of Brandon has some type of police protection since it is known that dad talked to Brandon before Brandon passed. I am sure Sheriff Judd has taken care of this, so I need to stop... :confused:

I am reading this whole thread and this is the best post I have seen so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77