FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Falcon500, Jul 18, 2020.

?

Did they know their attackers?

Poll closed Sep 7, 2020.
  1. Yes

89.1%
  2. No

10.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

Maybe you could post the entire story about this case instead of a clip of the quote.

2. iridized

iridized Well-Known Member

I don't have the video where that quote came from but here is a newspaper article from a different news conference where he stated "That's all the bullets we had, or we would have shot him more". SWAT teams shot suspect with 68 bullets

3. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

Is this correct that he did indeed have 8 children? OMG how will family survive? God Bless them.

4. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

5. BeckyF

BeckyF Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. TJ wouldn’t want to be under scrutiny because he was too busy with his criminal activities. JMO

6. mom2chloe

mom2chloe Well-Known Member

Is he currently out on bond? If so I am speechless. There is a reason we keep some monsters locked up!

7. taylorss

taylorss Well-Known Member

Glad this awful crime was solved, and so quickly. It’s a relief to see justice in action without delay.

So Keven worked on cars for a living & crazy 230-crime TJ sold car & motorcycle parts on FB. Not hard to imagine the two might’ve had a disagreement or even just an interaction at some point. Presume that’s what TJ had in mind with the accusation that Keven stole the motor out of his truck.

Can someone post the FB link where TJ was saying he wondered what happened? How absurd. What a sick & rotten nut.

8. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I have never in my life seen a press conference like the one Sheriff Judd conducted in this case. I'm still a bit speechless, but wanted to say bravo!!!

If I were a criminal, I'd think twice about committing it in his jurisdiction!!

Snoods, Alcina, bluenoser and 18 others like this.
  9. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I think the article speaks for itself and the quote.

10. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

And only 2 unresolved homicides in Polk County in his 15 years as Sheriff --which Judd believes could be solved if the family would cooperate. Wow.

8paws, bluenoser, Tbone144 and 18 others like this.
  11. iridized

iridized Well-Known Member

You will like this video put together by ABC.

Traymar, 8paws, faya and 40 others like this.
  12. worm

worm Well-Known Member

Wow. I fear Frostproof May have to lay off some police officers with these people off the street for a lack of work for them to do. The sheriff was right when he was talking about how mean Wiggins can be. The incident of him hitting and choking another girl should have put him up for a while. It’s the same crap here in SC, they seem to treat domestic violence with velvet gloves.

13. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

He's clearly passionate, but there is also an old-fashioned sincerity that you just don't see in LE anymore. I have to say it's refreshing.

I have no doubt TJ Wiggins won't have the opportunity to commit felony number 234~

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  14. pizzaman12

pizzaman12 Well-Known Member

I'm not a seasoned vet like some on here but that press conference was CRAZY! Can you imagine if Grady Judd instead lived in Rexburg!

15. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I think he said if the "friends of the victims" would talk to us. But yes, incredible stats!!

16. bluedivergirl

bluedivergirl Well-Known Member

The surviving children will be eligible for Social Security Survivors Benefits. It will be a great help, but they are going to need a lot of community support.

17. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

On his FB page go to the post on April 25th 2019, a few people have posted a screenshot of the conversation - most recently M L Jr about 45 minutes ago.

Tj Wiggins

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  18. tabitha111

tabitha111 Well-Known Member

https://people.com/crime/suspects-arrest-fla-fishing-trip-murders/

a few details in this story

Before Damion [Tillman] shows up, he decides to buy a Mountain Dew," says Judd. "He goes into the store and as he is standing in line to leave, TJ walks up behind him. Behind him is his brother Robert, and Mary is also in the store. TJ and Damion are having a conversation and it is not animated at all.”

Judd says Tillman at one point told the store clerk he was going fishing with Springfield at Lake Streety.

“TJ heads out and gets in a car with Robert and Mary and ... tells Robert to follow him,” Judd alleges. “The three suspects [were] in the store with one of the three victims 10 minutes before the shooting.”

According to the sheriff, the suspects then followed the truck to Frostproof, where Tillman met his friends.

Judd says TJ got out of his vehicle and ran up to Tillman, but was actually looking for Springfield, who was sitting with Rollins in a truck.

TJ then allegedly confronted Springfield in the vehicle, punching him and accusing him of selling the engine out of his truck.

“[Springfield] says ‘I don’t know what you are talking about....I don’t know anything about your truck,'” says Judd. “TJ starts shooting into the truck where Keven and Brandon are sitting -- nine or 10 times, point blank. He then spins around and shoots Damion in his truck several more times.”
    image (1).jpg image (2).jpg image.jpg

8paws, GarAndTeed, Alcina and 26 others like this.
  19. lisaNYC

lisaNYC Well-Known Member

No he was currently out on bond for a prior offense in March 2020. He's in jail now. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2020
  20. Mind your biscuits

Mind your biscuits Well-Known Member

OMG I laughed at that, Thanks for posting. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.