FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
July 22, 2020

Judd said TJ was out on bond for breaking a guy's arm with a crowbar, and was going on trial for separate felony charges. The sheriff said, normally, a murder is commonly a result of drugs, alcohol, money or domestic events -- but there was no evidence of that prior to the murder.

TJ faces three first-degree murder charges. Robert and Mary face three counts of accessory to a murder and one count of tampering with evidence.

Judd said additional charges could come as more evidence heads to the forensic lab.

'Pure evil in the flesh': Well-known felon 'massacres' three fishing buddies in Frostproof, sheriff says

I only see him passionate about protecting innocent citizens of Polk County. I think he uses the media as a way to extract info from the public not for his image.
And his releasing all the info in the presser is because the people of Polk County have a right to know what happened in their close community and he told them.
He’s effective & popular with his Constituents- the best way to judge a Sheriff’s successfulness.

Honestly I think he's a full blown psychopath.

He may have been doing drugs, but unfortunately so does many many others all across our nation. But they don't go and murder three defenseless victims in cold blood though.

I think he was just one who thought he was entitled to do whatever he wanted to do. He has no moral compass, and I'm sure he doesn't have any remorse nor regret either.

It sickens me that time after time we see these girlfriends or wives of violent felons who are the ones who buys a firearm for them ...knowing they aren't legally able to buy one themselves.

She had to know he was up to no good when she bought the gun for him.

I hate the thought of any of them getting a deal. I hope LE will amass enough evidence against all three so the DA wont plea with any of them. Both knew his very violent history before they even went with him there to murder them.

Its appalling to know she put her felon boyfriend above her own two children, but that's the way it goes far too often. What mom with even half a brain would choose a bf who is infamously known as being this violent with so many felonies?

Imo the state police needs to investigate the reason why he was able to get out of over 200 felonies. The State AG should come in and make sure none of the DAs or Judges are presiding over his triple murder case, imo.

Jmho
I have not heard that LE said she bought the gun, just the ammo on 9 July. Though, I am sure they will try to find out where the missing gun pieces are, and where the intact weapon came from. He also had two rifles and two shotguns. Guns do not have to be obtained only through a gun shop.

I'd say that "TJ" Wiggins must have a lucrative occupation (legal or not) to keep his attorneys paid up and able to bond out of jail. MOO
duh - that's an excellent point and completely escaped me - and I should know - but we don't do criminal - that's very interesting - and I bet we can find out just who that is since we have open records here in FL..
JMO

I may have missed it, but do we know what made this one of the worst scenes Sheriff Judd has ever seen? Obviously three people senselessly killed is terrible, but I remember his original words being especially striking, and I know he's seen his fair share of homicides.

Ita! I'm from the deep south in Georgia. I was born in Georgia, and have always lived here. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else on God's green earth.

Yes it's true, as southerners we know it's true meaning.

However I have seen it used in condescending ways meant to disparage said by those who are not from the south. That is what I take issue with only.

Jmho
I pains me that the State of Florida has become what it is. It was not like this when I was born in Central Florida and growing up. It was a nice place to grow up. I do not know what happened during the 90's to become this way.
There are still plenty of southern small towns in Central and North Florida that are nice places to live.

duh - that's an excellent point and completely escaped me - and I should know - but we don't do criminal - that's very interesting - and I bet we can find out just who that is since we have open records here in FL..
JMO
TJ had a number of interesting items for sale on his FB page. Might have bought broke, sold fixed... Maybe?

Amazing that even with a three-strikes law in Florida, this guy was roaming the streets. These three murders are the fault of a very broken system. He should have never had the opportunity to do what he did.
That was my very first thought also.
He should NOT have even been wandering the streets.
Unbelievable.

230 charges and only 15 convictions?
How exactly does that work?

Indeed - so many questions. Sounds like the community has been living with this guy for far too long and I hope one outcome is that his enablers are exposed.

He (TJ) is currently out on bond for breaking a man's arm with a crowbar. He's living in a trailer with no power or running water, but he was able to post bond? And the assault didn't violate any parole restrictions?

Re: TJ's younger brother, RJ. There's six years difference in age and TJ apparently started really going off the rails when he was 12. That's a critical age difference and I'd bet that RJ has idolized his older brother from a very young age. Couple that admiration with an awareness of how TJ treats those who try to stand up to him and TJ's apparent ability to duck or minimize punishment for his actions - no wonder little brother just goes along.

I do wonder about their parents and siblings.

Indeed - so many questions. Sounds like the community has been living with this guy for far too long and I hope one outcome is that his enablers are exposed.

He (TJ) is currently out on bond for breaking a man's arm with a crowbar. He's living in a trailer with no power or running water, but he was able to post bond? And the assault didn't violate any parole restrictions?

Re: TJ's younger brother, RJ. There's six years difference in age and TJ apparently started really going off the rails when he was 12. That's a critical age difference and I'd bet that RJ has idolized his older brother from a very young age. Couple that admiration with an awareness of how TJ treats those who try to stand up to him and TJ's apparent ability to duck or minimize punishment for his actions - no wonder little brother just goes along.

I do wonder about their parents and siblings.

Also, curious how many people lived off grid at this compound? Were they family members or friends?

Couldn’t help but think of the poor police officers who had to serve the warrant & their families. Had to be terrifying not knowing what you’d encounter (but knowing exactly what you could) in such an isolated environment. Bless them all.

I pains me that the State of Florida has become what it is. It was not like this when I was born in Central Florida and growing up. It was a nice place to grow up. I do not know what happened during the 90's to become this way.
There are still plenty of southern small towns in Central and North Florida that are nice places to live.
I also grew up in Central Florida and had a great childhood. I think Florida gets a bad rap. Some of it is deserved, but there are awful people everywhere. Most parts of Florida are really great, and so many of the smaller towns are very charming. There are certainly issues, but overall it’s a lovely state.

Sheriff Judd reminds me of Chief Tim Longo (Hannah Graham case) in his dedication, passion and pit bull determination to solve the crime and apprehend the killers. I will not forget either of them.

You read my mind! That's exactly who he reminds me of... Both men are very passionate caring people.

Jmho

Also, curious how many people lived off grid at this compound? Were they family members or friends?

I'd like to know who owns the land and if they know folks are living there. In my neck of the woods, it's illegal to live permanently on land without functional sanitation facilities. Folks can push the limits (no more than a couple weeks a year/consecutively) by pretending to be under 'construction' (which can go on for months) and providing a port-a-potty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie